49

"Look at me!"—————————

"Look at me!"
—————————

"I feel better now, Headmaster. Thank you." I let out a deep breath through my nose and picked up my cup of tea. "I just needed to cool off for a minute or two I think." I shook my head to clear my thoughts and drank the warm liquid.

"I just can't believe that little witch would try to swoop in on Harry like that— as if you two were broken up or something!" He shook his head and stared at his desk. "Just you wait until the end of the year feast when Ravenclaw falls short on house points, I don't want to hear a peep of shock from her-"

"I'd say that's not very fair, but I think I'd do a lot worse to her-"

"As you should!" Dumbledore furrowed his brows behind his crescent moon-shaped glasses and kicked his feet up on the desk, reclining slightly in his chair. "Maybe Fawkes could leave a few droppings on her homework, and we could pretend— Oh, why not? You're always down for a challenge!" He turned towards the red and gold bird that was screeching behind his desk in a scolding manner.

"I think Fawkes is right... that might be a little much..." I sighed, crossing my hands over my stomach and closing my eyes as I rest in the chair in front of Dumbledore's desk.

"I think you ought to get the new Quidditch team to give her a run for her money in their match." The sorting hat spoke up from his dusty shelf.

"New team? They've already replaced us?" I felt a sense of grief linger in my bones.

"Yes, yes. I hear things around this castle before you'd even imagine them to be true. I know Ginny Weasley is the new seeker— an excellent trade for Potter, it seems. I'd be surprised if he ever gets his position back— if he gets the lifetime ban lifted, of course-"

"Who else? Did they find a chaser? Or beaters? Who is-"

"Miss Evans, we just got you to relax. Let us not work ourselves up over Quidditch positions." Dumbledore pushed my cup of tea towards me again across the desk. "I do say, however, that-" He cleared his throat and sat up in his chair so swiftly that his feet knocked a few quills off the edge of his desk as he moved. There was a rapping at the door and he gave me a bewildered look that I responded to with a shrug just as frantically. "Come in!" He called shakily, trying to hide the evidence of our late-night hangout to make it appear as if we had been discussing important business.

"Ah, Professor McGonagall and... ah..." I turned in my seat to find Harry in disarray while Ron followed behind him with an uneasy look. Ron looked at me and started mouthing behind Harry's back things like 'losing it,' 'dreaming again,' and 'off his bloody rocker.'

"Potter has had... a nightmare?" Professor McGonagall sounded unsure of herself as she looked at the Headmaster in front of me. "Miss Evans, fancy meeting you here so late into the night." She narrowed her eyes as I gave a sweet smile.