13

"Salizar's sake, Evans! Snog me real quick and I'd call this déjà vu!"—————————

—————————

The further North we traveled the harder the rain beat on the glass windows of the steam engine. The compartment we sat in was silent after Harry's outburst had shut me up, and I could tell Ron and Hermione felt more than awkward as they glanced between the two of us in anticipation of the fight that a radar could've picked up brewing from over 30 miles away.

"I'm sorry, Harry, is there something you'd like to say to me?" I asked the usually charming boy with a harsh laugh— though, it was pretty obvious I knew the answer for myself. I take it that his time away from me not only let him think of the events that had taken place recently, but had given him time to turn his sorrows into anger and let those negative feelings linger in the forefront of his brain.

"Yeah, Ruby... I do have something I'd like to say. Who do you think you are to just come in here as if nothing happened a few days ago, and expect all of us to move on from it?" He asked me angrily, and the sight of his jaw tensed and his green eyes narrowed was way more attractive to me than it should've been.

"Why are you so angry with me all of the sudden?" I asked as he rolled his tongue over his teeth as if to hold his words back. The rattling of the trolley outside the door caused Hermione's face to light up with unspoken relief before she jumped to her feet in a haste.

"Oh boy! Time for a snack, isn't it Ronald?" She grabbed his hand and pulled him out the door before Harry or I could even breath the same hostile air again. Typically, I think he would've stolen his hand back, grimaced, and made a big deal about needing to wash his hands like she had cooties. Honestly, the only people oblivious to their actual fondness of each other is themselves. However, Ron followed behind her so quickly, he didn't pay any mind to her touching his hand at all.

"What is your problem, Harry?! Seriously! No one else is even bothered by the situation anymore! Just you! Hermione and Ron are fine! I thought we had moved past this after I apologized for it?" I asked him as I stood from my seat with a stomp and looked down at him with a scowl on my face. I was pissed, truly. Here I've sat at home, worried to death about how he has been feeling, all the while he had probably pinned up a poster of me at the Burrow and threw darts at it for sport.

"You are my problem! What you did wasn't okay, and you're nothing but trouble anymore! That's all you seem to know to bring into my life!" He yelled at me as he stood and now towered over me by an inch or two. "You made out with Malfoy, and then want to act like you're the one who can't stand the git? As if I even trust you enough anymore to believe that! You'd probably run off and tell him all of our secrets now that you're so interested in him!" Harry accused me, and I let out a dry laugh as I shoved my finger into his chest with a force so hard I thought it would break on impact with his sternum.

"How dare you? You know he kissed me against my will after he got me plastered! I did something stupid, and I told you I was sorry! I would never do that to you purposely, Harry, and you know that! You can't seriously let this affect our friendship this much." My voice dropped in volume as I looked up at him.