07

"Was too busy staring at her legs

"Was too busy staring at her legs."
—————————

"Here's Lucius!" The Minister beamed, and Harry turned around in his seat at Fudge's words with threatening eyes. His attitude had taken a complete 180 in the last 30 seconds and seemed like he was miserable at the world. Damn, I must have really managed to piss him off.

"H, are you mad at me?" I asked him quietly, and he turned to look at me instead of the men behind us. His furrowed brows and narrowed eyes softened when he heard my words, and he looked more confused than anything.

"Why would I be mad at you?" He asked, and I felt dumb for even asking him the question to begin with. "You never make me angry." One side of his mouth quirked up into a crooked smile.

"You seem mad... and I just assumed it was with me because of what the Minister just said, but I can tell my parents about us tonight, and I'm sure no one else will give a rat's ass about two teenagers breaking up-"

"Don't tell your mum and dad yet." He cut my guilty tangent off quickly with scared eyes. "We'll figure that part out later. I don't need him coming after me any time soon. Your dad's a bit terrifying." He informed me, and I felt a light laugh leave my lips as I took in his pale appearance. "Honestly, I have enough scary people trying to have me killed, the best Auror our ministry has doesn't need added to my list." He chuckled, and his hand patted my knee. "Don't worry about it. I'm just not pleased with our... company." He glared over his shoulder once again, and low and behold, a familiar white head of hair sat directly behind us between two people he was almost identical to. The scowl on his face as he stared back at Harry practically mimicked the one he was receiving.

Draco glanced over at me for a moment, and used this as his opportunity to send me a wink and an all too known smirk. This wasn't a type of behavior Malfoy had just picked up in a day, he had been on my case since our first train ride on the express when we were 11. Usually, it was just taunting and flirting to rile up Harry and find ways to piss him off. Harry let out a scoff as he noticed, and Ron and Hermione didn't seem too pleased either.

"You know Arthur Weasley, I dare say?" The Minister's introductions pulled us all from our trance while the tension grew. Last time these two had probably interacted was back when the incident at the bookstore happened...

"Good lord, Arthur. What did you have to sell to get seats in the top box? Surely your house wouldn't have fetched this much?" Lucius said softly. My jaw dropped from shock and Arthur's entire head started to turn a bright shade of red, starting at his neck and working it's way up. I had seen the same thing happen to Ron one too many times when he was embarrassed.

"Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. He's here as my guest." Fudge completely ignored Mr. Malfoy's rude remarks, and carried on. "This is Daniel Evans, who I also presume you are well aware of. Best Auror we've got at the Ministry." Fudge boasted, and Lucius eyes my dad up and down. My dad didn't seem too impressed either.