25

"Come on, kids

"Come on, kids. We're playing suck and blow."
—————————

Dobby, who had been working for Dumbledore in the castle— with pay— made an appearance early in the morning and gifted each of us a pair of socks (that he had made himself) in the common room. Hermione gave me a new pair of earrings that I had spotted in Hogsmeade a few weeks ago, and Ron gifted me a new copy of my Christmas cd that he had stored away back at the Burrow.

"Can I please sing Jingle Bells now? I've held it in for 3 months." He pleaded with his hands clasped together.

"No." We all warned him in unison.

Most of the lot was flexing their new sweaters from Molly, except for Harry and I. I had taken— once again— a special liking to his quidditch jumper that fit loosener than my own and smelled like a piece of my home, and he wore a sweatshirt that I would probably steal within a few weeks time...

"Here you are, Ruby Jade." Harry placed a silver box in my lap, and I furrowed my brows at it. "Did Danny-boy and Trish purposely name you after Christmas colors?" He jokingly asked with a serious face and then quickly apologized when I slapped his shoulder aggressively.

I had already gifted him his present— a new jumper so I could keep his old ones that I collected, a polishing set for his broom, and a blush colored bowtie and vest to wear under his dress robes that would match my dress for tonight— and he seemed to have put a lot of thought into this one for me. He was always more of a quality in gift over quantity in gifts kind of guy.

"I thought you could wear it tonight with your dress." He smiled generously, and my heart melted in an instant. I pulled the lid off and revealed a diamond charm shaped like a heart on a gold chain necklace, accompanied by a gold charm shaped like a lightning bolt. My eyes widened and I looked at him to see if this necklace, that probably cost him way too much money, was truly meant for me. "I hope you like it." He gave me a crooked smile that seemed a bit worried. I laid the box down on the couch next to me and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love it, Harry. You didn't need to spend so much money on me." I leaned back for a moment to look at him, and he just stared at me with a subtle curve to his light pink lips. Messy hair, grey jumper, and glasses perched on the bridge of his nose— just the way I loved him.

"I'd sell my left kidney to buy you the best gift in the room. Shut up, idiot." He teased. I held in my grin and laid my chin on his shoulder again.

"Thank you, H." I squeezed him, and he rubbed my back softly in response.

"Merry Christmas, Rubes." He whispered in my ear while he squeezed me back.

~⚡️~

"I think it's hilarious that you won't tell anyone else who your date is— especially Ron. That's what he gets." I snickered as I used my wand to curl Hermione's hair into place. She gave me a devious smirk in the mirror that showed how much she was enjoying this. Despite it all, she claimed numerous times that she felt nothing for Ron and that she didn't want to go with him anyway.