23

"Try me, Evans

"Try me, Evans."
—————————

I had never been so confused over boys. I knew I needed to find a way to escape Cormac. I also knew I needed to finally figure out what I was feeling for Harry... But it was growing more and more obvious what I was feeling when I could hardly breathe around him after what had happened at the Gryffindor party last night.

I thought long and hard about how my brain should have been falling for Cormac by now and Harry should be out of my interest entirely, but I couldn't convince myself of it. Kissing Cormac felt like a regret instead of a joy, and all I could think of was sitting in Harry's lap for much longer than I'd anticipated and hearing his chuckling while we talked for hours.

So now I'm in a bit of a pickle, and there weren't many people I could come up with to talk to about all of this into great detail, except for my personal love doctor himself who had already suggested an intervention...

"Give him the fucking boot." Fred told me bluntly with his hands crossed on the library table while I finished telling him every part of the last few weeks. I let out a sigh of disappointment and bit the inside of my cheek. "No, Ruby. Don't even look conflicted about this. As your older brother, I'm not asking, but telling you to give that prick the big ole goodbye. Adios. Good-riddance. Arrivederci. Sayōnara, sucker." He waved his hand back and forth dramatically to help me get the hint.

"But— he helped keep-"

"No. No 'buts'. Did you even hear any of the words you just told me? So, he starts off like your typical dream guy. He tells you things you want to hear, he feeds off of your attention, he's perfect in every way— just like Angelina said— and then when he gets you hooked, he can start to dig the claws in a little deeper." He told me thoughtfully.

"But he-"

"I'm not finished. This guy has called you names, made fun of you, had you complete his work for him, embarrassed you in front of everyone to make himself feel more empowered, says horrible things about the people you are friends with, took advantage of you in a drunken state— I mean, you nearly punched Malfoy for that once!" He raised one brow and gave me a crazed look that didn't understand what I liked in the guy.

"I just... I wanted to find someone that wasn't Harry because I saw how that ended the first time." I admitted quietly while I picked at my fingernails. "I thought I should move on. He was the first guy I really noticed when we got to school so I rolled with it." I mumbled.

"Well, don't worry about moving on anymore. We're going to get you back together with him." Fred told me confidently. I shot my head up and looked at him with eager eyes. "You just have to wait for his dumbass to catch on to how you two feel as well." He said in a less confident tone.

"But I don't even know how I feel." I told him, and he narrowed his eyes as if to challenge me.

"You like him, Rube. Let yourself admit it. He is flying through your mind like he's on his Firebolt and chasing a golden snitch." He hummed cheery tone. "So, I know that the timing all sucks, and waiting around for him is even harder to do, but if you can just get him to come back around again... y'know... work that charm you have on him... I bet it happens in no time." He nodded like he cracked the case as he leaned back in his chair. "You have him wrapped around your finger. If you just let him see how much you still adore him in that type of way, I think it will work itself out. I nodded to myself while I thought it over, and I slumped my shoulders in defeat.