19

"Forever

"Forever."
—————————

"You're doing it again." I groaned while I covered my eyes with my arm and let my head rest in Ron's lap on the couch of the common room.

"Doing what?" He asked me innocently before he started humming Christmas tunes again.

"Ron. It's September!" I told him harshly as I sat up straight and looked him in the eyes. "If I hear you hum Jingle Bells one more bloody time, your lips are going to-"

"You're the one who left the CD at my house last Christmas and let me keep it over the Summer! It's the only Muggle disc you left me to play with in that booncox-"

"Boombox!" I corrected.

"And it's catchy!" He yelled back at me.

"You two are worse than actual siblings." Hermione rubbed her temples with her fingers while she sat on the chair next to us; her newest textbook sat open in her lap.

"Are not," we both argued with her at the same time before we looked at one another with a wide smile. "Jinx! Double jinx!" Our voices continued echoing one another at the same time.

"Great. Just when I think I've escaped the twins, these two manage to pick up the slack." Ginny groaned as she laid her head back against the backrest of her chair.

"Oh, leave them be. It's far more entertaining than writing another essay for Trelawney." Dean argued as he watched the two of us from the couch opposite of us. Ron and I had returned to our previous position and had gone from shouting in each other's faces to discussing the lesson we had in Defense Against the Dark Arts that afternoon.

"Fred and George were right, weren't they? He really knows his stuff." Ron was amazed as he looked away from my face and stared into the fireplace with a far off look. Merlin, as if his crush on Krum wasn't enough, he had one on Professor Moody, too.

"I'm going to the library. You're all too distracting." Hermione hissed at him as she grabbed her belonging and rushed away from all of us. Ron followed her departure with a look of annoyance before he looked back down at me.

"What's gotten into her lately?" He asked me. I knew perfectly well why the two of them were bickering so much with one another, but I just gave him a smirk with a shrug. "Anyway, when Moody did Avada Kedavra and the spider just died-"

"RON!" I scolded him as I sat up once again and he grew knowingly silent. This time, I wasn't backing down from the argument we were going to have.

All eyes moved over to Harry who hadn't spoken since we had left class and ate dinner. He had obviously grown uncomfortable as he sat on a couch with Dean because of the way he flipped his hair back with his hand and got up from his seat. He headed towards the boy's dorms sluggishly without a word.