15

"No, silly girl

"No, silly girl. Every year it reminds me of when I met you."
—————————

"I don't think I've ever seen the enchanted sky look so stormy." Cormac pointed out as he stared at the ceiling above us. I felt my lips turn to a frown as I noticed it as well.

"Huh. Well, that's a first." I agreed. The doors to the Great Hall had swung open and Professor McGonagall took her sweet time in escorting the first years in. If Ron or Malfoy truly thought they had been soaked by the rain or water balloons, it was nothing compared to the likes of these 11-year-olds.

Instead of sailing across the lake, it had looked like Hagrid had made them hold hands with a Grindylow while it dragged the pour souls through the water and to the castle. They were shivering from the cold, and you could plainly see that the treacherous journey didn't help the nerves they already felt.

A particularly small boy was wrapped in Hagrid's giant moleskin coat, and I recognized him as the little Creevy while he gave a thumbs up to his brother and mouthed the words "I fell into the lake."

"Hey you guys, can I squeeze in?" Harry was practically shoving me to the side and into Ron before I could even tell him 'no', while he jumped in between Cormac and I on the wooden bench.

"Harry, what on Earth are you doing?" I asked him lowly, and Cormac was looking like he wanted the same answer. Ron wasn't too bothered by my close proximity, and he pretty much allowed me to almost sit on his lap while he tried to make room for his best friend.

"It's important. Gotta chat with you." Harry shrugged. I rolled my eyes and I could see his mischievous mind churning as he looked at me.

"We could talk in the common room later. There's hardly any room now." I lectured, and he looked at Cormac quickly.

"Are you comfortable? I'm pretty comfy. I think there's plenty of room." He said in a mocking manner, and I slapped his shoulder. "Ow! Always so abusive." He tutted his tongue and shook his head.

"What do you need?" I asked him through my teeth. Seriously, he tells me all about us talking to new people on the train ride here, and as soon as I find a decent boy to start so much as a conversation with, Harry manages to butt in.

"It's about Padfoot. I forgot to mention it on the Express." He whispered to me, and suddenly my eyes widened and I gave Cormac an apologetic look.

"I'm really sorry Harry interrupted, but maybe you and I could chat at breakfast tomorrow?" I gave him a grin, and his annoyed express turned to a soft smile.

"Deal." He agreed, and I stuck my hand out in front of Harry to shake on it.

"Now, what is it?" I asked Harry softly. He gave a victorious smile and readjusted his hair before he spoke up.