30. Secrets

Theo's POV

I answer the door with 9 faces behind it. "Theo!!!" Some of the guys shout whilst jumping and hugging me.

"You're all already drunk?" I ask whilst laughing.

"Nah we're as sober as a... erm as water!" Danny, Matt's best mate, says looking proud of his excuse. As you can tell, he's identical to Matt. They're definitely not sober.

"Alright alright." I nod my head at them. "Go on, get yourself in there." I point to the door of the back room. They pat my shoulder then walk through.

I turn back to the door and see the girls. "Natasha, Sadie." I pause and look at my two exes. "Georgina and Faye... come through." They smile and walk through. That was awkward. I'm still good friends with all of them but when you know you've had a history with one person in that group it's hard to act like nothing has happened. 

I close the door and follow them to the back room.

Eventually, everyone calms down and some people sit on the sofas including the sofa head whilst others are relaxing on the floor.

"Where are the drinks? I need alcohol." It's only been a minute and they're already demanding drinks. 

"Wait a sec, I'll bring them." I notice Savannah in the corner of the room, she looks so uncomfortable. I can tell she's not used to this. "Savannah you come with me to the kitchen." She looks at me like she doesn't know what to do then shakes her head and gets up. I let her walk in front of me to the kitchen.

She's wearing the most basic clothes, leggings and a vest. All of these other girls are dressed up in short dresses and full face makeup but by a mile, Savannah is the best looking there. I can't stop looking at her, can't stop thinking about her.

"Will you help me take the drinks?" I ask Savannah as we've reached the kitchen.

"Yeah, that's fine." She touches a bottle to pick it up but I stop her with my hand.

"Not yet." I turn her around so her back is to the counter and she's facing me. I move her hair behind her ear.

"Oh it's annoying me, I'll tie it up." With both hands, she lifts up her hair.

"Let me." She stops with what she was doing and passes me her hair tie. I lift up her hair, making sure not to pull too hard, then tie it all together.

I look down at her and see her staring intensely into me like she's lost, this time it's me who is feeling intimidated.

I swallow hard. "Savannah."

Still focused on me she pauses for a second. "Theo, why aren't you always like this?" I know exactly what she means.

I look away and rub the back of my neck. "I'm sorry I've just been busy."

"It doesn't take a whole day to talk to me, you only need to give up 5 or 10 minutes. And look you're going to a party. But how when you're busy?" She has me cornered on this one.

I look up at her and hold her upper arms. "I promise I'll make it up to you as soon as this work is done."

Savannah holds out her pinky finger at me. She's too cute when she does that. I smile and wrap mine around hers, which makes her smile too.

I hold her head and kiss her lightly once, then again and the next time I hold the kiss for longer. Then I notice my phone flash on the counter so I stop kissing her.

Matt:
I can hear you. Can I come and watch?

Savannah reads it too and instantly lowers her head whilst it progressively turns red.