44. Exposed Secrets

Theo's POV

Adam exits the house leaving me and Savannah alone. I know he did it deliberately, he has got no 'work' to do. That's what I like about Adam, even though he caused such a massive problem for me, he learnt from it. If he didn't then he'd still be trying to kill me right now. I think because he knows that Carlo has been dealt with so he's not as worried for Savannah and I to be in a relationship. However, I still need to speak to him about it.

I turn to her and catch her staring making her quickly shake her head and look away. "Can I ask you something?"

She looks back at me. "Yeah sure."

"It's not a comfortable question, I just don't want you to keep this from me if it really happened."

She looks off to the side for a moment then turns back to me. "It's fine Theo, you can ask me." At least she thought about it.

"You know Carlo?"

"Yeah." Her big eyes stare into me, she knows I'm stalling.

"If he touched you then you can tell me."

"Yeah I know, I said that he hurt my wrists." Savannah unintentionally begins to feel her wrists making me look down at them. She's too delicate, it fucking kills me that he hurt her.

"He didn't do anything else to you?"

"Nope, not really."

"I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say."

"Just tell me straight up Theo."

"Did he... Did he-" I look away from her. Fuck, why is this so hard? "As in did Carlo-"I clench my jaw as I grit the words out of my teeth. "Rape you."

I quickly look at her trying to read anything that she'll show on her face. However, I get nothing. Since when was she so hard to read? "Nope."

I'm not convinced one bit. "Are you sure?"

"Well, yeah."

"I just need to be sure..."

"Don't worry Theo, the most he did to me was grab my wrists."

I don't know whether I should believe her or not. Carlo doesn't just leave a girl like that, especially not one who is involved with me. He stayed with her for a full night and he fed into my mind that he raped her.

"What about when you both were sleeping together, did he do anything then?"

Savannah shuts her eyes for a long moment due to frustration. "Nothing. At. All. Theo trust me, I'd have told you or someone by now if it did happen."

Why didn't Carlo do anything to her? What makes Savannah so different from all the other girls? It must be because she's Adam's sister. He always manages to have a soft spot for Adam no matter how many times he betrays him.

Seen as though she answered my question I think she at least deserves answers for everything she's been through.

I take two large gulps of the alcohol then close the lid. "Listen, I'm going to take a quick shower to clean up this blood. Then I will tell you everything."

Her face lightens up. "Okay, that's fine."

"You can wait in my room if you want, we'll talk there."

She stands up. "Okay." She begins to walk up the stairs with me following behind.

After my shower, I sit at the head of the bed and she is on the end. "I'll start from the beginning." Savannah nods her head in response. I've only said this story once and that was to Adam. "When I was around 11 years old my dad left me, my little sister, Emilia, and Carlo with my mum. He'd send us money through the post and that's how we got our income. Carlo is a year younger than me and Emilia is five years younger than me, I'm the oldest in the family. Carlo and I were complete opposites from when we were young and because of that I sort of cut him out of my life, the only people that I focused on was Emilia and my mum. Emilia was like a mini-me so I kept her close."