Chapter 6 Going up the mountain

After being raised for about a month, Zhou Jing's body has finally recovered to the state of his previous life. Although it is not comparable to the peak of his previous life, he is still a little strong on the outside, but it can be used in a so-so manner.

In recent days, Shen Mo and Shen Lin went to the mountains to dig vegetables, and they ate whatever was in the mountains. If you are lucky, you will dig a lot, and you will barely be able to eat. If you are unlucky, you will not be starved to death.

It's been a month since I came here. Except for eating, sleeping, sleeping, and eating, Zhou Jing has not done any work, but the man is getting thinner and thinner. This is not always the way to go.

Zhou Jing had eaten rice soup, which was considered breakfast, and glanced at the rice bag, only the last handful of brown rice grains remained.

Zhou Jing just thought it was unimaginable that he had eaten more than three catties of brown rice in exchange for the half chicken for nearly a month. Under normal circumstances, a family of three eats three meals of rice a day and eats nearly a pound in two days. And now, the amount he ate for six days in the previous life was actually eaten by his family for a month, so one can imagine how the family lived this month.

Fortunately, this season is in the middle of May, and everything on the mountain can be eaten. If you pass through it in winter, you will have to starve to death if you don't freeze to death.

The Zhou family was poor, a lonely little thatched cottage, with no walls for the stove and the sleeping room.

The yard is at most ten square meters, and I don't know if there are no farm tools at home, so I can't see anything in the yard, which is clean and tidy, and it looks a bit empty.

"Although our yard is small, we can also grow a la carte vegetables, and we have to buy some vegetables to save them." Zhou Jing and Shen Mo said. Zhou Jing is not good at this. He can't say that the grains are indistinguishable, but he was born in the city and has never planted any land. Most of the seeds are unknown, but some mature crops can be distinguished.

Shen Mo occasionally does some needlework to supplement the household these days, but every farmer's family who can't do needlework, even a man can sew two stitches. Therefore, there are not many jobs received. Only those who have come out to have a single, the youngest daughter-in-law is a month old, and will give birth at any time, and those who are not yet able to live can receive such a family. In good times, you can earn ten coins a month, and in bad times, you can't earn even one.

Shen Mo sewed the last stitch on the clothes he received and said, "I was planning to do this, but our family has five copper plates, which is not enough to buy seeds."

"Actually, many farmers have seeds from the previous year . What is left, the missing items can be exchanged with each other or the key points are enough, but our family can't get it."

One is that the Zhou family is poor, and other people's families do not want to be attached to his family, because they are afraid that they will not be able to get rid of them. Fall, often hit the autumn wind. The second is because of Zhou Jing. In the past, Zhou Jing was illiterate, idle, and short-tempered. His uncles and aunts in the same village did not speak when they met. Talking is arguing. It must not have been the aunt who looked at him too much and despised him, or the aunt who said that his surname was not Wang and Zhou, and scolded him as a wild child who was not wanted by his father and mother.

The typical inferiority complex caused the nervousness, and felt that people all over the world did nothing every day, just staring at him and paying attention.

These things don't need to be said by Shen Moming, Zhou Jing already knows them. If nothing else, I have been walking back and forth in the village to exercise in the past few days, and occasionally I have a few words with a few old women. Those old women are either flattered, or they think that Zhou Jing must be a monster if something goes wrong. far away. In short, there is no one with a normal attitude, and he roughly guessed it.

Zhou Jingjing nodded, "It's okay, I'll go up the mountain with you in a while to see if we can catch something on the mountain and exchange some vegetable seeds and grains with the villagers."

"You want to go up the mountain?" Shen Lin glared at Zhou Jing and said, "You Except that time when I had to go up the mountain to hunt wild boar for that gluttonous old woman, didn't I refuse to enter the mountain? Every time I asked you to go, I said that we were uneasy and kind, and wanted to let the things on the mountain kill you!"

What kind of guts is the original owner! I was really afraid of what to do. I always thought that if I went up the mountain, I would be harmed by the things on the mountain. Sure enough, I went there for the first time in my life and died there.

Zhou Jingdao: "The prodigal son does not change the money, what do you do in advance? I will go to the mountain with your brother in a while, do you know that you are guarding at home?"

Shen Lin pouted: "What is there to be remembered about your broken family? You need someone to guard it."

"A broken house is worth ten thousand dollars, what do you know!"

"Wan Guan, a broken thatched cottage, at most two hundred pennies."

"Little brother, be obedient, just stay at home and watch the house!" Shen Mo finally The final decision.

Shen Lin muttered unconvincingly: "Big brother, he is revenge on me, because I exposed him as timid as a mouse. Besides, you used to take me with you wherever you went, but since this guy was injured, you have changed, listen to him everything. That's it."

Shen Lin's childish words made Shen Mo's face flush.

"I... I'll give the clothes back." Shen Mo hurriedly ran away.

Zhou Jing looked at Shen Mo's back with a wretched smile, and didn't withdraw his eyes until the person ran away.

"By the way, where's your brother's hunting tools? Find them and check them out."

Shen Lin looked at Zhou Jing suspiciously, and felt that his question was strange, "What hunting tools? We are not specialized hunters, how could there be such a thing? What?"

"Then what do you usually bring when you go into the mountains?" Zhou Jing was stunned by the question.

"Knife!" Shen Lin answered rightly, "A sickle, a long knife for digging vegetables."

No wonder he returned empty-handed nine times out of ten.

Without saying a word, Zhou Jing went out to find wood and something for making strings. He doesn't pay attention to materials either, just find something to make and use it first. It is reasonable to make strings, and beef tendons are the best, but at this time, cattle cannot be slaughtered at will. Where can you get beef tendons? There are big families, but they are very expensive, and they have no money.

Zhou Jing found a vine. He didn't know what kind of vine it was, but the tendons were good enough to make bows and arrows. Dozens of arrows and two bamboo poles with sharpened ends were sharpened.

It was noon when everything was ready, and the two Shen brothers were waiting for him to eat.

Hearing the sound of the grass door, Shen Mo hurried out and saw Zhou Jing seemed relieved.

"You're back, let's eat quickly, the food is ready for a long time."

Shen Lin shouted after Shen Mo: "Where did you go, don't say a word, if you don't come back, eldest brother will go out to find you in a hurry. It 's over."

Zhou Jing forgot the time when making bows and arrows, and didn't think that the morning passed so quickly. At this time, there was no mobile phone or anything, it was really inconvenient to find someone, but he didn't expect that, making Shen Mo anxious for nothing.

"Sorry, I forgot to mention it, I will tell you next time I go out." Zhou Jing took out the bow and arrow from his body and handed it to Shen Mo. "I'm going out to make these things. Otherwise, I wouldn't dare to catch pheasants or something like that when I went up the mountain in the afternoon.

" But it is very rare to hold it in Shen Mo's hands. This kind of thing is usually only found in the homes of old hunters, and their farmers are just hoes and sticks.

Shen Lin took a look, and it was very rare.

He stared brightly at the bow and arrow. "How could you do this?"

Zhou Jing was inexperienced in the past, so naturally he couldn't do it. Zhou Jing didn't know how to answer, but Shen Mo said: "Zhou Jing has never done it before, how do you know he can't do it? Hurry up to eat, we have to go up the mountain after dinner!"

Shen Lin also said What, Shen Mo stuffed the bow and arrow into his arms and forgot all about it, watching with joy that this thing was very rare. But I didn't forget to eat.

The two went up the mountain after eating. They were not full, and they didn't have to worry about strenuous activity and knots in their intestines. On the contrary, when I just finished eating and I didn't digest it, I still had enough energy.

With the intention of hunting wild animals, the two went up the mountain all the way, and walked deeper than the villagers. After a while, Shen Mo would not agree to continue walking.

"If you go deeper, you may encounter wild boars and insects. If it's too dangerous, don't leave.

" But Zhou Jing and Shen Mo would definitely not be able to deal with large prey such as wild boars.

"Also, no one in the village has ever been in such a deep place, so they can dig up a lot of things." There are mushrooms and fungus under the roots of a few trees, which are delicious for cooking.

The two squatted on the ground and dug for a long time, but the basket behind Zhou Jing was not even full. Zhou Jing is not only a little discouraged, if he is relying on the mountains to eat mountains, when will his little husband be able to eat his stomach.

He squatted here and could clearly see the thin back of the little husband. He squatted and curled up on the ground.

Zhou Jing's heart suddenly seemed to be hurt by the sight in front of him.

"Xiao Mo, do you know where my accident is? I want to go and have a look." Zhou Jing remembered that when he went to a meeting abroad, he brought a large watch of several hundred thousand in his hand. That thing is mechanical, and it's on the move. If he can find it, no matter if it is bad or not, it will probably sell for a high price. At least he and his little husband can't eat without a full meal every day.

Shen Mo's digging hand suddenly stopped, and he asked nervously, "You... why are you asking this?"

Zhou Jing was guilty of being a thief, but he didn't realize that Shen Mo was wrong.

"I just went to have a look, although I don't remember much, but I always feel that I really found something before the accident." Zhou Jing said nonsense: "Maybe I didn't hunt wild boar for me, but I found ginseng or Ganoderma lucidum, then we will I can have enough to eat."

Shen Mo said nothing, and stopped digging vegetables.

Zhou Jing finally reacted to Shen Mo's abnormality with hindsight, and wondered: "What's the matter? Are you worried that you will encounter something next time? Don't worry, it shouldn't be. Let's be careful this time, and there should be no accidents. "

Shen Mo said dully: "Isn't it okay not to go? Isn't that bad?"

Zhou Jing was stunned for a while, can't you get enough to eat? Not good!

"Xiao Mo, is there a special reason why you don't want to go? I always feel like I have something very important somewhere, and I want to go and see it. Our family is like this, if we can really find something , you'll be full."

Shen Mo said after a while, "Let's go, I'll take you there."