Chapter 68 The county magistrate "invites"

The thread used by embroidery girls to sew purses is not ordinary embroidery thread, but a thread that is naturally twisted with deer tail fluff for wedging, or sewn with gold thread and silver thread. Gold wire and silver wire are not worth talking about, just listen to know that they are expensive. But the deer tail is equally rare, especially when it needs to be twisted into a thread. It was Jiang Shi, a Suzhou embroidery mother who was accustomed to the clothes of nobles, who was startled by the Zhou family's generosity, not to mention other embroiderers. At first, I didn't dare to take the line. When I used it, I had to look at the host again and again to make a summary, for fear that the host would blame them for the waste and ask them to pay. It's better to get used to it later.

With just two small purses, the embroidery ladies have been embroidering for a full month. This is still under the condition that the embroidery girls are good at craftsmanship. It can be seen that feather embroidery requires a lot of skills and time.

The embroidered ladies took the embroidered purses and showed them to the host in turn. Today is the big day for the first acceptance of the results. Zhou Jing, Shenmo, Fan Xin and others have arrived.

As usual, the top three were selected and rewarded, Jiang was the first, and the second and third were two other women in their thirties.

Jiang's embroidered a total of two purses, one with a pair of mandarin ducks, and one with a peacock opening. These are not simple embroidery patterns. These two styles are good-looking, especially embroidered on cloud brocade and woven with feathers. They are really lifelike and vivid, like catching two mandarin ducks and sealing a peacock into a purse.

Shen Mo, a layman, turned it over and over in his hand and thought it was very beautiful.

Zhou Jing asked softly behind him: "Like it? If you like it, let's buy it."

Shen Mo shook his head repeatedly, "This kind of thing just looks beautiful, I can't want it, let's sell it for money, it should be able to sell a lot of money. !"

Zhou Jing laughed softly, and Shen Mo was a little embarrassed when he realized how much money he had said.

The remedy seems to be: "The main thing is that I can do it, I can embroider by myself."

"Then please embroider one for the husband when he does it."

"Ah?" Zhou Jing has always only used a large purse, fearing that most of it would be lost in his arms or sleeves, and he has never used a smaller one. purse. It was only then that Shen Mo suddenly remembered that as a husband, he had never made a purse for his husband, which was simply too unqualified. "I'll embroider your purse tomorrow."

"The husband will wait." Zhou Jing was in a good mood, and the little husband took the initiative to give him a gift, which was really nice. Completely forgot that he asked for it.

Zhou Dong's family in a good mood waved their hands, "Everyone's embroidery is good, I know you have worked hard, each person will be given 2 taels in advance, and you can ask your family to come and collect them on the day of the holiday. Of course, the top three will be rewarded separately. , the first place will be rewarded with one tael of silver, two feet of cotton cloth, and the color can be chosen at will, two catties of red taro noodles, two catties of brown rice, and two catties of pork. The second place will be rewarded with five hundred copper coins, one catty of red taro noodles and one catty of brown rice. Jin and pork. The third place will be rewarded with one hundred copper coins, one catty of red taro noodles, one catty of brown rice, and one catty of pork."

In fact, Zhou Jing's words sounded like everyone was rewarded, but in fact only the top three were rewarded. Fame is the real benefit. But for these embroidered women, the regular money that they said was paid out for half a year is now given in advance. Although it is a drop in the bucket compared to the real regular money, in the end they have seen the money. Suspended hearts are sunk.

Twenty taels of silver and fifty taels of regular money cannot be compared, but they are quite a lot. As far as the people in the town are concerned, the head of the family can earn this amount every month and is a capable man, and now they are called a woman to earn that waist, not to mention how straight they are.

In particular, some of the embroidered mother's family did not agree to come to Zhou's family to work, and felt that giving fifty taels of money for half a year was such a great job, a job that men could not grab by digging doors and robbing holes and breaking their heads. How could it be possible to ask a woman to make money? They all said that the Zhou family must be a liar, or that the embroidered mothers came up with their own ideas. There are also such concerns, many embroidered mothers with good skills were persuaded by their families to not dare to come. Now that those embroidered maidens got the money, they only felt that their necks were about to fall off, so they asked the man-in-laws at home to take a good look at what a correct decision they insisted on coming. It also let them know how lucky it is to be able to marry a woman who can make money like them, and they are not allowed to spar with them on the basis of their mother-in-law status in the future.

Embroidery girls just think about it and suddenly feel confident, but in their hearts, they must work hard and try to rank in the top three next time. They can't compare to that Suzhou embroidery maid Jiang, and they can't compare to the other two embroidery maids. .

And this is exactly what Zhou Jing wanted.

On the day of Xiu Mu, the men and children of Xiu Niang's family stayed outside Zhou's house early, and when the hour came, the bee chrysalis entered. When they heard that the Zhou family was willing to advance two taels of silver in advance because of their good work, the faces of the men were like chrysanthemums.

A mother-in-law who disagreed with her son-in-law and daughter-in-law said, "Fortunately, I insisted on coming, otherwise you might have missed such a good opportunity." into the hands of the man.

The man really did not expect that his mother-in-law would earn the wages that he had worked so hard for for two months in just one month. He was full of emotion for a while, but at the same time, it was undeniable that his understanding of his mother-in-law was no longer the same as it used to be. I only know the impression of doing laundry, cooking, and having children. At this moment, she was regarded as an equally important role.

The man apologized again and again: "You're right. Fortunately, you insisted on coming this time. You can rest assured. In the future, I will never dare to be the master of our family's affairs. I will definitely discuss it with you."

Xiu Niang said: "Then your mother..."

The man patted his chest and promised, "Don't worry, I'll show her when I go back. You earn so much money, I promise that you won't dare to find fault with you again when you go back, and I'll give you meat to eat."

Xiu Niang nodded with satisfaction, "Speaking of meat , let me tell you, the Zhou family's food is really not dare to eat like this in the landlord's house. Three meals a day, two meals are not to mention, and the evening meal is because there is no need to work, although it is given to eat gruel, but still I prepared cornmeal steamed buns. In addition, every meal of three dishes and one soup must have a meat dish. That meat does not mean a few slices, but a large plate, which is more than all the meat dishes in our family for the Chinese New Year combined. Vegetarian dishes There is no meat, but it is full of oil and water, and it is equally delicious. You can eat it as much as you want, and you can eat it as you like." Xiu Niang seemed to tut her mouth after the aftertaste, and the men in the family were drooling.

This is what his mother-in-law told him, Thaksin. For outsiders, he must think that this cowhide is really blowing the sky.

"This week's family is really generous, you've come right."

"No, sometimes I feel that I am not here to work but to enjoy happiness. You said that at home, I also sew and mend every month. Some embroidery work is used to supplement the household, so there can be a few copper plates, and now it is obviously doing the same work, but it is delicious and spicy, and the bedroom is even warmer and more comfortable than our home." Xiu Niang said: "You Let's see if I've gained weight recently." The

man was worried about his wife's being deceived at first, so he was worried at first, and didn't pay much attention at all, but now he took a closer look at his mother-in-law, her face was ruddy, and her figure was one size bigger. The man

hehe said sillyly: "It's good to be round, I like plump."

Xiu Niang lightly beat the family man's chest twice, and said angrily: "I hate it."

Forgot who was around and hugged.

The man said: "I and the children miss you."

Xiu Niang's eyes were sore, "It only took half a year to pass. Thinking about the money, we will have a better life with it. Don't worry, I will try to get the top three next month, then I will be able to. Reward some more money, with this money, our son can also study."

For a while, the man and Xiu Niang were intoxicated by the bright future they outlined, and they remained silent for a long time.

Jiang's should have received three taels of silver, but because of the deduction of one tael in advance, he only had two taels of silver left. He took the silver and the meat and rice noodles to find Jiang Wei.

"You and Zhou Fulang will take a few hours off, and send the money and food back to your parents, and tell them not to treat themselves too harshly at home, and only drink rice soup. If you are weak, you still need to eat some oil and water."

Jiang Wei was hired by the Zhou family to do long-term labor for twenty wen a day. It was a good job, but the two taels of silver and those food ratios were not enough when he made a move with the Jiang family. read. In his heart, the love for Jiang's family was slowly hidden by him because of his legs and Jiang's increasing ability, especially after he came to Zhou's house and saw that Xiu Niang was valued by the master's family. , eating, drinking, and treatment, and even felt that he was not worthy of Jiang's, thinking that it was right that Jiang's looked down on him in the past, and he was not as capable as her.

Jiang Wei lowered his head and pushed the silver back, "I have wages, I will take it back to my parents later, more than 600 yuan plus the ones you gave before are enough for them. You earned this money yourself. , you take care of it yourself. In the future, you will keep it as a dowry in the future. Even if you marry someone with such a large sum of money, you will not dare to underestimate you."

Jiang shi stared deeply at Jiang Wei, although Jiang Wei's face was gloomy, But you can see that he is sincere.

Jiang Shi suddenly said: "Then I will pay you back. When you bought me for twenty taels of silver, you planned to let me be your mother-in-law. Now you don't need me to be your mother-in-law, and I will pay you back for buying me. That's how it should always be."

Jiang Wei wanted to say no, but when he thought of saying that, it would be bad if Jiang's misunderstood that he deliberately used the money to pinch her, so Xu Shi silently accepted it.

Jiang said: "You leave your share of the money and food for your parents, and the remaining two taels are used to repay the money you borrowed from others. Although there are still dozens of taels, you can pay back the first two taels. Two is two taels, and it would be better to have less interest next month."

"I know, I will send it to others." Jiang Wei felt a little warm in his heart, even though Jiang's relationship with him had nothing to do with him, he was right. Man, Mrs Jiang is a good woman, but he doesn't have that kind of blessing.

When Jiang Wei came to the door, he was startled by the family. He had a dark face when he heard that Jiang Wei was here to pay back the money, and he was overjoyed. But at the same time, it was even more strange how Jiang Wei could come up with so much money all at once. Jiang Wei kept his mind and didn't say anything about Jiang's going to Zhou's family to be an embroiderer, but said that he had found the master's house and borrowed it from the master's house.

It turned out to be borrowed, and the warm words of that family became cold again. Borrowed, that is to say that he is tearing down the east wall to make up the west wall, and making up for it, the money is not his own.

Jiang Wei didn't care either, and hurriedly returned to Zhou's house to get food and deliver it to his own home. He planned to go back as soon as possible, because he was afraid that he would not be there when the master used him.

When Jiang's father and mother saw Jiang Wei came back with so many things on his back, he was not happy at first, but blamed.

Jiang's father said: "You child, how come you can't live just after you find a job, what are you doing buying so many good things? There are so many debts outside our family that have not been repaid, how can you eat and drink so much. Look at others. No one in debt would dare to buy

it like this." Although Jiang's mother was dissatisfied with Jiang's father's reproachful tone, she felt that Jiang's father was right, "Son, I know that you are distressed for your father and mother, we two old people know that, It's just that our family doesn't allow it these days. You can see if you can return it. If you can, you can exchange it for money, and your parents will earn it for you, and then you can pay it back to others. "

Jiang Wei felt sorry for his parents, and suddenly felt unfilial that he could eat meat and eat enough at Zhou's house every day, but his parents had to starve every day. I hated myself a little bit in my heart, if it wasn't for his incompetence, why bother his parents so much, and in the end he would have to have a woman pay the debt for him.

But Jiang Wei could only pretend to be happy, "Mom and dad, let me tell you the good news, this food was not bought by my son, but by Xiaomei's embroidery skills, which was rewarded by the host family."

"What? The host family rewarded you ." Yes, you will be rewarded for doing a good job. How can there be such a master in this world? Will my son be the master of the master..."

"Father!" Jiang Wei shouted flatly: "Me and Xiaomei are the masters. It's not that kind of people, and it's the master husband and a woman who are in charge of Xiu Niang. Xiaomei usually doesn't even see Master Zhou's face. A man like Master Zhou, I don't know how many young ladies and women have been fascinated by Xiaomei. She is beautiful, but she can't compare with those young ladies. However, Master Zhou sees that the young ladies who are rich in family are not interested, how can he look at Xiaomei. In the eyes of Master Zhou, I feel that I can only let him go The husband has one, and if there is anything left to put in, their son counts as one, and then it is all silver. It is estimated that apart from his husband, what Master Zhou thinks about the most every day is silver.

" His own villain's heart was embarrassed, "It's my father who wants to be left."

"I don't blame my father, after all, in this world, there are such conscientious masters as Zhou and Zhou Fulang. It is luck that we can meet, and we can't do it again in the future. I'm talking bad about Master Zhou and Fulang Zhou."

Jiang's father hurriedly said: "I dare not, Master Zhou, Fulang Zhou is the savior of our family. In the future, I will definitely pray for Master Zhou and Fulang Zhou on the 15th day of the new year. You can't be that ungrateful person."

"Father, let's not talk about that. I haven't finished talking to you, Xiaomei not only gets these food rewards, but also an extra one or two silver rewards. I will give all that money to the Wang family. Go, pay some more first." Jiang Wei said happily: "Actually, it was originally three taels in total. Last time I advanced one or two taels, and this became two taels."

Unexpectedly, Jiang's father and mother did not show the joy that Jiang Wei imagined, but Jiang's mother carefully observed his expression.

After a long while, he tentatively said: "Son, Xiaomei, she was not willing to be with you... Now that she can make so much money and has such great ability, I am afraid she is even more unwilling to live with you."

Jiang Wei's face darkened, and then he forced a smile. Said: "Mother, I want to let go, and I want to go through all these things to tell me that Xiaomei and I have nothing to do with each other. Forcing will only bring bad luck to myself, so I decided to let Xiaomei go and let me go. I I agreed with Xiaomei that she spent 20 taels of silver to buy her, she only needs to return the 20 taels to our family, and all the extra money after that is her own. She holds it as a dowry. I will give her a divorce letter when she is happy, and marry her as a sister, and our family will be her natal family."

Jiang's parents and Jiang's mother did not feel happy about Jiang Wei's openness . After a few months, the family has not been like this, and the son's legs are not lame. It is impossible to say that Jiang's parents and Jiang's mother would be happy to buy and hang firecrackers and put them on a set. But now Jiang Wei has nothing left, one is poor and two white, and in the future, the mother-in-law will be a problem. What's the use of looking at it, but it's just a matter of fulfilling Xiaomei.

But it was better than Jiang Wei couldn't think about it, forced Xiaomei, and the two of them would be tortured again in the future.

Jiang's father said: "Son, if you want to open it, just treat it as a catastrophe in your life, not her or someone else, let's live well in the future, work hard to make money, and when we buy the house back, we can always find a willing The person who lives with you well."

"I remember it, Dad." However, Jiang Wei was thinking, in this life, apart from Xiaomei, no one will make him so fascinated again, this paragraph has no results. His marriage may never be forgotten in his lifetime, but it will not be the reason for his fall.

"Dad, you and your mother take the rest of the money, don't treat yourself harshly, Xiaomei and I have wages now, and we can pay off the debts of the family, but if you both fall ill because of poor food, then the money will be paid for. But it will never go up. So don't think it's a waste of money when you eat it, it's actually saving money for your son."

Jiang's mother secretly wiped away tears, how could she not know her son's filial piety, the son always thought it was his Selfishness implicated their old couple.

Jiang's father comforted: "Don't worry, we won't fall ill. We don't dare to eat and drink when we have money, but we will definitely be full."

Jiang Wei knew that it was impossible to persuade his parents to eat and drink. Agreed, but won't do it in turn. I thought in my heart that the next time he came back to buy meat, they would have to eat it. While thinking about it, I hurried back to Zhou's house.

Jiang Wei came in through the back door, and the entire Zhou family was filled with joy. All the embroiderers didn't bury their heads in rushing to work. After sending off their relatives, they all gathered in the hall with dumplings in their hands.

Mrs Jiang said with a smile: "Zhou Fulang thought we had worked hard for a month, and everyone did well, so he rewarded us for eating dumplings in the evening. There are so many of us that the two old ladies of the Zhou family couldn't make them, so we made them together.

" Rob said: "Zhou Fulang is careful, afraid that some of us don't like meat, so he made two kinds of dumplings, one is pure pork dumplings, and the other is egg and leek. In fact, who doesn't like meat, we all year round except in Zhou Outside the house, I can eat meat a few times. But I still have to thank Zhou Fulang, which shows that he is thinking of us, and it is a blessing to meet such a master family."

"No." Another Xiu Niang also said. : "Let's say Xiaomei, she won the first place, the reward is too generous, how can other masters be so generous. By the way, we all only know that you and Xiaomei belong to the same family, but we don't know that she is your mother-in-law. Or sister?"

Jiang Wei immediately cleared the relationship and said: "It's my sister, it's my sister."

"Oh, so it is." The Xiu Niang said again: "Have you ever told others?"

Jiang Wei was stunned, the dullness in his heart was like a mountain, he looked at Jiang, and Jiang was also looking at him. He knew that he couldn't hurt her. He was already like this, so he could only set her free.

"Not yet..."

"If not, my sister's family has a son who is the accountant's monthly order of 2 taels per month. It matches your sister." Xiu Niang and Jiang Wei's voice fell at the same time.

Jiang Wei's voice was a little low, except for Jiang Shi who saw his mouth shape, no one else noticed when they were making dumplings.

Jiang shi spoke at this time, and joked: "Sister Xu, you pry him from the corner in front of my boss, and you are not afraid to hit you!"

"Ah, what?" Sister Xu was stunned, "He didn't say Are you his sister?"

Jiang said: "He is not serious. He always likes to tell others that I am his sister. He has said it a few times, and he is not allowed to say it. Saying that, I'm so ashamed."

However, the embroidered girls who were sitting around laughed, they were all young, and they came here from the time they first got married, and they all understood the love between young couples.

Jiang Wei's heart suddenly warmed up, and he was turned over and over again by Jiang's words like ants on a hot pot. It was not until the dumplings were cooked that he found a chance to ask Jiang's meaning.

Jiang's face blushes at Jiang Wei for the first time, "It's nothing interesting, I just want to be your mother-in-law, why, don't you?"

"Yes, yes, of course." If you are willing, you don't know what your surname is. Jiang Weile can't wait to climb. Going to the roof and shouting, Jiang was finally willing to be his mother-in-law. At the same time, his heart is also more determined, he must work hard for the Zhou family, only by being appreciated can he be more and more worthy of Xiaomei.

The Zhou family had eaten dumplings made by embroidered women, and the three of them sat in the hall. Shen Mo sat under the oil lamp with a purse to sew, while Zhou Jing pointed Zhou Yu to read the ledger.

If Mr. Gu knew that his most proud student, he would not read his rhetoric when he came home, but followed a businessman full of copper smell to read the ledger full of copper smell, it is estimated that he would jump up in anger, Zhou Yu took back his family and did not allow Zhou Jing to approach.

Zhou Jing now only shows Zhou Yu the ledger of the sausage shop sent by Wang Ren. As for Bu Zhuang, he did not show it to him. After all, the profit is huge, and it is not suitable for an eight-year-old child to know about it so early.

But even the account book sent by Wang Ren, the money is also very huge for ordinary people, and the monthly gross profit is more than 1,000 taels is not a problem. Wang Ren is indeed very capable. Not to mention that he opened another sausage shop in the town, there are a lot of orders for sausage duck goods in several nearby towns.

Zhou Yu's mind is very easy to use, and his abacus is so shattered that he can hardly make mistakes. Zhou Jing sighed that he is really a business genius. It is a pity to follow the imperial examinations of Mr. Gu, and he should learn to make money with him. It's a pity, unfortunately, the imperial examinations in the dynasty were more valuable than the status of businessmen, and this Xiaoyu himself was more interested in the imperial examinations than making money. If he was later, he would be another business tycoon.

Zhou Jing shook his head in his heart and before he could sigh, Jiang Wei rushed in in a panic, almost losing a shoe.

"What are you panicking about, the sky is falling?"

Jiang Wei said in a panic: "Master, not to mention that the sky is falling, but the sky is at the door." "

What's going on, tell me carefully."

Someone came to our mansion and asked you to come to the yamen."

"Go to the yamen?" Zhou Jing was equally surprised, he didn't remember what he had done, and no one had been in the shop recently. Why did the county magistrate ask him to come over to the mansion for a chat, obviously there was no meeting before.

"Master, I gave the yamen several hundred coins. I just found out that this incident is not a bad thing for the master, but I'm afraid it is not a good thing. What should I do?"

"Brother Jing, the county magistrate suddenly wants to see you, will you? Don't I want to trouble you?" Shen Mo stopped the needle and thread in his hand and looked at Zhou Jing worriedly from behind the oil lamp. Zhou Yu also stopped his abacus, the little lord seemed to be thinking a little.

"It should be fine after I think about it." Zhou Jing reassured: "If he was looking for trouble for me or I did something wrong, the yamen should have broken in and taken me away. Now that the yamen dared to collect money, he also said that he would treat me both. It's neither a bad thing nor a good thing, it shouldn't be a big deal if you think about it, it can be settled with money."

Zhou Jing gave Jiang Wei a lot of money for the yamen, so he didn't have to worry about going down, and then he didn't carry Zhou Yu behind his back, He said to Shen Mo, "Xiao Mo, bring me one thousand taels of silver, and a few more two hundred taels. I'll take it with me and I'll definitely be able to use it."

"Okay, I'll go get it now."

The money of the Zhou family is kept by Shen Mo. Although Shen Mo's knowledge comes from Zhou Jing, Shen Mo knows very well when he does the accounting. He clearly records the expenses of each money and the family's expenses. on the ledger. The account book and the money box are put together, and there is a dark compartment in the wardrobe, where they are usually hidden, and the money box outside has only a small amount of silver.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine." Zhou Jing comforted Shen Mo and Zhou Yu with a few words, then got up and hurried to the county office.