Chapter 24

The Zhou family's house was finally built after a month and a half. The beautiful five-bedroom blue-brick and large-scale tile-roofed houses have a brand-new style, which is different from those built by all the houses in the village. On the eaves of the corridor, there are large families carving fences and painting buildings, as small as the carvings on the panes, and as large as the ancient animal wedge rings on the lacquered red gate, all of them are carved lifelike and superb. The whole house was surrounded by a high wall, which easily blocked the sight of peeping outside, and the wall was full of barbed iron nails.

The furniture at home is also the latest style created in the town. It is not the style of later generations, not because Zhou Jing can't draw, but because he feels that the antique furniture at this time has more charm, and it is not necessarily worse than later generations.

And for Shen Mo, who was born at this time, he prefers things from this era. The styles of later generations are too novel, and in the eyes of traditional ideological Shen Mo, they will find it nondescript.

It is reasonable to say that when the new house is completed, the villagers will be invited to eat a warm pot meal, but Zhou Jing has nothing left after the house is built, and he still has to keep a small business. He told the workers that the tenth day of the next month It's a good day, you can treat guests, and if you want to have a family, you will set a banquet on that day. Neither the masters in the town nor the men in the village have any opinions, especially the men in the village who have been with Zhou Jing for more than a month have not only changed their views on Zhou Jing, but also called him brothers and sisters.

There are five new houses in the Zhou family, including a kitchen, a part-time dining room, a bathroom and two bedrooms, and a special living room for meeting guests.

Now the three of them are sitting in the living room. Shen Mo and Shen Lin have been watching everything for a few days. It is extremely rare to see this newly built blue brick building.

"Brother Jing, why does it feel like a dream? I never thought in my life that I would be able to live in such a lavish house. I used to think that as long as I have a thatched cottage that doesn't leak rain, I'll be content!" Shen Mo's happy mouth didn't fit. After going there, he smiled and said: "Our house is not as good as Lizheng's. It's exquisite, it's a bit like the old man in the town lived."

Zhou Jing said proudly: "Where is this? Oh, just wait, good days are still to come!"

Shen Lin drank all the sugar water in the bowl in one gulp, poured cold water and said, "Don't talk too much, okay? You are lucky to dig something, and now you have bought a house and land, what else is left?"

"Little brother ? , you already have your own bedroom, why are you still staying in your eldest brother's room, haven't you been weaned?"

"This is the living room and not your bedroom." Shen Lin said.

Zhou Jing said with a smile: "You are right, then your elder brother and I are in the bedroom. Don't follow the little baby."

Shen Lin stared at Zhou Jing angrily, thinking to himself, Zhou Jing must be pulling his brother into the room this time. The room has done bad things. Since he came to Zhou's house, because there is no other room, Zhou Jing has no chance to do bad things. Now he finally got a chance, stinky rascal!

Zhou Jing pulled Shen Moyi Entering the room, she gave Shen Mo the mask and hand cream to find out.

"With Shen Lin as a big light bulb around these days, it's inconvenient to do anything, even your mask plan has been interrupted. Look at your face, it's still dry, and sometimes it's peeling and hairy. It hurts. It can't be interrupted in the future. If you stick to it, you will definitely see improvement in a month."

Shen Mo put on the mask and lay on the bed, and suddenly asked, "What does the big light bulb mean?"

Zhou Jing said, "That's it. The bad guy who specially disturbs people's relationship, but can't marry himself!"

Shen Mo giggled.

Zhou Jing poured the remaining silver and copper plates on the table together and counted them carefully.

"We spent 25 taels to buy a homestead, a total of 15 taels to build a house, buy furniture and buy some small things, and 2 taels for Shen Lin, and a tael for our food and drink these days, the total is 15 taels. Forty-three taels, we spent some other money before, and now we have sixty-two or two hundred taels left."

"Our family spends too much to build a house. The five mud embryo houses in our village can be built for four or five taels, and the blue brick and large tile houses are about the same, but our family actually spent fifteen taels! "

It's worth the money. Our house has only one share in terms of warmth, not to mention the village, the town, and even the prefecture. There are only four stoves in the kitchen, and one is used to burn the warm wall of our house. One burner is used for cooking in summer, and the other two are used for cooking in summer. It does not go through the flue, so that it will get hotter and hotter in summer. It should be."

In fact, there is a heated kang in the northeast, which is also a good thing to keep warm, but Zhou Jing couldn't sleep in the fire pit. Once, someone invited him to play at a farmhouse in the Northeast. It was winter, and he slept on a hot fire pit. At first, he was fine, but after a night, his mouth was full of fire. In the first half of the night, it was hot tossing and turning on the pit, and in the second half of the night, the kang was cold, and it was cold enough. So even if he passed through, this thing was not in Zhou Jing's consideration at the beginning.

Zhou Jingdao: "It doesn't matter what the family is doing. I'll go to the town tomorrow to buy some meat. We're going to make sausages at home. We can take it to the town and sell it in a few days, and the family can make money again."

Shen Mo didn't say it clearly, So as not to dampen Zhou Jing's enthusiasm. But he is still skeptical about Zhou Jing's making sausages and buying sausages.

First of all, I don't know whether Zhou Jing's dishes are suitable for the public, although he thinks that Zhou Jing's dishes are better than the chefs in the restaurants in town. Secondly, they don't have shops, so they can only set up roadside stalls, so many big families don't come to buy because the roadside stalls are not clean. But now lean meat is only 15 cents a pound, fat and thin are 20 cents a pound, but sausages cost 35 cents a pound, which is 15 cents more expensive than fat meat. Who would be willing to spend on this? Buying sausages is a waste of money, and they all eat meat the same way!

Zhou Jing collected the money, divided one tael of silver and two hundred big money aside, blew out the oil lamp, and touched the bed in the bright moonlight.

"Hey..." Zhou Jing smiled slyly, "Xiao Mo, we're going to be sleepy!"

This kind of thing is obviously normal, all couples will do it, but when it comes to Zhou Jing's mouth, it becomes very serious, which will make Shen Mo very embarrassed.

After being turned over by the red waves, the mandarin ducks became a pair, and Zhou Jing finally didn't get tired of eating 'meat', and it didn't stop until the middle of the night.

Zhou Jing felt distressed that he had tossed and tossed the pancakes for half a night last night, so he got up early to cook.

He chopped up the meat and sprinkled some chopped green onion, and wrapped the wontons. Afraid that the broth will be too greasy in the morning, Zhou Jing's wonton soup is clear soup. When out of the pot, sprinkle chopped coriander, chopped green onion, shrimp skin and seaweed in the soup, then pour in a little vinegar and soy sauce, a little salt, a few spoonfuls of cornel sauce instead of chili as a spicy seasoning, a bowl of hot red The wontons are ready.

Shen Lin rubbed his sleepy eyes and came out. As soon as he saw the wontons made by Zhou Jing, he rushed over and took a deep breath.

"Wow, it's so fragrant, brother, how come you can make some novel good things that farmers don't often eat!"

Zhou Jing patted Shen Mo's outstretched hand.

"Go, brush your teeth and wash up, I'll go call your brother." When

Shen Mo was called by Zhou Jing, he immediately felt embarrassed. He said before that he was injured, and Zhou Jing hurt him so much that he couldn't bear to cook, but now his injuries are all over his body. Great, not only do I not cook for my husband, but I also need my husband to make the meal and call him before he gets up to eat. It's too lazy. If the people in the village knew about his laziness, they would laugh at him, but behind the scenes, they would be equally jealous to the point that his man loved his husband so much.

Shen Mo sat down at the dining table, his bowl had already been adjusted by Zhou Jing, and the red, green, and green together looked very nice together.

Eat a small wonton, not too big or not small, just enough for one bite, the meat is spicy and chives, but also mixed with the fresh fragrance of seafood, it is fragrant and tangy, and it is impossible to stop.

Shen Mo ate two big bowls in one go before stopping, wiping his mouth and burping.

Zhou Jing also finished eating at this time, he ate three bowls. He said to Shen Lin, "After you finish eating, wash the bowl. Your brother and I will go to town to buy meat and seasonings for sausages. We may come back later at noon. You don't have to wait for us to be hungry, so you can cook some leftover wontons by yourself. Eat first."

"Yeah." Shen Lin nodded.

Shen Mo wanted to walk in order to save money, but Zhou Jing disagreed. He thought that Shen Mo's body looked strong, but he was actually empty, and last night he was so tired of Shen Mo again that Zhou Jing was even more reluctant to let him walk.

Because the mule carts in the village usually have enough ten people to start the car, but it is impossible for the peasant family to go to the town every day. Usually, a few families make an appointment in advance. For those who make an ad hoc decision like Shen Mo and Zhou Jing, they can only charter a car. In the end, the two spent thirty-five pennies and made an agreement with Wang Gui to go back and forth.

People in the town got up late, and they arrived just in time to catch up with the morning market.

Zhou Jing found the butcher Wu who bought meat during this time.

Butcher Wu smiled when he saw him: "I'm here to buy meat again, how much will I buy this time?"

Zhou Jing smiled and said, "I'm here to buy meat today, and I'm here to talk business with you."

Butcher Wu used to see Zhou Jing talking Bufan, I asked him about his background and almost didn't believe it when he knew he was a farmer. Butcher Wu still wouldn't believe it when another farmer told him to negotiate business with him, but Zhou Jing had to let him take it seriously.

"What business are we talking about?"

Zhou Jing said, "I plan to open a small stall selling sausages. I may not want much meat at first, but it will become more and more in the future." The

butcher was surprised: "Brother still has this skill . What! I'm just fine, if you want to do it, I'll definitely support it!"

"Then I'll thank you in advance."

The butcher is also a cool person, and said directly: "In this way, if you take more than 30 catties of meat from me, I will give you three cents cheaper per catty. In the future, if the quantity is larger, I will give you a discount for more than 50 catties. In addition, I know that you do Sausages need casings, I have that stuff, and I will give it to you for free as a top-up, so you can keep enough."

"Okay, let's settle it like that."

At the beginning, Zhou Jing didn't know how the market was, so he didn't dare to add more . If I did, I bought 11 catties of fat meat and 25 catties of lean meat, and planned to make more than 30 catties of sausages to test the water.

In addition, he rounded up the remaining large bones and pig innards. There is not enough rice at home. The workers who are working have left. We can buy less brown rice and more polished rice.

Zhou Jing also customized a half-person-high small counter in the town, so that the sausages are placed on it, not directly on the ground, even if the wealthy see it, they will not dislike it too much.

For the oiled paper used to wrap the sausage, Zhou Jing found a place to make it special, printed the words "Sausage" in Zhou's diary, and also ordered some oiled paper gloves according to his requirements.

These things were agreed to come to pick up after five days, and Zhou Jing and Shen Mo returned to Wangjia Village.