Chapter 12

The county magistrate's wife is a lady from all over the world, and usually pays special attention to cleanliness. Even if your favorite hairpin is touched by a stranger, you have to wash it thoroughly before wearing it again.

This time, this lipstick must have been painted by someone, but the magistrate's wife didn't care about it, she quickly picked it up and put it on her lips.

When she applied it to her mouth, the moist feeling made her impatiently say to the maid, "Quickly take the bronze mirror and I will take a picture." The

maid hurriedly ran into the powder shop that had just come out and took a bronze mirror. The bronze mirror was not very clear at first, but the bronze mirror reflected the red lipstick so clearly, which made her whole face more beautiful.

"Madam, it's so beautiful!" Tian Xiang also liked it very much. Lipstick has two effects on the county magistrate's wife and Shen Mo's lips. "Madam, your skin looks so clear when you put it on, and your whole face seems to be glowing." After

saying this, the magistrate's wife subconsciously clenched the lipstick in her hand and didn't want to return it. Her cheeks were hot, and she hadn't liked anything since she was a child to the feeling that she knew it wasn't hers but wanted to take it for herself. She had been brought up very well, and she knew this was wrong and shameful. But she liked it so much that she endured the heat and gave the maid a wink.

Tian Xiang understood: "How much is this thing, can you set a price?"

Shen Mo shook his head and said, "I don't plan to sell it, I won't have the chance to own this kind of good thing in my life, so I plan to take it as one. The heirloom is passed on to future generations, and it also gives them a long-term experience, knowing how big the world is, and there are many things we have not seen on the other side of the sea."

"This..." Tian Xiang stomped her feet in a hurry, hating Shen Mo for not knowing. Shang Dao, but she also saw that her wife really liked it. It was so tightly gripped that it had no intention of returning it. Her wife has seen a lot of good things, when did her eyelids become so shallow.

"Our county magistrate's wife really likes it, you can ask for a price!"

Tian Xiang really can't do it, he can only use his identity to oppress people, and those who know the situation will know what to do. This kind of thing is usually not allowed by the wife, but today she didn't say anything after Tian Xiang said so. Tim Xiang knew that Mrs. lipstick was about to be ordered.

Shen Mo pretended to be frightened and said, "It's the county magistrate's wife. The villain has eyes and does not know Mount Tai, please forgive me." The

county magistrate's wife endured the hot shyness on her face and said softly, "I like this lipstick very much. I don't know if the little husband is willing to give up his love."

Shen Mo said: "The magistrate loves the people like a son, and the villain admires the magistrate very much. Since the madam likes it, why don't you give it to the madam!" The

magistrate did not expect him to be like this. Dao, very happy. At the same time, I feel even more embarrassed. The county magistrate can achieve such a good reputation not overnight, but for decades of business.

She is a knowledgeable person, of course she doesn't want to ruin the reputation of the magistrate, but if she really likes it, she can only make up for it in money.

"Absolutely not, this husband, you only need to say how much money, I know your things are expensive, and I won't counter the price you make." The

county magistrate's wife was prepared that he would ask for a few hundred taels. She knew the value of this lipstick when she saw it. The place here is small, but if you get it in the capital, those high-grade ladies will try their best to buy them back no matter how expensive they are.

Shen Mo thought for a while and said: "The villain knows that the magistrate and his wife love the people like sons, and the villain is really willing to give it to his wife. But he also knows that the lady definitely doesn't want to give it for nothing, so just give the villain fifty taels of silver. , it can be regarded as the villain's affection for the county magistrate. In the future, I will rely more on the magistrate!"

"You can rest assured." Emperor Tiangao is far away, and a county magistrate is even a local emperor in this town. As long as it's not a major event such as killing people and stealing goods, the magistrate's wife is willing to sell their favor.

"I don't know your husband's name and where his home is. If you have something to do in the future, you can come to me so that I know it's you today!

" My name is Shen Mo." The

magistrate's wife nodded and took off the purse she had embroidered by herself.

"This is what I embroidered myself and you can take it as a token. In the future, take it to the door and say your name or your husband's name, and I will know it is you."

"Thank you madam." Shen Mo hurriedly took it.

The county magistrate's wife nodded: "Then you can go back with me to get the money!"

"Follow the sedan chair!" Tian Xiang said to Shen Mo.

Shen Mo pointed to Zhou Jing who was looking at things in the distance and said, "That's my husband, I'll call him."

Zhou Jing had already seen clearly what was happening in the distance, Shen Mo came over and pretended to ask a few questions, then followed Jiaozi came to the backyard of the Yamen.

The two of them waited at the side entrance, added incense and went in to get the silver, and they came out soon.

Tian Xiang handed the fifty taels of silver notes to Zhou Jingdao: "When I came out just now, my wife asked me to give you a message, knowing that the lipstick was originally intended for your family to be a family heirloom, the wife likes it, and it is from your husband. Buy it, don't blame me and your husband for making decisions without authorization, my wife promised your husband that he can come to her if he has something, and whoever can help will definitely help."

It turned out that the county magistrate's wife watched Zhou Jing follow, and then she remembered such a valuable thing It was sold on his own initiative by a low-status Shuang'er, and it was sold so cheaply that it was very likely that he would be punished by the head of the family when he went back.

Zhou Jing hurriedly said: "It's our blessing that Madam likes it, this lipstick is also dusty in our hands, and it's good fortune in Madam's hands."

"Xiao Mo, we're rich! Now we can finally have enough to eat!" Zhou Jingcai revealed his true nature and said excitedly to Shen Mo, far away from the yamen, "It's still Xiaomo who can do it, and he can even rush the county magistrate's wife to come. A favor, after I have this favor, I can let go of my hands and feet when I do things, this is really an unexpected joy! Xiaomo, you are my lucky star!"

Shen Mo's face was red with praise, and he said shyly: "I just think you said In fact, this thing could have been worth a few hundred taels, because we didn't have connections, and we were afraid that it would be too expensive to sell, so we only sold fifty taels, and felt like a loss. We just wanted to get it back, so we asked the county magistrate's wife casually for a favor. Yes ."

Shen Mo was equally excited, he had never seen so much silver, and for a while he just felt like he was carrying a treasure.

"There are still many in our family that will be sold by then, so let's post them!"

Zhou Jing laughed: "If you don't sell those first, taking too many strange things at once may attract people's jealousy. Blessed."

"It's still as thoughtful as my husband thought." Shen Mo was so happy that he blurted out what was in his heart.

"Husband." Zhou Jing chewed on these two words, and his little husband called out why it sounded so nice. "Call me again."

It was nothing, but Zhou Jing said it in a serious manner, until he asked Shen Mo to be embarrassed. The young couples who just got married here are called their husbands in charge, and only the older ones are called the head of the family.

I usually don't feel anything when I hear the little women in the village screaming like this.

Zhou Jing watched the little husband take a few steps, and his eyes darkened, but it's good to have a husband!

The two first went to the bank, exchanged the fifty taels of silver notes for broken silver, and deliberately asked for a thousand copper plates so that spending.

There is nothing at home, such as chai, rice, oil, salt, sauce, vinegar, and tea.

But I don't dare to buy too much to go back, because I am afraid of attracting attention and causing disaster, so I can only buy as little as possible.

Brown rice is not delicious, and there are often unclean stones mixed in it, but I bought 20 catties for cheap, and only 10 catties for polished rice, as well as 10 catties of oil and 10 catties of white noodles.

Needless to say, I bought seasonings such as salt, soy sauce, vinegar, etc. I also went to the medicinal material store to buy seasonings such as star anise, aniseed, prickly ash, dried tangerine peel and longan.

Shen Mo also wondered what to do with these. Zhou Jing said that it was also a kind of seasoning. Shen Mo was surprised.

The most important thing is meat. This stuff can make Zhou Jing greedy at this stage. He bought ten kilograms at once, and he spent dozens of copper coins to wrap those big bones and internal organs.

And sugar is also a good thing at this time. He estimated that his little husband might have less chance of eating sugar than meat. After all, pheasants can be hunted in the mountains, but white sugar cannot be found.

Sure enough, when the little husband saw that he bought white sugar, the greedy worms in his eyes were about to crawl out.

In fact, I should still buy fabrics to make clothes, but Zhou Jing still didn't buy them after

thinking about it. In the shop of rouge gouache.

"I don't look good with powder, so you don't need to buy this." Shen Mo said hurriedly.

However, Zhou Jing smiled a bit wretchedly, "Let's not buy the one to put on the face, but to put it on there."

Shen Mo really felt that his face was about to burn and smoke, is Zhou Jing really a rich boy and not a rogue?

"You...why do you always think about that!"

Zhou Jing said confidently: "As a very healthy man, what do I do to marry a husband, of course I do!"

Shen Mo didn't want to talk to him anymore.

The shopkeeper also smiled ambiguous when he heard that Zhou Jing wanted to buy that thing, and smiled tacitly towards Zhou Jing.

"Brother, you've come to the right place. Let's not talk about anything else in this town. I dare to guarantee that this is the place. I have the most complete styles here." Wen." Neither of the two types of

Zhou Jing looked down on them, they looked inferior at first glance.

Zhou Jingdao: "The shopkeeper, this kind of thing is used there after all, we dare not use it badly, you can give me some good options." The

shopkeeper tentatively said: "There must be good ones, you can accept more Money?"

"Which one do the little rich people in our town buy?" The

shopkeeper said, "That one is expensive, and it costs five taels of silver!"

"Yes." The

shopkeeper took out five kinds, and Zhou Jing chose one. When paying the money, he was accidentally seen by Shen Mo, and was almost robbed and returned by Shen Mo. When he came out, he said angrily: "So little, he stole the money!"

Zhou Jing said, "We don't have such a small lipstick. It also sold fifty taels."

"Of course it's different, there's no lipstick here!"

Zhou Jing laughed: "You get what you pay for, and you'll know the benefits of this thing at night."

Shen Mo was ashamed . After speaking, he was embarrassed to discuss this matter openly.