Chapter 23

"Zhou Jing, I know you're at home, don't pretend to be a turtle. Come out for me!" The

Zhou family was enjoying their lunch, and a group of voices outside the door shouted one after another.

Zhou Jing put down the tableware and looked at Wang Ren, Wang Ren sneaked out, Shen Mo looked at Zhou Jing with a little worry, Zhou Jing comforted Shen Mo with his eyes, got up and said to everyone: "I'm building a house at home, I don't know. If anyone is uncomfortable with me, I have to trouble you all to go out with me!"

"Master, don't worry, although there are so many people in our family, although they won't take the initiative to cause trouble, they are definitely not cowards." Suddenly, the indiscriminate yelling and scolding made him angry.

A group of people followed Zhou Jing out, and saw a dozen men surrounded by some unknown time outside the door. It was the Shen family father and son who started it.

The father and son of the Shen family had changed their clothes and had returned to their adult-like appearance. Only Shen Cheng's bruised face could prove that he had just experienced a terrifying beating.

Zhou Jing pretended to be puzzled and asked, "What's the point of Uncle Yue's bringing so many people to my house?"

"What are you pretending to be, Zhou Jing, it's not that you set up a suit for me and my father, and lied to us about those two. The lowly Shuang'er wanted to give us two taels of silver to let us go up the back mountain, but in the end, he tricked us into it, beat me, and... even stripped my father off and hung it on a tree to humiliate him, he is yours Yuezhang, are you not afraid of retribution for doing this?"

Zhou Jing's face turned gloomy, and he said coldly: "Shen Cheng, rest your words, Shen Mo and Shen Lin are your brother, if you dare to insult them, I will really beat you up. You can only be regarded as a brother-in-law's lesson to my brother!"

"You..." Shen Cheng had to force himself to defend himself, and the man who was followed by him was obviously very imposing among the group of people, and he looked like the leading man. Raise your hand to interrupt.

The man looked like he was in his fifties, and he was an official old man.

He said slowly: "Zhou Jing, you don't have to argue, we can all see the injuries on Shen Cheng's body and the appearance of Brother Shen being discovered in time."

"So what!" Zhou Jing snorted coldly: "How can it have anything to do with me?" The

old man also turned cold and reprimanded Zhou Jing loudly: "You don't know how good it is, our Wangjia Village has kind people, and you can be considered my Wangjia Village's twin-in-law no matter what. You don't want to make trouble in the yamen because of your face, so you obediently kneel on the ground and kowtow respectfully to brother Shen, begging him and your brother-in-law to forgive you, and then take out two taels of silver to make amends!"

"Two taels are not enough, Back then, those two little beasts promised to give me a couple of taels. They agreed long ago and can't be changed. In addition, Zhou Jing took away the hundreds of pennies on me and Xiao Cheng, so I asked him to do it again. Compensate me for one, no, two taels of silver." The

old man seemed to be resentful, but in fact he looked at Father Shen indulgently and sighed.

"Forget it, you have suffered such a big loss from your two-in-law, you should ask for money!"

"Should it be?" As soon as the old man finished speaking, Cao Jiangren shouted sharply, "You old man will ask for four taels of silver as soon as he opens his mouth. It's also called should! You are a big master who doesn't know the suffering of our peasant family! Do you know the concept of four taels of silver, you can build a mud embryo house or a family of three for half a year

. I understand one thing, that is, you are here to corrupt our owner with empty words, because you are jealous when our owner builds a big brick house, and you come to rob it!"

"You... ..." The old man was so angry that a finger shook like a stroke, and he seemed to have never been confronted like this before, and it took him a long time to say, "Presumptuous!"

"Who is presumptuous, I think it is you who are presumptuous, bullying no one in our club's family! You say that people were beaten by our club, and it was our club who beat him! Then I also said that I had twenty taels of silver on me just now, so It will be gone in the freshman year, during this period, you and I have had a verbal conflict, so it must be you who stole it, and you must return it to me!"

"You spit!" The old man shouted.

"Since you said it was bloody, then there is a difference between what you are doing now and what the master craftsman I invited said. It is empty talk and vernacular, without evidence!" Zhou Jing said.

The old man said, "Who said we have no evidence? We have all seen Father Shen's naked body and Shen Cheng's injuries. Besides your family, an honest family like Brother Shen has never had a holiday with anyone else!"

Zhou Jing said: "The master craftsman I invited is also a well-known honest craftsman in the town. He has worked for so many masters from large families, and they all say that he is a master craftsman. He came to me with trepidation and serious work. Really, apart from you, there has never been a dispute with anyone else, so he has indeed lost twenty taels of silver, and I can testify. According to your remarks, it is no doubt that you stole the money, so please accompany him!"

"You, you're just messing around. I won't argue with you. Today, you have to pay for your money, and you have to pay for it! Otherwise, don't blame the villagers I brought for you smashing these blue bricks and new tiles!"

Waiting for Zhou Jing After the scolding, an angry shout came from behind everyone: "You dare!" The person who came

was Wang Fulu, the leader of Wang's village. Standing beside him was Wang Ren, who had just slipped away. On the way, Wang Ren had already told his father about the matter with more gusto. But it is a 'processed' version.

When the old man saw the savior in Wang's village, he stepped forward and called out respectfully, "Brother Wang, you are here, you don't know anything, Zhou Jing in your village is a bad guy. He not only beats his brother-in-law, but also humiliates his father-in-law. , it's really a thunderstorm that day..."

However, Wang Fulu didn't buy the old man's account, and interrupted him directly: "My villagers from Wangjia Village are not bothering you, Shen's village is coming to tell you what to do!

" . He has been in the school for decades, he is an official, he is nosy, and the villagers give some face to him. For many years, no one dared to talk to him like this. If this were to be replaced by the village chief, he might have to face it head-to-head today. However, Lizheng in Wangjia Village could talk to the yamen and the county master, and no villager dared to offend him easily.

Wang Fulu said: "I have said so much, I don't need to say it anymore. I heard it clearly from the back of the crowd just now. Shen Lizheng, all you said is that you and the villagers saw Father Shen stripped naked and wounded Shen. Cheng hung it on the tree, and then listened to the one-sided words of Father Shen and Shen Cheng and decided that Zhou Jing did it. So now I ask you, where are the witnesses? Did someone see that Zhou Jing did it?"

No one came to Shenjia Village. Squeak, they were summoned by Shen Cheng's cry for help, and they did not see Zhou Jing at the scene. At that time, there were only two of them, Father Shen and Shen Cheng. They said that Zhou Jing did it, and they thought it was Zhou Jing!

Shenjia Village Someone disagreed: "We didn't see Zhou Jing commit the murder, but so what, who else can be besides him?"

Wang Fulu shouted: "Who did it, then you should go to the yamen to report the crime, I can't control it. Just talking about Zhou Jing from our village. Since two parties in your village said that Zhou Jing did it, and no one else saw it, then even if the trouble was in the yamen, the county magistrate wouldn't just accept the party's words. But Zhou Jing in our village , but someone has proved that since these master craftsmen arrived, he has not been out of the house, and has been helping. Only at noon, after leaving the meeting, he still went into the kitchen to cook for everyone!"

Father Shen exclaimed: "It must be He was the one who sneaked into the mountain while he was cooking!"

Wang Fulu snorted coldly: "Did you know that Zhou Jing cooked five dishes at noon, all of which were hard dishes, namely, pork smothered eggplant strips, bean and potato stewed meat slices, chicken stewed with mushrooms, spicy fried shredded pork, and fried bamboo shoots. Meat slices. If you don't say anything else, just say that these five dishes are too busy for one person to finish the time. Could it be that you mean that Zhou Jing can sing tricks in a big show, picking a single hair into two Zhou Jing, one While cooking in the kitchen, the other went to the mountain to beat people. If not, Zhou Jing went to the mountain to beat people, so how did the large table of meals that the workers are eating come from?"

Father Shen said, "Isn't there a lot of food in the kitchen ? There are Shen Mo and Shen Lin."

"Don't mention Shen Mo and Shen Lin, they have been supervising the work during this period. And why didn't you help Zhou Jing enter the house to cook? It's not all thanks to you, you put them away. If you are like that, you are not distressed as a father, but you are distressed as a master, and you are reluctant to let your husband cook. Zhou Jing does all the cooking these days. These craftsmen who work in his family can testify. , and the chimney on his thatched cottage has been smoking!"

"This...this..." Shen Lizheng was stupid, he never thought that Father Shen would lie. Moreover, Zhou Jing's personality is not very good, and this thing is indeed like what he did, so as soon as the Shen family found him, he didn't ask in detail, and just helped out. But he didn't want to, now that Zhou Jing has evidence to prove that he never left the Zhou family at all, then it can only be Father Shen who lied. I think he saw that the Zhou family had now built a large tile-roofed house, and he saw money in his heart. Open, just remembered this out. As for Shen Cheng's injury and Father Shen's humiliation, it wasn't Zhou Jing who was on the mountain, so it was most likely caused by a refugee hiding in the mountain.

After making such a fuss, it turned out that he was being played as a monkey. Shen Li was so angry that he glared at the father and son of the Shen family angrily. He turned around and wanted to throw his sleeves and leave, but was stopped by Zhou Jing.

"Shen's village is still asking to stay. Although the boy is not the master of a big family, he can't be insulted, but this matter is so big, I don't dare not ask for an explanation. Otherwise, others will misbelieve the rumors and think I am a week old. Jing Dang really did this kind of thing, isn't this just tiring the whole Wangjia Village, how can the men and girls in Wangjia Village get married in the future?

In a few words, the personal grievances of the Zhou family rose to the interests of the whole village. It's not that Zhou Jing can control anything with just a few words, but at this time, whether it is a daughter-in-law or a girl, he is asking about the atmosphere of the village. If there are people in the village who beat their fathers and scold their mothers, it will really affect the marriage of the whole village.

The people of Wangjia Village who were watching the lively just now quit, and coaxed: "We must give our Wangjia Village an explanation, don't think that our Wangjia Village is easy to bully, and all kinds of dirty water will be poured into our village, and whoever's marriage will be ruined. Can Jiacun take care of it?"

Shen Lizheng knew that he would not be able to escape without a satisfactory explanation, so he gritted his teeth and said, "What do you want, Zhou Jing, don't forget, Father Shen is your husband-in-law." Zhou Jing nodded and said

: " I know it, so naturally I won't do it like my father-in-law. I won't ask for compensation, and even a junior can't afford an apology from an elder, but I can always ask my father-in-law to explain things clearly. I don't ask for anything else, just my husband-in-law today. Wait at the entrance of the village and explain things clearly to every neighbor who comes to Wangjia Village, so as not to tire the reputation of the village

. How can I get married to another village?" Wang Fulu asked.

"But what about the reputation of my Shenjiacun?" Having such a husband who wronged his two-in-law is enough to ruin the reputation of Shenjiacun, and Shuanger, a girl from another village, would definitely not be willing to marry into Shenjiacun.

"It's because of your impulsive actions that the consequences today are caused. Shouldn't you suffer the consequences, or really want to cause trouble in the yamen! If this incident happened in the yamen today, the men from Shenjia Village who came to our Wangjia Village would all be The Shen family's father and son's accomplices, even if one counts one, no one can run away." It

's about personal interests, and no one is willing to help the Shen family's father and son, even Li Zheng agreed to Zhou Jing's request. In the end, the father and son of the Shen family were left behind. Today, they had to tell the passersby what happened and then admit that they had wronged people, forgot their righteousness, and wanted to corrupt the Zhou family's money.

The father and son of the Shen family had a hundred mouths and couldn't tell at this time. They didn't know why Zhou Jing could be turned into two people, one to beat people on the mountain, and the other to cook at home. So I can only bear it, and humiliately tell every passerby what happened in the past.