Chapter 83 Exhausted

"Excuse me, is Master Zhou here?"

Shopkeeper Zhao leaned lazily on the table to drink tea, the green tea leaves rolled up and down, and the stretched out soft body was dyed with a faint fragrance.

Hearing this, Shopkeeper Zhao just lifted his eyelids, lowered his gaze, and blew the tea lightly.

He is the new shopkeeper of the cloth house hired by the Zhou family. Although the shop is not busy, it makes a lot of money. Every time a new style is released, those women who usually hold their own identity will turn into the aunts with super fighting power in the market, and they are even more mad than Bai Gai. . The most important thing is to be leisurely, but the monthly rate is twice as high as that of other shops, not counting all kinds of incentives.

Knowing that Bu Zhuang was run by the owner himself and lived here, so whenever someone came to ask the owner, the shopkeeper Zhao would warmly serve the person, but the premise was that the person looked like he was looking for the owner to talk about business, not just looking at him. It's for almsgiving.

Just like this one in front of me, the tattered rough cloth bunt, the mended cloth shoes, the old face, the humble look.

The guy saw that the shopkeeper was not willing to pay attention to him, so he hurriedly woke up from a drowsiness, got up and said with a bad face: "If you buy something, buy it, if you don't buy it, don't stand at the door!"

"I, I'm here to find someone. Yes." The old class leader explained loudly.

"Who are you looking for, I'm the shopkeeper Zhao and who else are you looking for in the shop!" In fact, there were two daughters-in-law on the second floor to entertain the nobles who came to buy nightdresses who were inconvenient for the man to entertain. However, he knew both of their family members, and knew that he would never be looking for them.

"Master, that Zhou Jing can't be a liar. Let our troupe sing the show and leave us alone. I said at the beginning that his shabby house in the countryside doesn't seem to have so much spare money to ask us to go to other towns to give it there. This is not a fool's act! After a long time of trouble, it turns out that he is playing tricks on us!" The speaker was the old class leader's favorite Xiaosheng, who was popular in the opera circle. of oily noodles. Because Xiao He was rejected by Zhou Jing, everyone who knew the troupe knew about it. She was very shameless for many days.

"If it doesn't work, let's go to Wangjiacun to find him. If you can run away, the monk can't run away from the temple!" Manager

Zhao put the teacup heavily on the table, snorted coldly, and said condescendingly, "I heard him call you the class leader, but you are the Han family class. What?" The

old class leader said quickly, "That's right, Master Zhou invited us to sing in several nearby towns. Now that the show is over, we're here to settle the wages."

"Oh." Manager Zhao drooped his eyelids, "That's right. Those who pay wages are still so arrogant, if our boss has money, we can't show you such a low-class person, what's wrong with the rural house, even the rural people are not suitable for one!" The

old class leader was startled, and then reacted to the person in front of him. Speaking of the owner, it was probably the shopkeeper invited by Zhou Jing. This can also explain his anger when he heard what his apprentice said.

The old class leader glared at Xiaosheng, "Don't say it if you don't know how to speak, Master Zhou, how could you be arrogant, get out of here." He turned around and said in a low voice, "This apprentice of mine is clumsy, I haven't seen the world, and I still don't know what to say. Please tell me where to find Mr. Zhou, Mr. Zhao. I will compensate you for this." They

were all sloppy food, so it was enough for Mr. Zhang to teach him a lesson, and he didn't embarrass him too much.

"You go to Hua'an Street. Now my family has moved to Zhou's House on Hua'an Street. I know it when I ask."

"Yes, yes."

As soon as the old class leader withdrew, Xiaosheng hurriedly stepped forward and said, "But I can find out, that Zhou Jing has run away?" The

old class leader slapped his head, "Mo Yan is talking nonsense, Master Zhou moved to Hua'an Street. Is it?"

"What Hua'an Street, where all the nobles live, did you hear me right?" Xiaosheng exclaimed in shock.

Although Han Jiaban is not a local, they are running the show. Whenever they go to a place, the show can be performed without rushing, but those who should be inquired must be clearly inquired, so as to avoid local taboos or offend local snakes. Another point is that they also need to know where the rich live, so that they can ask the mansion whether to invite someone to sing.

Before going to Wangjia Village, they sang songs at several old mansions on Hua'an Street. The old class master even remembered that these old men lived in a house that was very different from the Zhou family.

In fact, the old class leader didn't believe it in his heart. He lived in the Zhou family for three days. Perhaps it was a preconceived notion that the Zhou family was only a wealthy family in the village, but they would not be so rich that they could not afford to live in a luxury house in the town.

"Forget it, let's go and have a look first. If we can't find anyone, we will go to Wangjia Village."

They had just stepped into Hua'an Street, and they grabbed a groceries shopping woman and asked. He said in one place, "It's just a cup of tea in front of him. His street gate is the one from Jinzhumen. If you know the characters, look up and read Zhoufu!"

"Oh, thank you. "The old class teacher didn't expect to know just by asking the first person. I couldn't tell if I was relieved or disappointed.

"Who are you from his family?" The old woman rolled her eyes, "Is it their relative from the countryside? I heard people say that Master Zhou came from the countryside, is that true? But your life is true. Well, to be able to climb up to such a wealthy family as Mr. Zhou, good days will come. By the way, do you have a kid in your family? It's okay to have a daughter. Let me tell you, my seventh aunt's family... "The old woman didn't care if the old class teacher didn't answer, she started talking to herself.

The people in the troupe were placed in the town inn, and the old troupe only brought two people out, one was his daughter and the other was his proud disciple. So it looks more like defecting to relatives at this time.

The golden plaque of the Zhou Mansion shines brightly in the sun, the high gate compound, the red walls and green tiles are fortified.

"This...is this really the Zhou Mansion?" The

old class leader didn't answer, he stepped forward and locked the door three times, and a vigorous voice came from the yard.

"Who is it?" "The villain

is from the Han family class. According to the instructions of Master Zhou, come over to pay for the performance after singing.

"

came back. This time the tightly closed door was finally opened from the inside, and a man smiled and said: "It's the old class leader Han, my master asked me to greet you for your hard work. This is the twenty taels of silver I said before, please accept the old class leader. Good. By the way, there are still five taels here. My master said that it is a reward. Thank you for your hard work. My master is very satisfied. In addition, I also asked the old class leader Han to sing for my master no matter where he goes to sing in the future. For that play, this money is Xie Yin." The

old class leader took the silver and said Nuo Nuo, "Sure, definitely, thank you Master Zhou."

The man smiled kindly at the old class leader, and the heavy door of the Zhou family closed again in front of him, as if it became two worlds, and this door cut into an insurmountable gap.

"This... When did the Zhou family become so rich?" Xiaosheng still couldn't believe it, obviously the Zhou family was only a small family, and they lived a long life, so how could they become so rich.

The old class leader sighed heavily, "It's because we are narrow-minded and underestimate Mr. Zhou. It's also me who is fascinated, why don't I want to think that the Zhou family is really the kind of small rich family we imagined, how can it be the big ones in the south? The rich and noble men all know him and appreciate him."

Originally, the old class master brought his daughter here, hoping that if Zhou Jing regretted it. Unexpectedly, he didn't even see anyone's face at all. He, his daughter, and even the entire troupe were not worthy of Zhou Jing's personal reception at all. I think that meeting Zhou Jing that time was also because his husband really wanted to watch a play, otherwise he wouldn't even have the chance to meet. But pity his daughter... The

old class leader looked at her daughter, biting her lower lip while looking at the gate of Zhou Mansion, her eyes turning red.

The daughter really fell in love with Zhou Jing! However, it is completely impossible for them to have too much status and status. With the current power of the Zhou family, it is impossible to marry a rich and noble girl, and it will never be his turn. daughter.

If the Zhou family had lived in such a high-level compound from the beginning, neither he nor his daughter would dare to give birth to even the slightest delusion.

Cao Craftsman was sitting in the hall of Zhou Mansion, and he was the one who had been repairing the house for the Zhou family.

"Master Zhou, do you really want to build a library?" Cao Craftsman confirmed again.

Shen Mo hurriedly explained: "It's not the library, it's the study."

In the dynasty, a large library similar to that of later generations could only be built in academies for students to study and study. As for the profit-oriented businessmen, they can only be regarded as a study, and most of them are a book of words to spend time.

Zhou Jing said: "As my husband said, I just built a study, I dare not call it a library." But

according to Zhou Jing's description, it was already the size of a library.

In fact, what Zhou Jing really wanted to build was a library for later generations. No matter the book recipes, recipes or other professional books, you can find them here. Students can gather here to study and study, or they can leave a deposit and take it home to grind it carefully like the later generations. But in any case, the only purpose is to focus on the books that the readers learn, supplemented by entertainment.

He did this not for making money, but for Zhou Yu. The incident in the private school sounded a wake-up call for Zhou Jing, and made him realize more clearly that this is a dynasty, not a later generation.

There are many precedents in this dynasty. For example, a few years ago, a master of Juren, his articles were splendid, he was praised by the emperor himself, and he was the leader of the case. However, during the palace examination, when asked about his background, when he learned that he was born in a family of merchants, the emperor's expression changed immediately. Four.

Zhou Jing believes that he can't be a help for the child, but he also can't be a drag on the child. But the identity of the merchant's family can't be changed, so it can only be changed by gaining a good reputation that is well known to all scholars.

The first method he thought of was the library. The library is a great deed for the benefit of the country and the people, and it is also a hall of knowledge that thousands of people love to learn. Although there is no library here, there is a library, but since the library occupies a collection of characters, it is not for outsiders to read. The knowledge of the dynasty is precious, and it is worth as much as a thousand pieces of gold, how can anyone see it at will!

Only real and prestigious large-scale academies have bookstores. The rare and rare books in the bookstores are all arc books. If they are accidentally damaged, there will be no more. Therefore, only students who are extremely favored by the master or even the dean can have the honor to enter the library to study.

What Zhou Jing wants to build is such a library, which can be used by students all over the world to study and study. Knowledge is no longer restricted and can be widely disseminated.

It's just that Zhou Jingshi is not so great in his heart, but wants to use the mouths of scholars all over the world to spread his good name, so that when scholars mention Zhou Jianeng's praise for benevolence, morality and righteousness, first of all think of the Zhouji Library, so that one day in the future, Zhou Yuzhen can During the palace examination, he was unfair because of his birth.

"But..."

Zhou Jing waved his hand and said, "Artisan Cao, Mo Yan thinks too much, I am a businessman and all I have to do is make money. Although my study is bigger, I still need to make money, it won't be like the one in the academy. There is no charge for the library in the library, only the disciples can enter."

Cao Craftsman wiped the sweat from his forehead, "That's good."

"If possible, I hope that it can be built with blue bricks, preferably four or five. The floors should be high, the ventilation on each floor should be good, and the space should be large, because not only do books need to be placed, but also tables should be put down indoors for students to study and study."

"Okay, I will study with other craftsmen when I go back, and give you to Master Zhou in seven days. Reply." "A word is

settled."

Although Zhou Yu still had the same facial expression on his face, in fact, his heart was filled with turbulent emotions. At this moment, he no longer complained about his origin, but was filled with endless gratitude, grateful that he met Shen Mo, grateful that Shen Mo had adopted him, and even more grateful that Shen Mo and Zhou Jing had done for him.

There are so many merchants in the world, and among them, the sons of merchants are reading books, but even if their fathers are his own, no one has done so much for their sons, so prepared for a rainy day. In order not to let his background drag him down, he did not hesitate to spend all his money.

As Zhou Jing said, if this study was built, it would be a loss-making business, and it would be impossible to make money.

Zhou Yu secretly swore in his heart that from today onwards, the former Zhou Yu is dead, and he is Zhou Jingshen Mo's biological son. No matter whether they have their own biological children in the future, they will live forever.

Seven days later, Cao Craftsman agreed to build a study for the Zhou family. At the same time, the Zhou family also began to collect a large number of books and classics. At the price of thirty-five articles per day, I invited some scholars to come and classify them into different categories. Most of them are poor and sour scholars with fame, and there are a few who are not famous, but their articles are famous, but for various reasons, they failed to pass the exam. Just fame.

Zhou Jing, Shen Mo, Zhou Yu and the others also came off the stage. The ten talents went through the first round of selection, and the three of them went through the second round of selection to confirm whether they were available or not. If they were available, they would discuss the price with the seller. If they were not available, ask the seller to take them back.

At first, not many people came. Most of the ten talents were drinking tea and chatting. Until one day, a desolate scholar came with an ancient bamboo-carved book that he claimed to be an ancestral treasure. The asking price was thirty-five taels. After reading it, the scholar turned pale with shock and regarded it as a treasure. After Zhou Jing and Zhou Yu saw it, he decided to buy it without paying the price.

Zhou Yu was the main force. After all, he was the one who received the most orthodox education in Zhou Mansion, so he was also the busiest. After school, he plunged into the study and studied. But it is this time that he has been in his heart so deeply that he has become what he will be in the future.

"Master Zhou, can you lend me one or two of the bamboo slips, and I promise to bring them back to you early tomorrow morning."

Zhou Jing said with a smile: "It's an honor for you to like it, sir. But why don't you cultivate well at night, so that you can select more collections in the next day when you are full of energy. I hereby assure you that when the bookstore is completed, the bookstore will be completed. All the books in the book are open to a few people, you can choose at will. If you really like it, you can also transcribe it."

That Xiucai's eyes lit up: "Really? Can all of them?"

Zhou Jing smiled: "Not only can, but also all of them. It's free."

That scholar was so happy that he forgot to be arrogant, and other scholars came together to ask Zhou Jing for a promise, but for a while they forgot to look down on this stinky businessman. Because of this, several people got closer to the Zhou family, and even willing to give Zhou Yu a few words when they were free, and they became respectful to Zhou Jing.