10.

Tengen looked amused by your dramatic reaction, "What?" he asked. "You don't wanna be my wife?" he grinned, enjoying this a little too much.

"Master Ten-" you were cut off.

"It's Lord Tengen, remember?"

Your face flushed with embarrassment, "Yes Lord Tengen." you obeyed. "It's not that I don't want to marry you, but I do have a life and other obligations. I mean.. I'd be your fourth wife. How can you love that many, equally at that?"

Tengen frowned at this. "I love all my wives equally. I spend time with them and show them as much affection as possible, and I prioritize them. I promise, if this marriage happens, you'll live like a queen and learn to love me. As far as your obligations, they may change a bit, but if it makes you happy, then keep it up." he patted your head with his free hand.

You smiled at this as you finally approached Master Kaguya's estate.

"Hello my children." the man spoke.

"Master Kaguya." Tengen bowed, bringing you with him.

"Have you brought (Y/n)?" he asked.

"Yes sir, she's standing right beside me." Tengen replied, letting go of you and pushing you forward a bit.

"(Y/n), please come a little closer." the master spoke.

You obliged and stood right before him, the only difference being that he was elevated. "I'm here, Master." you spoke.

"Perfect." he mumbled. "(Y/n), I hope you don't mind, but Shinobou told me of your past and I'm afraid we have some unfortunate news. Could your father be Zenjiro Tsumaki?"

Your eyes widened, "Yes Master. What's the news?" you asked, chills going down your back.

Master Kaguya sighed, "I'm afraid he's kidnapping and killing oirans in the entertainment district. I believe he's working for a demon. On top of his already unforgivable actions, he sent a messenger bird to send a note. Since you are a former demon slayer, he must've figured you'd get it eventually. The note states that if you do not marry a member of the Uzui clan to create peace between him and the Uzui clan, he will send an army of demons to massacre the clan and our corps." he explains.

Your eyes fill with tears of fear and frustration as you listen to Master Kaguya.

"My dear, sweet child, I believe it's in everyone's best interest for you and my child, Tengen, to get married. Creating peace as well as killing demons, is what we strive for. I know this is very hard and a lot to take in but, please, our corps, the Uzui clan, and your life, hangs in the balance." the master bowed.

Tears are flowing down your face at this point as the realization of how serious this is sets in. "M- Master.." you drop to your knees.

Tengen walks over to comfort you, "May I, Master?" he asks, earning a nod. "While this is true, I do need you for something else as well. We plan to infiltrate the entertainment district soon to put a stop to this and I would like for you to help. With your past in demon slaying, we'll definitely secure the win." he rubs your shoulder.

You cry harder. It's too much.

"I'm sorry this has to be put on you, my child, but something has to be done. I'll set the wedding date for one month from today, both parties will be attending of course. I would like you, Tengen, to spend as much time with (Y/n) as possible and talk her through this. I know this isn't the news you wanted, but it's the news we have. You are dismissed, children."