23.

"MMHMM!!" a tiny Nezuko cheered as she popped out from underneath your blanket.

You smiled at Nezuko, letting your eyes focus on her in the darkness.

You held your hand to your throat and shook your head and she looked sad, holding her head down. You didn't think she'd still be able to read so you didn't bother trying to write. You lifted Nezuko's head with a finger and smiled at her before taking her in your arms and hugging her.

She nuzzles her head in your chest and hummed and the two of you sat there quietly for a few moments.

You got up for a moment, holding Nezuko in your arms like a baby as she shrank. You closed every curtain to make sure no sunlight could get in when light dawned and you put Nezuko underneath your blankets before sliding back in yourself. You held out your hand and made an odd crescent shape before positioning one of Nezuko's the same way. You put your two hands together and made an awkward, small, but cute heart with your hands before falling asleep.

Later on, mid slumber, the hair raised all over your body, muscles tensing as you wake up in a jolt.

Jumping from bed, you're instantly defensive, posing in a fighting stance. Nothing could get past your heightened senses since your breakdown. Nothing.

Since day one when you offered to take Tanjiro's place, every smell became intensified, your hearing: impeccable, and your intuition and sixth sense, off the charts.
Trauma will do crazy things to you no matter how long it's been since you've experienced it.

Your voice was shot no matter how you look at it. You couldn't scare the person away with an angry tone or threat of violence, all you can do is gather your thoughts and prepare yourself.

Tears trickle down your face as you prepare for the impending threat to burst through the door at any second. Seconds turned to minutes and minutes into hours. Daybreak was at the brink of the sky when Nezuko woke up and saw you crying as your firmly planted body stood in a fighting stance as you stared intensely at the door through tears.

Nezuko opens the bedroom door, growing in size with an angry expression as if she knows a threat is amung you. Nezuko opens the door, prepared to fight but there's no one. Absolutely no one.

She looks at your scrunched face as old tear streaks are coated by new ones, slightly understanding, if only a little, that you thought something was there that she knew wasn't.

Nezuko grew slightly taller than you, scooping you up, and lying you back into your bed without protest from you. Tucking you in, she shrinks to her childlike size once again before leaving your room.

The tiny demon girl walks around the butterfly mansion aimlessly, unable to find someone to help her. The raven haired girl looked for someone like Shinobu or Aoi, hell even the three little nurse girls. Who are they again?

"Mhmm mhm!" Nezuko hummed throughout the halls of the butterfly mansion as if to say, "Someone, help!"

Unfortunately Zenitsu and Inosuke were nowhere to be found, probably off training somewhere and Nezuko new not to bother Tanjiro at this time as he'd been acting strangely.

Now the only other option is find the person in charge: Shinobu, in hopes that she can help you with whatever is going on inside your mind.

Nezuko continued walking when she heard a loud cry like a baby. She ran back to your room in hopes to help you when she saw you cowering in a corner, fists up and tears streaming down your cheeks, again!

"Mhmm!" Nezuko ran over to you, clinging onto your waist, hugging you.

"Nezuko, step away. Everything is okay here just leave us be." an untrustworthy voice bellowed unsympathetically.