15.

As you sat back and observed Tanjiro for a bit, Zenitsu and Inosuke started talking to you.

"Is Tanjiro alright?" Zenitsu asked.

"For now, but his wound got infected." you explain.

Inosuke grits his teeth, "I knew he should've left that damn monster commander to die.." Inosuke mumbled.

"You mean the locomotive operator?!" Zenitsu corrects.

"Whatever! I told Manjiro that he should've left him to be eaten by that demon for stabbing him!" Inosuke retorts.

You focus your attention back on Tanjiro, making sure he wasn't stirring in his sleep. His brows were furrowed slightly and he was sweating, but fast asleep. You kept a close eye on him, staring for a second before you heard Inosuke yell.

"And you-" he pointed, "next time there's a pesky bug bothering you, call me!" Inosuke demanded.

You're snapped from your trance, "What are you talking about Inosuke?" you ask, confused.

"You're so scared you don't even wanna talk about it!" Inosuke yelled again.

"Inosuke, shut it! Remember (Y/n), the bug I helped you get rid of?" Zenitsu winked.

Your brows furrowed for a second before your eyes opened wide, "Oh, that's right! Sorry Inosuke, I'll definitely get you to save me next time." you lie, thanking Zenitsu for covering for you.

You hear a bit of mumbling coming from beside you, feeling something tugging at your shirt sleeve. You look over to see Tanjiro's eyes open, his mouth agape and dry.

You frowned a bit, upset that Inosuke must've woken him up. Tanjiro tried speaking but his throat was so sore that he couldn't speak.

"Here." you say, lifting his head up a bit and pouring a small amount of medicine in his mouth. "Swallow please. You must be thirsty."

Tanjiro makes a face as he swallows, signifying how nasty it must be. You hold his head in your hands, not wanting to let it go, but he turns his head and squeezes his eyes closed.

"What's wrong?" you question, a little worried.

Tanjiro groans and tries turning his head more as you hear Zenitsu and Inosuke start to argue again.

"You idiot, you woke him up!" Zenitsu whisper yells.

"Come say that to my face, scrawny!" Inosuke growls.

"You two, stop it!" you scold, just loud enough for them to hear.

The two boys stop in their tracks, apologizing and laying back into their beds.

"Tanjiro, is the sun too bright? Does your head hurt?" you question again.

Tanjiro nods weakly, squeezing his eyes more.

Your expression softens as you lay his head back down and put another damp cloth on his head.

"Don't worry, I have a solution." you reassure the boy as you stand up.

Zenitsu and Inosuke watch as you close the curtains, darkening the room a bit.

"Sorry guys." you apologize as you walk back to Tanjiro. You put one hand on Tanjiro's cheek, rubbing your thumb on it. "Hey, you can open your eyes now." you instruct him.

Tanjiro winces as he opens his eyes slightly, squinting.

"Is that better?" you ask.

Tanjiro nods a little, looking up at you as if he needed something.