11.

As you picked yourself up off the ground, tears still pouring from your face, you felt Tengen pull you into him. "It'll be okay, (Y/n)." he whispered.

You shook your head weakly, how could something like this be "okay"?

"Yes, it will be. I promise." he reassured. "Even if you never love me - hate me even - I'll still do everything in my power to make you happy. We'll find a way to fix this, (Y/n)." the man said, now hugging tighter.

"Lord Tengen..." you grip his shirt.

"Would you like to go back to the butterfly mansion?" he asked.

You shook your head, "They can't see me like this." you replied.

Tengen nodded, standing to his feet as he carried you in his arms. You didn't really care where you went as long as it wasn't the butterfly mansion.

Unfortunately, in going to your destination the two of you ran into Shinobou.

"Hello, Tengen!" Shinobou greeted.

"Hey, Shinobou." Tengen greeted back, less enthusiastically than normal.

"Is something the matter, Tengen? Who do we have he-" Shinobou paused, "You didn't." she said angrily.

Tengen avoided eye contact as he looked away. "I had to do what's best for my clan and the corps and so did (Y/n). It's not just my clan or the corps that's in danger here, Shinobou. (Y/n)'s being forced to, ya know?!" he looks down at you.

Shinobou is even angrier now as she starts to raise her voice. "I told you this wouldn't be good for her! We could've found another way! Don't you know how much she's had to go through?! She was just starting a new life and you and Master had to ruin that for her."

Tengen tried to justify it but he knew Shinobou was right. "I know that! Nobody wanted this but what can we do? Multiple lives are at stake here, including hers!"

Shinobou glared, "What did she think about this?"

Tengen scoffed, "What the hell do you think, Shinobou? Look at her!" he retorted.

"You should've never gone through with this. Give her to me, we'll be taking our leave now." Shinobou stepped closer to the sound Hashira.

"Hell no! I asked if she wanted to go back to the butterfly mansion and she said no, so back off!" Tengen shifted you further away from Shinobou.

Shinobou scoffed, "Fine." she said angrily before changing her tone to a sweet one. "(Y/n), don't be afraid to talk to me. Come back when you're ready, okay?"

You nodded. "Okay." you said quietly.

Shinobou and Tengen exchanged one last angry glare at each other before going their separate ways.

"I'm sorry about all this. I promise, we'll fix it though, okay?"Tengen said as hugged you closer to his body.

"Okay.."

~

After about 10 minutes, you finally reached your destination: the Uzui estate.

"Lord Tengen, where are we?" you asked.

"We're at my estate. Maybe you'd feel more comfortable talking here." Tengen informs.

"About what?" you retort.

"Your feelings of course. I need to know how you feel so I can help. I also want to get to know you so you can assimilate better." he informs, carrying you into the estate and sitting you on a pillow atop a tatami mat.

"Good day, Master Uzui, would you like me to summon your wives?" a small, older woman asks.

"Yes please. Thank you." he responds.