Part 11

"So will you come?" Tony asked again.

"Oh I don't know Tony.. what about work? I can't just skip it.."

"Uh.. you do know who you're talking to right? Tony scoffed with a laugh. "I'm your boss and if I order you to come to Washington for.. business then you come for business.. right?"

"Business?" She questions his choice of words.

"Yes if anyone asks it is for business.. do you understand? " And finally the penny drops with her.

"Oh! Yes of course... strictly business Mr Stark.."

"So that's a yes?" Although he can't see her, she nods and agrees.

"Yes! Of course I'll come.. I can't wait to see you.."

He lets out a deep sigh.. "oh me too babe.. me too..listen I've got to get back to work but I'll see you tomorrow yeah? I'll have Hap send you all the details.."

"Sounds great.. thank you.."

When the phone call ends, she lays back on her bed with her legs dangling over the edge. Staring at the ceiling with a full heart.

Why.. if he was so interested in Pepper would he invite her all the way to Washington? Surely he wouldn't? He could have any girl whilst he was staying there but he's invited her? This has got to mean something?

He thoughts continue half thinking of him and Pepper together and the other half thinking of being together alone with him. She was the one getting on the next plane, flying out to meet up with him.

She spent the next hour packing, quickly throwing a few things in to her small suitcase, packing essentials.

She even picked out a nice lace underwear set for the trip, just in case. A couple of her dresses. She was all ready to go.

Within that hour of packing, Tony did have an email sent with her boarding ticket, and hotel details that he was staying in.

Flight details all sent, I've let Pepper know you won't be in work this week.

See you tomorrow.

TS

That was the next message she received, from stony himself. Short but sweet, just like her reply..

Thank you <3

Yeah. She sent a heart but she really felt it meant something. Maybe not to him, but she did.

The following morning she was up early to catch the flight. A wave of tiredness, anxiety, excitement all the emotions flowing through her at once.

She was landing into Washington at 11:17am.

She made her way through the airport, and saw a driver waiting for her at the arrivals , with a sign with the stark industries logo on it. Boarding the very nice car with her only suitcase, she made her way to the hotel.

Approximately 1 hour away from the airport, she arrived just after lunch time. When she arrived at the hotel, Happy was waiting in the lobby for her.

"Welcome.." he greets her when she makes her way through the lobby.. "he's just in a meeting.. he'll only be about fifteen minutes.."

She nodded and took a seat in the lobby waiting area..

It was about twenty minutes later, Happy made his way over to her again.. "Mr Stark has instructed me to tell you to go straight upstairs.. he's waiting for you in room 239"

"Thank you.." she makes her wait to the elevator and selects the floor she needs to be on.

As she makes her way past each number, her nerves slowly kick in.. when she sees his.