Part 18

Hey.. I love you.

Her message sent to Tony and he immediately opened it when it came through. He replied a little too fast..

You do? Good because I love you too.

Tony smiled at his phone, just like she had hoped..and this didn't go unnoticed by Pepper.

"Who's that?" Pepper asked as she looked over to him.. Tony was stood, leaning against the wall.

"You know it's her so why do you need to ask?" Tony said with a sharp tone which took Pepper by surprise.

"I'm sorry Tony.."

"I don't get it Pep.. I really don't.. and I know a lot of shit..but this.."

"You can't deny there's something between us.. I just realised a little too late that's all.."

"Yeah.. you did.. you kissed me.. twice now.. and told me how you feel.." Tony turned away from Pepper, looking back down at his messages on his phone.

"You made me feel like there was never going to be anything between us Pep..and now you wait until I've found someone.. someone that I'm deeply in love with before you tell me how you really feel?!"

"I know Tony! I'm sorry ok! I just..I saw you two together and.."

"And you got jealous, because you don't want me to be with someone else..or anyone for that matter.." Tony cut her off.. "I think you should go.."

"What?"

"You heard me.. I'm supposed to be on a date! We were.. having a really nice date and then you.. you came here to talk about what happened yesterday.. and then kissed me again.."

"You know it would have went further if we weren't interrupted.."

"No.. it wouldn't have, because I soon realised what an idiot I am and remembered that I'm in a relationship.. and yeah maybe I would have wanted it to happen a year ago.. believe me I know I would have.. but not now.."

"Why? Why not now huh? What makes her so special? She's just an office girl!!" Pepper shouts back at Tony, leaving him stunned. He looked back to her, as she stood up and walked over to him, waving her hand in the air very dramatically.

"What makes her so special?" He repeats her words..

"Yeah? I need to know Tony.."

"First off.. have you seen her? She's unbelievable. She's beautiful, inside and out. Her hair the way it falls on her shoulders, her ass when she wears those tight jeans to the office..or her curves when she wears a dress.." Tony bit his lip and closed his eyes and looks up to the ceiling as he trails off thinking about it... "She actually listens to me, asks me about my day.. she makes me laugh... oh and she's great in bed... which she makes me want more and more every day, she's like a drug.. and I can't get enough.. no girl has ever made me feel that way before..you ask what makes her so special? You know the most important thing?"

Tony looks over to Pepper, looking her deep in the eyes..

"She loves me Pepper.. and deep down we both know that's all I've ever wanted.."

"I get.." Pepper tries but he continues on talking..

"She might just be an office girl to you Miss Potts, but to me she's perfect.. and I am going to go and tell her everything that's happened, and tell her how sorry I am.. and hopefully she can forgive me and we can move on together.. because if she doesn't.. I won't be the same.."

This time Pepper didn't say anything back. She knew he was serious from his tone. He had never spoken this way to her before, and she knew form that she couldn't win him over. His heart was committed, and it wasn't to Pepper, she really was too late.