十三

an: i've already gotten my permanent shift schedule! from this day on until 013123, i will be publishing at around 5:30 am - 5:50 am gmt! so that's like 1:30pm - 1:50pm for pst, 12:30am - 12:50am for est and 11:30pm - 11:50pm for cst.

but on my days off, i will revert back to the usual time which is within 10:00am gmt.

Ever since the almost kiss incident, Wakasa had completely ignored Rini the whole day of the following day. Even though the girl tried her best to get his attention by calling out his name multiple times at school, dialing his phone when she's at home or getting Takeomi to have him talk to her again, they were all fruitless. Rini wished she knew why he was avoiding her like a plague, but honestly, she hadn't an ounce of clue why.

One day turned into two.

And two days turned into three.

And three days turned into four.

And four days turned into five. 

For the rest of the week, he completely ignored her. Truth be told, Rini was the happiest when she finally had someone talking and accompanying her in school, but for it to suddenly vanish into thin air? She was saddened. If there was anything that's sadder than sad, that was what she is exactly feeling.

To cheer herself up, she quietly tiptoed down to the kitchen to make herself some ramen, to try and lift her spirits up again.

"Why are you still awake?" Takeomi asks, startling Rini a bit as the older male enters their house through the front door.

"Why does it look like it?" Rini counters back, picking up her chopsticks to scoop a few strands of noodles, blowing the steam away.

"Wow, that looks delicious." Takeomi immediately sat down besides her. The girl raised her foot, kicking him away from her bowl of ramen.

"Just cook one for yourself!" She responds, taking a bite and then chewing it inside her mouth.

"Come on, just let me have a bite!" He spoke to her, taking both the bowl and the chopsticks into his hands, sliding them closer to his side. Rini was left with no choice but to back away, there was nothing she could do now, not when Takeomi looked too engrossed in slurping her noodles.

"That's not a bite!" She half shouts, getting on her knees as she slaps his shoulder.

"This is really so good." Takeomi replies, ignoring what his sister told him earlier. "Why don't you go cook some more?"

"Cook one for yourself, dumbass!" She replies, slapping his shoulder again.

As Takeomi chewed the food inside his mouth, he slides the bowl back to her, handing to her the chopsticks at the same time. Rini took it from his hand and immediately took another bite.

"Right. I forgot to tell you." Takeomi begins to say, swallowing the remainder. "Wakasa told me that some girls back then used to bully you." He tells her, leaning a little closer to Rini, slamming his hand on the table which caused her to jump a little, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows while taking a sip of the soup.

"What are their names? Do they live around this area? Do they also still go to our school?"

"Why?" Rini asks. "Are you going to meet them? Beat up their brothers if they have one? Don't even think about it. It's embarrassing!" She tells him. "Besides, that happened years ago and I've completely forgotten about it. You should too!"

Instead of replying to what she said, Takeomi just took the bowl, bringing it closer to him before taking the rest of the soup and noodles.

"Why would you do that?!"