Chapter 03

"Now that we cleared the main points, shall we discuss your salary expectation, Miss. Gupta?"

Khushi node yes and Arnav continued,

"Your salary will be 50,000 rupees per month. On the days when I am away, you will get an additional 2000 rupees per day because you will have to be with Sifu the full time"

"50,000 rupees?"

"You are not a qualified childcare worker and this is your first job. I am actually taking a chance here so that's the maximum I am offering at this point. But after 3 months, if you survived the job, I will do a performance review and consider a pay rise"

"No, No, Mr. Arnav. What I was trying to say 50,000 is too much. Since you are providing me with the meals and lodging you can go down a bit. To be frank my previous job paid me only 15,000 rupees per month. I survived on that. So even if you go down to halfway, I am still happy"

Arnav couldn't help but be amazed by this creature sitting in front of him. He has interviewed a number of people for a number of jobs. Never in his life, he has met anyone who asked him to decrease the pay. Everyone asked for more but Khushi was different. Akash was correct, she is different from others. She was naive and has no knowledge of the world she is living in. Did he take the correct decision? He doesn't want to end up having two kids at home.

"Miss. Gupta. Have you ever been in an interview before? I think you have the wrong meaning of the word negotiation. Let me give you some advice. When you go into an interview, never ever ask anyone to decrease the salary. Everyone offers you the minimum salary and it's you who has to negotiate and make it increase. Second, never disclose your actual previous salary. Always add a few extra thousands before you disclose"

"Thank you for the advice Mr. Arnav. I truly appreciate it. But that's not me. I know how to negotiate. If I feel like I am being exploited I will raise my voice. But what you are offering is way higher than what I deserve. My father always said, do not live to earn money rather earn enough to live a reasonable life, not less not more."

Arnav was impressed with her. She actually proved she is worth the money he was offering.

"Look, Miss. Gupta, this is the basic rate I have drafted in the agreement. Even if someone else was in your place the rate will be the same. May be higher for an experienced person. So I would suggest you take it without making it harder for everyone"

Khushi had no other option than to agree. As much as she hated her ruthless angry boss. She appreciated how he valued his employees. No wonder this man is a billionaire at the age of 28. She is only 5 years younger than him but she is not even closer to achieving what he has achieved.

After completing all the paperwork and agreements Khushi left Arnav's place promising to be back in 2 hours with her belongings.

"Papa, angel stay?" asked Sifu as she was sad to see Khushi gone.

"Yes my baby, she will be back soon. She is going to be your new nanny. You like her?"

"Sifu love angel"

Saying that the little girl hugged Arnav happily. Arnav couldn't understand what made his 3-year-old daughter fall in love with that girl.

Was she good-looking? yes. But was she the most beautiful girl he has ever seen? no. Was she attractive? Yes, she has the looks. Is he attracted to her? No.

Khushi was over the moon. She not only got a job but a handsome salary too. Now she can help her father with his medicines and also pay off her student loan. Arnav took Khushi out of her misery and she is going to be thankful for him for the rest of her life.