Chapter 25

Happy Saturday :) I don't think I can find a better way to start the weekend than updating this chapter. I guess, most of you were waiting for this chapter. 

Hope you'll love this chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comment :)

...........................................................................................

"Khushi, I have fallen in love with you. I can't help it but I am telling you the truth. I love you Khushi"

Khushi couldn't believe what she was hearing. She has been dreaming to hear these words from Arnav and now he is uttering the same words. She was on cloud nine.

He is in love with her, and her love finally succeeded. It is no longer a one-sided love.

"Arnav Ji.....I...."

Before she could continue Arnav cut her off.

"Khushi, I know it might come as a shocker but believe me. I think I have been in love with you ever since I saw you. I only realized it that day at my sister's house. It's because I love you, I did not want to be selfish with you Khushi"

"Arnav Ji..."

"Please Khushi, let me finish. I don't want you to say you love me back just because you think it's the right thing to do. I am a divorcee Khushi, I have a daughter, and I come with baggage. You have a beautiful life ahead Khushi, you deserve someone far better than me. You deserve a life full of happiness."

"But Arnav Ji,"

He again cut her off making Khushi's anger rise to the top.

"Khushi, you do not deserve to carry someone else's baggage. It's the only reason I kept myself away from you. You have finished your studies now and soon you'll find a better job and soon you'll forget about all of this. And I don't blame you, because that's the life you should live"

"Arnav Ji, please, let me talk. I have one question for you, can I breathe?"

"What? Breath? Khushi, I don't understand. Why would you ask me?"

"Because I also don't understand Arnav Ji. It seems you are making all the decisions for me. How should I live, what do I deserve, whom should I love, etc? So I thought I might ask your decision on this, what do you think, should I breathe or not?"

"What the hell Khushi, do you find this funny?"

"It is funny Arnav Ji. Because last I checked, I am 23 years old, soon going to be 24. An adult who can think for herself, an adult who can decide for herself, and an adult who is capable of speaking for herself"

"Why are you overreacting Khushi? I was simply trying to keep you safe. I didn't want you to feel any obligations towards my feelings"

"This is exactly what I am trying to tell you, Arnav Ji. I do not want you to save me. Your support, yes. Your trust, yes but otherwise I am capable of handling myself. I left home when I was 20. Since then I have been handling myself alone"

"Khushi, I know that. But that situation and this situation are different. It's your future we are talking about"

"Who are you to decide what's best for my future? Once, just for once did you think of sharing your feelings and asking me what my answer is?"

"Khushi, I... I... it's not fair for you. I did not want to put you on the spot"

"As I expected. Basically, no, you did not think of sharing. Why Arnav Ji? Why? Don't you have the tiniest trust in me? You think this low of me that I am incapable of making a decision?"