Chapter 08

Khushi was making breakfast in the kitchen and Sifu was having a PB&J sitting across the kitchen island.

"Good Morning my favorite niece and my favorite girl"

Khushi heard Akash and turned her head around to see him walking towards the kitchen island and taking a seat next to Sifu.

"Aku Chachu, good morning" greed the little girl with a big smile. Sifu always loved having him around.

"She is your only niece and btw, good morning"

"Ha ha, very funny Khushi"

"Anyway, how have you been Akash, it has been almost a month since we saw you last"

"I've been a bit busy Khushi, then I went to Goa with my guys for a week and got home last night"

"Akash, when are you going to be serious in your life?"

"Khushi, being serious will give you nothing but stress. I love this free life."

"What she meant was when are you going to be a little responsible in your life, you Idiot"

Both Khushi and Akash turned their heads to see Arnav entering the kitchen dressed for work.

Arnav had his shirt, pant, and waistcoat on, the first few buttons on his shirt were open, the tie was hanging loosely around his neck and the shirt sleeves was rolled up halfway.

Khushi looked at both brothers. Both of them are smart, but Arnav was extremely hot. It's just not his looks, his personality, and his aura. Akash is more of a carefree bird who flies around, with no sense of responsibility or no aim in life. He is unreliable.

Akash lives in the moment whereas Arnav, who is more composed, has a great sense of responsibility, works hard to provide for the family, and is a very reliable person.

Most of the time, girls tend to attract towards the guys like Akash, who showers them with gifts, who are more adventurous, and rebellious but not Khushi. Khushi has always been drawn to guys who are more sophisticated, more like Arnav. Maybe that's because she grew up looking up to her father who worked hard to provide for his family.

Poor Akash, he was thinking he is impressing Khushi with his bad boy avatar but in reality, his brother was earning all the brownie points without even trying.

"Good Morning Papa"

"Good Morning my angel. How are you today?"

The little girl replied Arnav with a bright smile. His voice bought Khushi back to the present. She saw Arnav walking in towards the kitchen.

"Morning Arnav Ji, give me a min, your breakfast is almost ready"

"Morning Khushi, I actually have to leave early today. So thanks, but I'll just have a coffee"

Saying he took his mug out to prepare himself a coffee.

"But, it will only take a minute, by the time you get ready it'll be done"

"I already planned to have breakfast with those clients, so that's fine."

"Ok, then you go and get ready, I'll bring your coffee"

"Thanks, Khushi"

Saying that he walked out of the kitchen caressing Sifu's cheek leaving Khushi, Sifu, and much-surprised Akash alone in the kitchen.

Akash was taken aback. Since when are they on a first-name basis? And they looked very comfortable around each other. When he met them last time, they were Miss. Gupta and Mr. Arnav, Khushi was dead scared of his brother and his brother was making her life miserable. What changed between them? Akash didn't like where this was going.