Chapter 13

Arnav felt bad for leaving Khushi alone in there with his mom and sister. He knows how brutal they are when they "want to get to know" someone. They'll end up making Khushi embarrassed enough for the next three generations. He has to go back and save her from that torture. 

He was about to enter when he heard Anjali asking about her boyfriend.

Arnav has nothing to do with it. She made it clear in her interview that she will never let her personal life affect this job so why should he bother? 

Yet, his inner self wanted to know the answer to that and the conversation continued until Khushi confirmed there is nothing between her and Akash. Arnav heard every bit of it and he felt as if someone has lifted a burden out of him.

The million-dollar question is why he felt like that. If someone asked him, he knew he did not have an answer.

"Mom, Di, if you guys are done with your interrogation, would you mind leaving Khushi alone?"

"Possessive much huh?"

Said Anjali so that only three of them can hear.

"Shut up Di, you are making her embarrassed with all your nonsense"

"Chote, your sister is right, you act as if she is your private property"

"Actually she kind of is. She is Sifu's nanny, and she is damn good at it. When I hired her for this job I in a way took her responsibility"

"Chote don't you think you are giving her extra attention? You have never introduced us to a nanny in this way"

"Di, she is the only one who lasted this long. And before you start again with your why I have not fired her yet chant, I should say she is so far doing her job well, better than I expected actually. The most important thing is Sifu likes having her around. So please, do not make it hard for her to do this job"

"We were only trying to get to know her Chote"

"Mom, I know you well, so do not try to play this card with me. I know why you want to get to know her. I am sorry to burst your little bubble mom, but whatever you are thinking is not happening. So it's better you let it go"

Saying that Arnav walked towards Khushi.

Khushi saw three of them talking and Arnav looked serious but they were talking at low volume so she didn't hear what they were talking about.

"Khushi, Sifu looks tired. It's way past her bedtime so can you please take her to her room"

"Ok Arnav Ji, I will take her. Is it ok if I stayed with her until she falls asleep? or do you want me to come down?"

"That's fine Khushi, you must be tired too. You have been running around the whole day so you should rest too. I know my family, they won't leave for another few hours so you don't have to stay up. Ok?"

"Ok, Arnav Ji, good night"

"Good night Khushi"

Khushi bid good night to the rest of the family and went to her room with Sifu. The little girl was half asleep when they reached her room.

"Sifu, are you tired baby?"

"Kuchi, Sifu is sleepy"

"Let's have a quick brush and a shower and then we can sleep ok?"

"Can I sleep with you, please"

Khushi remembered her conversation with Arnav last night. He talked all nonsense but never said anything against Sifu sleeping with Khushi. So why not, thought Khushi.