Chapter 40

The house was perfect. This was a one-story house with a big front lawn and a big backyard. All fenced around with security and protection. A house where Sifu can grow up without having to live inside four walls all the time.

The house had 5 rooms. One master, one small study and three bedrooms. Khushi chose the Bedroom in front of the master bedroom for Sifu. The last bedroom by the hallway which was further to the master but was almost as big as the master was chosen for Akash. That way all of them will have a little privacy.

The kitchen was exactly the way Khushi wanted it to be. The living room and the dining room were perfect for Khushi.

"Omg Arnav Ji, this house like exactly like what I imagined. Thank You so much"

"You are welcome Khushi. I have given you the house so start making it home now"

"With you and Sifu by my side, I am already home Arnav Ji"

"Shall we go now? You have a house to decorate and we have a housewarming party to plan"

Khushi took photos of the house to show Akash and Payal. She called her father on their way home and invited him to come and visit them when they move to the new house.

"Khushi, I was thinking of inviting NK for dinner sometimes this week"

"What? NK? As in Lavanya's NK? Arnav Ji, are you sick? I mean you loth that person"

"Well, I have given it a thought, and realised, it was not only me who got cheated, he was cheated as well. Lavanya basically used both of us"

"That's true but do you want that person back in your life?"

"Well, to tell you the truth, Akash and I were not this close when NK was in my life. But now, Akash and I are at the best of our relationship"

"Then why do you try to jeopardise that by inviting the trouble, Arnav Ji? I understand NK was your friend and he got cheated on by Lavanya. But he is not a kid. If he was genuinely sorry, he shouldn't have waited this long to apologise. His apology felt like out of convenience"

"I totally get it Khushi. But I want to leave my past behind when we move into the new house. I do not want anything from my past to come in the middle after that. That's why I thought, for once and for all, talk to him, get everything cleared and cut him out from my life for good."

"If you think you can do that without getting affected again I am with you, Arnav Ji"

"Khushi, you felt bad for Lavanya, the woman who pointed at your character. So NK is nothing compared to her"

"I understand where you are coming from Arnav Ji. Let's call him tomorrow and get this thing out of the way for good"

Arnav and Khushi reached home and Khushi was so excited to show the new house to Akash. They both agreed they will keep this a secret from Sifu and once the house is decorated they'll surprise her with her new Princess-themed room.

Akash was touched by Arnav and Khushi's gesture. They not only are a new life in a new house, but they have also included him in their life.

"Khushi, I don't think it's a good idea for me to move in with you guys. I will keep this apartment"

"Akash, your brother is not the easiest to live with. Isn't it Arnav Ji? So I will need someone to complain about him. If you aren't there, with whom I can complain about Arnav Ji"

"Wow! Khushi, I must give this to you. I am standing right here, yet you have the nerve to plan against me. That too, with my brother"

It took Arnav and Khushi much longer than they expected to convince Akash. However, in the end, he agreed to stay with them until he and Payal plan their future.