Chapter 16

Arnav woke up to the vibration of his phone. He saw 10 missed calls from his PA and looked at the time. It was past 9.

"I slept through the clock, damn I am late for work" thinking Arnav tried to get up but was pulled back on the bed by the weight on his left arm.

He turned around to see what that was and was shocked to see the scene in front of him.

Sifu was hugging Arnav and was sleeping on his left side while Khushi was hugging Sifu and sleeping next to her. Khushi's body was on top of Arnav's left hand which was wrapped around her security.

He remembered the events of last night, how he and Khushi thought to go back to their respective rooms after Sifu fell asleep. 

When Arnav felt sleepy he closed his eyes thinking Khushi will leave soon and he and Sifu can sleep on the bed. But he did not realize Khushi has also stayed back.

Arnav tried to move his hand without waking Sifu or Khushi up but ended up waking Khushi up.

"Arnav Ji?"

"Morning Khushi, can you please move, I can't feel my arm"

That's when Khushi saw their position and her eyes and mouth fell open. She thought Arnav went back to his room last night. 

But looks like both of them had miscalculated the plan. She quickly got up and moved away from the bed.

"Khushi, when you are ready come down we need to talk"

Arnav left the room and whet to his room to have a shower then went down to the living area. Khushi followed him shortly after and she knew this talk is not going to be pleasant.

"Arnav Ji, I am sorry, I actually meant to go back to my room last night but I don't know when I fell asleep"

"Khushi, no need to apologize. Sifu was feeling sick and we both wanted to stay with her. I know it's an unusual circumstance but what happened has happened. Not worth weighing it in"

"I understand Arnav Ji. It shouldn't matter isn't it?"

"Exactly my point. We both are adults and we both know it was nothing, do you understand Khushi?"

Khushi node her head saying yes but inside she was crying. That means last night meant nothing to him. So it is clear he only means business. 

She might be falling for him but he defiantly is not. Khushi didn't know how to react. Well, at least it's one-sided, so she has no chance of getting hurt. But to hear it from him was hurting.

Arnav tried his best to keep a straight face, last night meant everything to him. It made him dream about a happy family again. It made him realize he can be happy again but at what cost?

 He is a divorcee, he is a single dad. He comes with baggage and it is not fair for Khushi to carry that baggage. She deserves a better future.

He delivered this whole speech so that she won't dare to enter that territory. Only if he knew she has already entered the territory. Not only she has entered, but she has also already created her little nest in there. It was just a matter of time before that nest grow to be a palace.

He looked at Khushi for one last time before leaving there but her facial expression shocked him and he stood there with mixed feelings.

Was that disappointment he saw on her face? Was that hurt he saw on her face or was that anger he saw on her face? and that thought made him see this situation from a different aspect.

"Arnav, Khushi is an adult, she is capable of taking decisions for herself. You are no one to decide her future. Just because you spent additional 5 years in this world doesn't give you the right to choose for her. Let her choose what's best for her"