Chapter 11

Hope you are enjoying the story so far. Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Happy Reading!

........................................................................................................

"Kuchi, Sifu is hungry"

Khushi woke up to a tap on the shoulder and opened her eyes. There stood Sifu holding her teddy bear. Khushi quickly got up and saw Sifu has already brushed her teeth and changed into her day cloth.

"Omg, it's 9.00 already and I have slept through the clock. Arnav Ji will kill me today. Sifu give Khushi 5 mins ok? I will quickly get ready and come"

Khushi had the quickest shower in her life then got ready quickly and went to the kitchen with Sifu. She was relieved to see the kitchen empty. So Arnav wasn't up yet.

She quickly made Sifu her breakfast and started making breakfast for Arnav and herself.

"Good Morning Papa"

"Good Morning Angel, you had your breakfast?"

"Yes papa, I got more jam today"

Arnav knew the reason for her to get more Jam today. He woke up around 8.30 in the morning and helped Sifu to get ready as well. Sifu pinky promised him that she will not tell Khushi he was the one who helped her get ready.

Arnav knew Khushi must be still sleeping and he was the reason for it. Therefore he let her sleep and went to have a shower. But by the time he finished dressing up, Sifu has already woken Khushi up.

"Really, someone is lucky today with their Jam"

Khushi saw him walking inside the kitchen and tried her best to act normal.

"Good Morning Arnav Ji"

"Morning Khushi"

"The breakfast is ready"

"Thanks,, I'll....."

Before he finished his sentence they heard the front door opening.

"Good morning my lovely friends and family" entered Akash.

"Aku Chachu....."

"Hello princess"

"Akash, what a surprise, two mornings in a row, what a treat"

"Bhai, I know you love to see my face every morning, but the thing is if you see it every day I'll lose the charm, that's why I take a break in the middle"

"There are enough idiots walking in my office Akash, so if I want to see an idiot's face I'll simply look at one of them, so don't give yourself credit"

"See Khushi, jealousy. He knows I am smarter than him so this is jealousy speaking"

Khushi didn't comment but smiled at his comment. What is she supposed to say,

"No, your brother is freakishly hot and way better looking than you" 

So it's better to keep her mouth shut. She embarrassed herself enough last night.

Akash sat next to Sifu grabbing a juice box from the fridge.

"The breakfast is ready, shall I take it to the dining table?"

"I'll have my coffee first Khushi"

Saying that Arnav walked near the pantry to grab a coffee mug and at the same time Khushi turned around to move. Yet again both of them collided but this time Khushi managed to balance herself but was caged between the kitchen aisle and Arnav.

Arnav stood in front of Khushi holding the coffee mug he took out from the top cabinet and Khushi stood there facing Arnav with the plate of Paratas. Their eyes found their way to each other and time again stopped for both of them.

Arnav and Khushi were looking into each other's eyes while the events of last night started flooding again. Khushi felt her body warming up and she couldn't take Arnav's intense gaze anymore yet she was so weak to move away from it.

Akash didn't miss this. It was evident that something is brewing between them. It didn't take him long to realize he is in fact chasing a mirage. Khushi can never be his. He has known her for years now but has never seen her looking at him the way she is looking at Arnav now. There may or may not be something between his brother and Khushi but he was sure there will never be anything between him and Khushi other than friendship.

He was hurt, he was disappointed and he was heartbroken. But he was not going to risk their friendship to achieve a miracle. Khushi's friendship mattered to him more than his own feelings.

It will take time, but he will bounce back. It's better this way, thought Akash. Khushi will never know his side of the story so there won't be any obstacle to their friendship.

Akash was an adventurous, carefree, rebellious boy but he had a heart of gold. He was not a person who took revenge or who made others miserable. Maybe Khushi is not the girl for him, there might be someone else out there made for him. He has seen what his brother had to go through because he rushed through his life and Akash wasn't going to take that risk.

"Ahem....."

Akash cleared his throat bringing Arnav and Khushi back to reality.

"I'll go set the table up"

Saying Khushi quickly moved away from Arnav. Both of them sacrificed their sleep to plan an escape route last night but ended up in the pothole once again.

"Here, let me help you Khushi because my brother won't bother helping"

"Shut up Akash"

Arnav prepared a coffee for himself and walked to the dining table with Sifu.

All three of them had a quiet breakfast. Arnav and Khushi were purposely avoiding each other while Akash tried not to think about what just happened. Poor Sifu, without knowing what these adults are going through continued with her small talk.

After lunch, Khushi started preparing for dinner and Akash and Sifu helped her with all the chopping, washing, and cleaning.

Arnav purposely avoided the kitchen not wanting to be in another awkward position. As much as he wanted to join the trio, he knew that is a bad idea. After all, he should not be the third wheel for Akash and Khushi. He has already done enough damage.

Around 3 in the evening Arnav heard the doorbell and opened the door to welcome his mother and father.

"Namaste Mom and Dad, how are your holiday?"

"Namaste Chote, it was great. Finally, I was able to relax. Because your papa forgot his mistress at home. So it was only two of us there"

"Mistress?"

"What she meant was my Laptop. She calls it her mistress"

Sifu saw her grandparents and ran toward them to hug them.

"My darling Sifu, how are you? We missed you so much. Wait, you have grown up a lot in this month, in no time you'll pass my height"

Said Renuka hugging her granddaughter.

Akash also came and greeted his parents while Khushi stood near the kitchen entrance. She didn't want to interfere with the family reunion.

Arnav saw Khushi standing there and walked towards her.

"Khushi, come I'll introduce you to them. Don't be afraid, they are the sweetest people you can meet. My father looks tough but he is very sweet"

Khushi silently followed Arnav while Aravind and Renuka looked at the couple walking toward them.

One look at Renuka and Aravind knew she is planning Arnav's wedding in her mind.