Chapter 06

"Kuchi, Papa coming today?"

"No sweetheart, papa will come tomorrow. Are you missing him?"

"Yes, but not like before. Sifu had no Kuchi before. Now Sifu has Kuchi"

If someone asks Khushi what's the meaning of innocence she would point at Sifu. This little girl has a heart of gold.

"And Kuchi will be with Sifu always ok my darling?"

Sifu ran towards Khushi and hugged her. Poor girl, she had to stay inside the whole day today. It was raining the whole day. Khushi prepared Sifu's dinner along with hers.

"Sifu, let's have dinner together and sleep early today. It's raining so we can't do much"

By the time they both finished their dinner and Khushi finished cleaning the kitchen it was already time for Sifu to sleep. Khushi took her to her room, tucked her and kissed her good night then went to her room.

Khushi also tucked herself inside the blanket after having a quick shower. It was lightning and thundering outside. She was praying for this weather to change soon. Khushi hated when it was thundering and lightning. It gave her negative vibes. She was about to close her eyes when the joining door in her room opened and there stood Sifu holding her sleeping teddy.

"Kuchi, Sifu scared. Can I sleep with you?"

"Oh my baby, come here, you don't need to ask, you are always welcome to come and sleep here"

Sifu quickly jumped into Khushi's bed and hugged her.

"Kuchi, can you tell a story?"

"Why not sweetheart, Umm... here you go, one upon a time .........."

Sifu and Khushi both fell asleep hugging each other in the middle of the story.

Arnav finished his conference earlier than he expected. Therefore, rather than waiting an additional day, he took an earlier flight to come home. Since it was late at night he didn't bother informing Khushi. They will be sleeping by the time he reaches home and he can talk to her in the morning.

He got home in the middle of the heavy rain. Once he had a shower and changed his clothes he went to Sifu's room to check on her. His heart stopped when he saw the empty bed. It was 1 in the morning, so there was no chance Sifu is up or walked out. He looked around everywhere and his anger rose to another high.

How many times did he ask Khushi to keep an eye on his daughter? It only took her 48 hours. He opened the conjoining door furiously. He is going to kill her, she has not seen his wrath yet.

However, the scene in that room not only melted his anger but also gave him a new perspective to think.

Sifu and Khushi were sleeping and hugging each other. Sifu was on top of Khushi while Khushi's arms were protectively wrapped around Sifu. He looked at Khushi and felt ashamed of his way of thinking.

Is Sifu missing the warmth of a mother? Is he missing having someone to share his life with?

He slowly closed the door behind him and went to his room. Sleep is nowhere near. The image of Sifu and Khushi keeps on coming. What is this girl doing to him? She is not another ordinary girl, that much Arnav understood.

After turning and tossing for a few hours Arnav fell asleep early in the morning.

"Good Morning Kuchi, Sifu had a good night"

Both Khushi and Sifu slept till late. It was almost 10 in the morning when they woke up.

"Good morning sweetheart, Khushi also had a good night. Come on, let's have a bath and get ready. Your papa is coming today"