Chapter 20

"Chote, so you guys are coming tomorrow aren't you?"

"For the last time Di, yes we are"

"You are bringing Khushi with you aren't you?"

"Di, I remember you were saying, family dinner means family dinner, not friends, family, and others dinner. So what's with the change?"

"Haha, very funny. I was only telling Akash not to bring his uni friends to a family dinner"

"Well, Khushi is sort of Akash's uni friend Di"

"Chote, I don't know what is going on in your life but this new Chote is kind of annoying"

"Di, it's not like I have reborn. I am the same Arnav ok. I have to finish work now so if I tell you Khushi is also coming, would you let me disconnect this call?"

"That's more like my Chote. Yeah, just promise me she is coming and you are free to go"

"Ok Di, I promise. I feel sorry for your clients, instead of working on their cases, you are here torturing your bother"

"Yeah yeah, find someone else to help your company. I am sending my resignation"

"Bye Di"

"Chote, I am serious"

"Good Bye Di"

"Argh, bye Chote"

Arnav finished for the day and left the office earlier than his usual time. Today Khushi took a day off to submit her Thesis and Arnav's mother came to babysit Sifu. He wanted to go home a little early so that his mother can go back. While driving he spotted Sifu's favorite cupcake place and thought to buy some for Sifu. It has been months since he bought her cupcakes. Arnav parked his car and went inside the cafe.

"Khushi, we need a treat. You are done with your studies. No more late-night thesis writing"

"Come on guys, I have to go home. Renuka Ji is baby sitting Sifu. Arnav Ji comes late so I'll have to go home so that Renuka Ji can leave"

"Oh please Khushi, my mom is not a kid who can't stay up till late. Dad will send the driver when she is ready to go" Said Akash.

"Yes Khushi, no excuses today. Akash's brother gave you the day off so let's go"

Payal and Akash got very close over the last few months. Khushi was busy with her work and even the Sundays she chose to spend with Sifu so Payal was feeling a little left out. On the other hand, Akash wanted to stay away from the house so he and Payal started hanging out more.

"Ok, but a quick treat. Let's go to that cupcake shop. I can buy something for Sifu as well"

Payal waited for Akash to move away and said,

"Khushi, don't forget you are doing a job. You are not Sifu's mother but her nanny"

"Payal, I know I am doing a job and I can never be Sifu's mother. But at the moment, I am the closest she has to a mother. I don't know how long I will be her nanny but until I leave this job I am trying my best to keep that little girl happy"

"I don't know Khushi, I can only warn you, playing with fire is a dangerous game. You can end up burnt to ashes"

"Please Payal, let's not talk about this"

Akash came back with a table number and all three of them placed their order and took a seat. That's when Akash saw Arnav entering the cafe.

"Bhai?"

As soon as Khushi heard Akash, she got up. She didn't see Arnav but hearing his name was enough to make Khushi nervous.

"Arnav Ji? Where? What?"