Chapter 04

Hope you are enjoying the story so far.  Happy reading! 

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

.......................................................................... 

Khushi had a good night's sleep after years. Campus hostel was not a place for a person like Khushi. She loved being inside and reading while almost the rest of the hotel loved to party all night, drink, and go clubbing. All that noise was giving her headaches every day. Even after 2 years she never managed to adapt herself to that noise and the environment.

Arnav's house is a quiet place. The house sounds alive when Sifu is up. As soon as she goes to sleep, the whole house becomes quieter. Khushi preferred this atmosphere. One thing she picked about Arnav is that he is not a small talker. He spoke to the point, no beating around the bush. Just the way Khushi likes.

She woke up to the sound of her alarm. It's 6.30 in the morning. She was about to get down when she saw a little figure entering her room through the connecting door.

"Good Morning Kuchi" Khushi heard the soft voice and she loved how Sifu pronounced her name.

"Very good morning Sifu baby" Khushi pulled the little girl towards her and gave her a big hug.

"Sifu brush" saying that Sifu ran towards her washroom. Khushi has to give it to Arnav. Even after being one of the busiest people in the country, he sure has taught this kid good qualities. A 3-year-old knowing that they need to brush and get ready for the day is not something you see every day.

Khushi followed Sifu to her washroom and helped her with her brushing and give her a nice hot bath.

Sifu was a very independent kid. Especially for her age. She chose her outfit, she knew how to brush her teeth, and she started her conversation by saying good morning like an adult. While Sifu was getting ready, Khushi had a quick shower and got ready for the day.

Arnav woke up to the sound of his daughter's laughter. He saw the clock and it was almost 7.00 am. Usually, Sifu comes to his room and wakes him up. Arnav had a quick shower and changed into track pants and a t-shirt then came downstairs praying Sifu is not alone in the kitchen. The scene in the kitchen almost melted his heart.

Khushi was preparing the PB&J sandwich and Sifu was giving her orders like a boss.

"No Kuchi, more Jam"

"This?"

"More"

"Sifu, my darling this is too much Jam. Your tummy will hurt if you eat this. Shall I scrape some out?"

"But Sifu loves Jam"

"Ok, I will leave it on, but you have to promise me from tomorrow only 2 spoons of Jam?"

"Sifu promise, pinky promise" 

The little girl was so happy after getting an extra spoonful of Jam on her toast. 

Arnav had a small smile on his lips. This is such a sweet scene to witness in the morning. If Lavanya has given this marriage the tiniest chance, their life could be like this. The mere thought of Lavanya was enough to make his smile disappear. Arnav walked towards the kitchen cleaning his throat.

"Good Morning Mr. Arnav"

"Morning Miss. Gupta, and good morning my little angel" said Arnav while hugging Sifu.

"Papa, Sifu got more Jam"

"Really, is Sifu being naughty?"

"No papa, promise"