Chapter 15

Happy hump day everyone :) Please enjoy chapter 15. Happy reading!

Please don't forget to vote and comment :)

.....................................................................................................................

Love is not something you go out and look for. Love finds you and when it does, ready or not, it'll be the best thing to ever happen to you. 

Only once in your life, you'll find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved, and the many disappointments life has thrown at you.

Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy, or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are.

It has been a week since the kitchen incident. Akash has started spending less time at home once again. If he leaves the house it will raise suspicion. Therefore, he decided he will only come home once a week for the night.

However, Khushi and Arnav were busy fighting their own emotions to notice that. Akash was the least of their problem.

Neither of the spoke about that night while trying their best to act normal and to avoid each other whenever it is possible.

It is now a fact that they both have feelings for each other. Khushi admitted to the fact she is falling for him but she did not have the nerve to confess it.

"Sifu, baby you haven't touched your breakfast. Do you want me to make something else for you?"

Sifu only gestured no. Khushi felt something is wrong. Usually, Sifu is more cheerful and talks nonstop while having breakfast.

"Sifu are you ok sweetheart?"

Khushi walked towards Sifu and saw she looked pale.

"Good Morning my little angel"

Arnav entered the Kitchen with his suit on.

"Arnav Ji, I think Sifu is not feeling well. She hardly spoke today, didn't even look at her breakfast and she looks pale"

"WHAT???????"

Arnav went towards Sifu.

"Khushi, take her to her room and I will call the doctor, now"

"Ok Arnav Ji, Sifu baby, let's go to your room and rest ok?"

Without any fuss, Sifu jumped into Khushi's arms and Arnav followed them trying to get hold of their family doctor. Khushi kept Sifu on the bed, took a hot water towel, and put it on top of her little forehead.

"Hello, Dr. Sharma, please?

".........."

"What?"

"..............."

"Yes damn it, I need a doctor, if Dr. Sharma is on leave, send me another doctor. My daughter is not feeling well"

"..............."

"Whatever"

Arnav disconnected the call angrily murmuring, "Idiot"

"Arnav Ji, what happened?"

"Our family doctor is on leave for 3 days and this idiot receptionist ask me whether I would like to wait for him to return or need another doctor to come and check Sifu. What kind of question is that"

"Calm down Arnav Ji, another doctor will come soon and Sifu will be fine. You losing it will not help"

"I understand Khushi, but how can people be so stupid?"

"Let it go, Arnav Ji, I will go and get Sifu a warm glass of milk, you please stay with her"

"Thank You Khushi"

After an hour later a new doctor came to check up on Sifu.

"Hi, I am Dr. Singh, Sorry Dr. Sharma is on leave and I am his replacement for the time being. What seems to be the problem Mr. Raizada?"

"Hello Doctor, nice to meet you. It's my 3-year-old daughter. She didn't have her breakfast and she looked pate. She usually is a very cheerful kid but today it looks like she has no energy left"

"Ok, let me check"

After checking Sifu for several minutes the doctor stood up,

"Mr. Raizada, your daughter has a mild fever. Nothing to worry about. Her body temperature is a little high but she'll be normal in a day or two. Please give her this medicine only if her temperature goes up. Otherwise give her lots of fluid, no solid food for at least two days and her fever should be down"

Saying that the doctor turned around to see Khushi who is now sitting by Sifu changing the hot water towel and continued,

"Keep doing that Mrs. Raizada. This will help the temperature to go down. I will take your leave now and don't hesitate to call me if needed"

The doctor left the room giving Arnav and Khushi the shock of their lives. Neither of them even had time to correct him. It's not the doctor's fault either. The situation looked like it.

"Umm, I'll be back Khushi"

Arnav didn't want to be in that room. He wanted out, he wanted some time to get his head around.

So the doctor thought Khushi was his wife. What's the big deal? Anyone could make that mistake thought Arnav.

"Keep it together Khushi. The doctor made a mistake so what, don't overthink it" Khushi assured herself.

This incident will also go into that box of let's not talk about it. Neither of them realized that this box can overflow one day.

Sifu was feeling much better by evening. She had the soup Khushi gave and her temperature was down by her sleeping time.

Arnav and Khushi quickly finished their dinner and went to Sifu's room to check up on her.

"Sifu, baby, how are you feeling now?"

"Good papa. No head ouch"

"That's good, now be a good girl and sleep ok?"

Khushi tucked her in when Arnav gave Sifu a good night kiss. Arnav and Khushi were about to leave the bedside when they felt a little hand holding their pinkie.

"Papa, Kuchi, can you sleep with me? Please?"

Both of them didn't know how to respond to that request. Sifu is not old enough to understand the emotions they are feeling.

Just because they can't handle their emotions, why should they make a small 3-year-old disappointed?

Arnav looked at Khushi and Khushi did the same. He raised his eyebrows and she answered by slowly closing her eyelids.

"Of course sweetheart, we'll stay with you until you go to sleep"

Saying that Arnav lay down on the right side while Khushi lay down on the left side keeping Sifu in the middle.

Since Sifu's bed was smaller than their usual beds, both of them needed little adjusting but it was only for a few minutes until Sifu falls asleep. Then they can go back to their respective rooms, as planned. But,

Within a few minutes, both of them ended up sleeping before Sifu. 

There is something to be said about two people who find each other among millions. No matter what situations they end up in or how far apart they become - they come back to each other. Those are the people who have a little thing called fate on their side. It's almost like the world is saying, 'stop separating, you are meant to be together.