Epilogue

"Chote, isn't she glowing?"

"Yes Di, but her mode-swings can be nasty"

"Oh come on Chote, pregnancy suits her well. I was afraid of Sifu but she is taking it well as well"

"I know, Khushi was afraid to tell Sifu about her pregnancy thinking she'll feel insecure but she took it well"

"Sifu is mature for her age. She knows what's right and wrong"

"She had the best teacher in the world to teach her all these Di. I still can't believe what my life would look like if not for Khushi. She took both of us under her wings like an angel. That's what Sifu calls her"

"Do not look back Chote. The past is there only to show us the path, the present is what we make out of it and the future is where we should be headed"

"True Di. And I am so happy you both decided to adopt. You are giving life to a kid Di. I am so proud of you two"

"When I saw you and Khushi facing all the odds together for Sifu, I thought I need that in my life. So what if I can't have a kid of my own? Khushi has shown all of us that it does not matter who gives birth, what matters is who raises the kid"

"Arnav Ji, Anjali Ji, come on, it's time for the reception ceremony. Akash wants you two by his side"

"What about you Khushi?"

"Arnav Ji, I am going to be with Payal. She is like a sister I never had so I will be next to her"

All three of them walked towards the newlywed couple, Akash and Payal to walk with them to the reception.

It has been two years since Arnav and Khushi got married. They are now happily living in the house they moved into two years ago. Three of them turned that house into a beautiful home.

Khushi is now working as a child phycologist in a children's hospital and she is 6 months pregnant now.

Arnav has been the most perfect husband one can ask for. He is always there for Khushi and Sifu. His family matters to him more than anything in the world.

Sifu is growing up to be a beautiful young girl. She has her father's wit and sharp mind and her mother's soft heart and kindness. Khushi has been the strongest pillar in her life.

Akash proposed to Payal which she accepted and they got married after 8 months. Today is their wedding reception.

Shyam and Anjali decided to adopt a kid as they felt their life is incomplete without one.

Renuka and Aravind are the happiest parents you could think of. After everything that happened years back, all three of their kids are now having the time of their lives.

Everyone moved their way to the dance floor where Arnav took Khushi's hand and walked her towards the tables.

"Khushi, you look beautiful today. I must be the luckiest man on this earth to have someone like you in my life. "

"Arnav Ji, this is the hundredth time you told me this"

"And I meant it each time Khushi"

They both sat on a small bench and looked at the family who were dancing as if no tomorrow. Khushi put her head on his shoulder and Arnav wrapped his arm around her.

"Look how far we've come Arnav Ji. Sifu is growing up to be a perfect young woman, we have this small life growing inside me and I can't ask for a better life than this"

"Khushi, you gave me all this. I was a wondering soul before I met you. You made my life Khushi"

"Arnav Ji, without you, I don't know where would I end up. You were always there for me guiding me throughout. Look at us now. Who would have thought we will end up like this after our first meeting"

Arnav suddenly moved away from Khushi,

"Khushi, close your eyes please"

"But Arnav Ji why?"

"Please, close your eyes"

She closed her eyes as Arnav asked her. She felt some movements around her and her curiousness took over her without waiting for Arnav to say she can open her eyes she opened them.

Arnav was in front of her, on one knee holding a red velvet box with the most beautiful ring in it.

"Arnav.. Ji.... this....?"

"Khushi, in you, my life becomes whole, with you my days become bright. In your hands I would love to lay, this night and for the rest of my life. You taught me the real meaning of love. I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you. Mrs Khushi Singh Raizada, would you do the honours of spending your whole life with me? Will you continue to be my wife and my happily ever after?"

Khushi couldn't stop her tears. She heard Akash making fun of Arnav multiple times for not proposing to her. Khushi never expected a proposal from Arnav. Their Wedding happened in a very unusual circumstance and she never felt bad about it.

However, this gesture and his words were making her cry. Those words touched her soul. This man never leaves a chance to surprise her and shower her with happiness.

Khushi bent a little down and cupped his face.

"Arnav Ji, Your love makes me a different person. I have felt things with you that I never thought I could feel before. This is precious and I don't want to lose this feeling ever. Words can't express how much you mean to me. Yes, I will happily continue to be your wife and your happily ever after. I love you, Arnav Ji"

Arnav put the ring on her finger and stood her up. He cupped her face and said,

"You are my everything Khushi, I love you"

He then moved his face close to her and captured her lips. 

And they all lived happily ever after!

The End

.........................................................................................