Chapter 23

"Khushi" 

Khushi was lighting up the oil lamps when she heard the husky voice behind her. She got up and slowly turned around to see Arnav standing a few feet away from her.

"Arnav Ji you?"

Arnav did not answer, instead, he started walking toward her. His eyes were fixed on hers. Today he is not going to listen to anyone. He will only listen to his heart and his heart is asking him to take every step toward Khushi.

For each step Arnav took forward, Khushi took one step backward until she hit the wall behind her. Khushi was about to leave there when Arnav caged her between him and the wall.

"Khushi"

Her name came out as a whisper. She heard him say her name million times but tonight it was something else. Her name sounded more sensuous and more heartfelt. 

He took her hands in his and again whispered,

"You look beautiful Khushi"

Khushi couldn't believe her ears. Arnav Singh Raizada has complimented her. She felts chills inside hearing his voice. The way he said it without breaking his gaze was something she can only dream of. 

"A...r..nav... Ji, I.. I..."

"Shh Khushi, not a single word"

He put his index finger over Khushi's lips asking her to stop talking. Then slowly moved his palms cupping her face. Khushi's eyes were shining, her lips were trembling and her body was responding to his every touch. 

Mentally, she knew what was going to happen, her inner self asked her to move, run, and save herself before it was too late but physically she had no strength left in her to run away from those chocolate-brown eyes. Her mind warned her but her heart was too adamant to listen to her mind.

Arnav on the other hand had no clue what he was doing. His senses, his mind, his brain everything was shut down. Only his heart worked today, only his heart had the capacity to control him. He was captured by his own heart.

Arnav's eyes moved from Khushi's eyes to her lips making her gulp. Khushi was breathing as heavily as she can. Arnav looked back at her as if asking for permission to which her eyes gave in without even wasting a second.

After looking at her for one last time Arnav closed the gap between them and his lips lightly touched hers when they both heard,

"Chote, Khushi, are you guys done with the lighting and with the lamps? Mom and Dad are here. Come down."

Anjali's voice broke the magical tranche Arnav and Khushi had, making them aware of the surrounding. Arnav quickly backed off and Khushi without giving it a second ran from there.

"Arnav, what were you thinking? You almost kissed her. You are not a teenager anymore. You have to control your emotions"

Arnav's conscious was blaming him while Khushi was totally lost. She ran away from the living room and stopped in the middle of the stairs.

"Have you gone mad Khushi, just because he asked you to be his pretend girlfriend for one day you were going to let him kiss you? What must he be thinking about you? You stupid girl"

"Khushi, are you ok?"

Anjali saw Khushi standing middle of the stairs and she looked lost.

"Yeah, Anjali Ji. I am fine"

"You don't look fine. Did something happen?"

"Something? No, no. nothing happened. Arnav Ji wasn't even there. So nothing happened"