Chapter 10

Why did you stop him? I didn't want to live, so what is the need to save someone like me? I have many things I wanted to scream at the person who is still standing in the air, but somehow I am not letting out a single word.

"But still I can hear you clearly, so stop thinking useless things" He spoke.

He can hear me?

"Yes, so just shut up"

"Who are you?"

"Do I have a reason to answer your stupid questions?"

His temper is worse. Whatever...

"I didn't ask you to save me, so why did you do that?" I yelled at him without a second thought but soon realized that I made a mistake.

He quickly grabbed my whole neck with his single hand and pinned me to the wall harshly. My hit got hit to the wall.

"Does it hurt?" He asked.

"Of course it did...you stupid!"

"I see," He said and slowly raised me up in the air, holding my neck. I can't breathe. He is holding my neck so tightly.

"Didn't you want to die? I can kill you too" He spoke, and a light flashed on him suddenly.

"You shouldn't do that, Lord Manik!" Someone yelled.

He left me suddenly, and I fell down on the ground, coughing.

"If you want to die so eagerly, die by yourself" He spoke, and I saw his face.

He has deep red eyes. His wings are pitch black. His body is pure white. He has fangs. He looks muscular and tall. He has a small beard. He looks gorgeous.

"I know" He replied.

"That's not for you!!"

Meanwhile, a person ran towards him.

"Lord Manik, you should not kill someone so easily. We have our ru--"

"Do I have to learn MY rules from someone like YOU now?" He glared at him...a death stare. The other person got afraid.

"I apologize my lord" He bowed.

Manik? Lord? Vampire?

He suddenly turned towards me.

"You look kind of familiar" he spoke, coming awfully close to my face.

"I---I didn't see you anywhere before" Why am I stuttering?

"That might be true too. I might not forget an ugly face like yours"

"Ugly???"

"Lord Adil!! What happened" The other person's screams disturbed me.

"Lock him in the dungeon" Manik ordered.

"Yes, my lord" The other person or the other vampire spoke as he took Adil in his arms and soon flew away.

"You saw too much to let you walk out of here alive" He spoke again coming towards me.

I flinched and took a step back. Wait. Why am I going back? I thought I am fine dying.

"Then why did you save me before?"

It almost looks like I am again asking him to try killing me!

"Because Adil will get crushed if he saw that he killed you with his hands" He spoke and his face...he is not looking at me.

"Anyway," He said, and looked straight into my eyes.

His red eyes are so mesmerizing. It is making me feel like a ray of warm sunshine on a very cool day. I am drowning. They feel so addicting.

"Forget everything you saw today"

-----------

"Die" My father squeezed my neck as hard as he can. This is different from before. He really is trying to kill me!

Do I want to fight back? Do I even have the right to live? I killed my mother, his love. He is angry so I should bear it, right?

As his grip became strong, my wish to push him away drew stronger.

I can't breathe. Leave me, father. Don't kill me. I am sorry that mom died because of me. But please don't kill me

Father

Father!!

Father!!!!!

---

I opened my eyes with a jerk. I looked all around, and I am lying on my bed and I might have fallen asleep. But what is this nightmare?

It felt so real. I can see the hatred in my father's eyes. He must hate me to the core to actually try to kill me, right?

But how did I reach home?

I tried thinking hard and I remembered. I went to Adil's workplace as usual and had dinner with him every day.

He closed the shop early today and walked with me to the park. We sat there for hours talking about life and many things, His eyes, color, hair everything shined in the moonlight, He is like an angel on earth.

His eyes were a little different today. They looked soft as if he was looking at his lover. With the awkwardness between us. He soon walked me home. I invited him for some noodles.

He didn't reject and walked inside. We ate and watched a movie before he left home. I locked the door and sat down, and that's when I might've fallen asleep.

But why does every memory feel like something I read in books or watch somewhere? Like it's in my memory, but I can't exactly recall it. Why? Maybe I am too tired?

I should just go to sleep.

---------------

Next day morning,

My father again appeared in my dreams. Squeezing my neck as if he really wants to kill me. I am unable to breathe, and it hurt like crazy. For some weird reason, he moved towards my neck as if he wants to bite. But he stopped and again squeezed my neck tightly until my head spins. Just when I was about to feel suffocating as if they are the last moments of my life.

I hear a voice.

His voice is rough and sounds like an order. He told my father to stop. He stopped and saved me. But I can't see his face.

He is tall. He is muscular. I can feel that. He is not saying a word. He is stopping my father and just looks at me. More like looking down on me.

"Do you want to die?" He is asking me.

Do I want to die? Do I really want to die?

Do I have an answer to that question?