Chapter 14

The evening shore with the slight orange shade of the sun is looking beautiful. Manik told me we will have dinner before we leave home, so I was enjoying this evening view of the sea so peacefully.

Manik was sitting right beside me. He is silent. I was lost in thoughts while the cold air made me sleepy. Sleeping on shore might not be so bad. He is beside me, so I don't need to worry much.

I slowly drifted to sleep.

-------

It is uncomfortable. I am too cold. What is happening? Where am I?

I opened my eyes, and I am lying on the sand sleeping. Oh, shoot! I slept here, right? I got up and wiped the sand off of me. Why the hell did Manik not wake me up? He told us we would have dinner right?

"Manik--" I turned around and there was no one beside me.

Where is he?

"Manik!"

"Manik..."

I was searching all sides and walked down the road searching for him. I couldn't find him.

Did he go back to the room? If so, why would he leave me alone?

Maybe I should go back to that hotel and ask in the reception. I turned back to leave, but I heard some small sounds coming from the alley beside me. It was dark to see.

"Anyone there?"

I heard no one replying, but I clearly heard some voice before. There is someone inside, so who is that?

"Ahhh" That was a scream!

From the alley. Someone is in trouble.

I ran inside.

"Hello, where are you, mam?"

It is too dark to see.

"Are you alright?" No one is replying. Did something big happen?

"Mam!" I called as I walked further inside.

I stopped suddenly, unable to move a step seeing the view in front of me.

There is a woman lying on the floor with blood marks. There is a man standing beside her. He is tall. Wearing black. His mouth is full of blood. His teeth are sharp and long like fangs. Looks more like he bit her and drank her blood.

Is she breathing?

I am trembling. I couldn't move front or back. He turned towards me, and I was stunned to see his face. His eyes are deep red and it is Manik.

His expressionless face with blood is scaring me. Who is he? How did he do that? What is happening?

Why do I feel like I faced this before? What's happening?

Ahhhh......... My head!!!

"Ah, you found out again!"

What is he saying? Again? I really saw something like this before. So why did I forget it?

My head! What is this pain?

What am I exactly forgetting? I pressed my head hard and struggled while everything that happened that night came into my mind.

They are vampires!

"This shit again!" His voice made me flinch.

"D--don't come near me"

I am scared. I thought I am fine to die, but today is not! Furthermore, I felt happy today after a long time, so I don't want to end myself on a day like this. No matter what he is. He made me smile, and that doesn't change.

"Shut up," He said and placed his hand on my face, covering my eyes.

Will he smash my skull or something? I am afraid.

"Sleep and wake up to forget everything again"

---------

Blood. There is blood everywhere. I see someone's eyes. Who is that? Whose is that blood? Why am I seeing this? Those eyes, those red eyes are intimidating.

His hands moved towards me. More towards my neck. Is he going to choke me? No, don't.

DON'T!!!

--------

I opened my eyes with a gasp. Where am I? I looked all around, and I am sitting in a car. There is a coat on top of me. I turned around and Manik is driving, and I am inside a car.

"Oh, you woke up?"

"Ah, yes. Did I fall asleep?"

"Yes, but don't worry, you didn't sleep much"

"When? What about dinner?"

I don't remember anything. When did we get here?

"Huh? You already forgot that we eat a very tasty dinner?"

Tasty? I don't remember eating anything. Why is my head hurting?

"Are you alright?"

Am I alright? Why can't I remember anything? This never happened to me before. I never forgot anything before.

Ahhh...my head!!!

"Yes, I am alright."

But I don't remember anything.

"You don't look so alright. Maybe you should sleep a bit more. I will wake you up when we reach your place"

Maybe I should do that. I must be tired. That's why maybe I am forgetting things.

My father used to hit my head many times. I was in the hospital with a head injury many times. A concussion too many times. All the scars on my head are proof.

Am I finally going insane? Are my head injuries affecting me now? Is it really because of that?

Should I meet a doctor? If it's like this, then I wish I could forget everything that happened in my life and start fresh.

My father, my mother, the hell I faced. I want to forget everything. No, I wish I could forget everything.

Now that I think about it... I am quite sleepy.

------

"ini...dini.... Nandini!"

Ahhh...

Where am I?

"We reached"

"Oh, I should get off then." I got down quickly.

"And thank you for everything today" I bent down and told him that.

He gave me a soft smile, bending on the steering wheel. He is looking so beautiful again.

"You're welcome" His voice is so soft and tender like he is speaking with his lover.

"Bye" I went back to my room and the first thing I did is look at myself in the mirror. I moved my hair back a little. The scars looked the same as usual. There is no blood or any wound. Everything looks normal, but it doesn't hurt to check with the doctor once.