Chapter 32

June 15

Surrounded by the medical team, Nandini's cries echoed through the sterile hospital room, each agonizing contraction a stark reminder of the impending arrival of her child. The doctors, one human and one vampire, worked tirelessly to guide her through the pain, their urgent instructions barely penetrating her haze of suffering.

As the contractions intensified, Nandini's screams grew louder, her grip on consciousness slipping with each passing moment. The scan had revealed that the baby was larger than expected, adding to the complexity of the situation. Meanwhile, the steady loss of blood left her teetering on the edge of unconsciousness, her vision blurring with each heartbeat.

Beside her, Manik stood, a silent sentinel of support in the chaos. Despite his proximity, Nandini refused to let him comfort her, her pain and frustration evident in her tear-streaked face. In the depths of her anguish, she felt his own frustration and helplessness radiating from him, a silent testament to the gravity of the situation.

Then, amidst the chaos, came the doctor's grim pronouncement – Nandini's blood loss was reaching critical levels, putting her life in jeopardy.

Manik's response was immediate and desperate, his voice cutting through the din of the room with startling clarity.

"At this rate Nadini might not be able to make it Manik. Hope for the best" His words struck like a lightening bolt to Manik. 

"Kill the baby but keep her alive," he demanded, his words shocking Nandini to her core.

"You don't have the right to decide that," she managed to gasp, her voice barely audible above the clamor of the room.

But Manik's resolve was unwavering, his grip on her hand firm and unwavering.

"You are more important to me. I don't care what happens to that baby as long as you are safe," he declared, his words a stark reminder of the depth of his love and devotion.

Nandini wanted to shake his hand off her but she couldn't looking at him trembling. 

The baby was born with many complications, making her unusually large, weighing in at 8 kilograms. She was a girl, a split image of Nandini, with delicate features and a tuft of dark hair. 

The doctor gently placed the baby in Manik's trembling hands, and he was taken aback by how fragile and small she seemed. As he gazed down at her, he couldn't help but marvel at the tiny perfection of her features, his heart swelling with a newfound sense of awe and responsibility.Carefully, he extended a finger towards her, and to his amazement, she grasped it tightly with her tiny hand. A surge of emotion washed over Manik as he felt a spark of connection with his 

daughter, a bond that transcended words or explanations.

Tears welled in his eyes as he held her close, his heart overflowing with love and wonder. The sight of his first child, so innocent and pure, caught him off guard, leaving him breathless with emotion.

"It's my daughter," he whispered softly, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead, his lips lingering on her delicate skin.

But his joy was short-lived as he turned to see Nandini losing consciousness suddenly, her fragile form growing limp in the hospital bed. Panic surged through Manik as he rushed to her side, his voice trembling with fear.

"Wake up. Don't die, please," he pleaded, his hands shaking as he reached out to her, desperate to rouse her from her unconscious state.

"We need to take her to the hospital immediately," the doctor announced, swiftly moving to prepare Nandini for transport.

Manik nodded, his heart pounding in his chest as he watched the medical team spring into action. With a wave of his hand, he used his supernatural powers to transport them all to the hospital's ICU, determined to do whatever it took to save Nandini and their precious daughter.

As the doctor ushered him out of the room, Manik could do nothing but wait, his mind consumed with worry for the woman he loved and the child they had brought into the world.

In the ICU, the medical team would immediately spring into action upon discovering that Nandini had stopped breathing. They would initiate cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to try to revive her. This involves a combination of chest compressions to manually pump blood through the body and rescue breaths to provide oxygen to the lungs.

As the medical staff worked tirelessly to revive her, the tension filled the room. Manik would stand outside the ICU, his heart heavy with fear and uncertainty. He could hear the sounds of the medical equipment beeping in the background, each beep a reminder of the precariousness of Nandini's condition.

Inside the ICU, the doctors and nurses would continue their efforts, their movements swift and focused. They would administer medications, use a defibrillator to deliver an electric shock to Nandini's heart in an attempt to restore its normal rhythm, and carefully monitor her vital signs.

Minutes would feel like hours as they fought to bring Nandini back from the brink. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, there would be a moment of hope as Nandini's pulse returned, weak but steady. The room would exhale a collective sigh of relief as the medical team continued to stabilize her.

Outside the ICU, Manik would cling to the hope that Nandini would pull through. He would silently pray for her recovery, his heart aching with the realization of how close he had come to losing her.

As Manik watched from outside the ICU, his heart felt like it was trapped in a vice, squeezed tight with fear and uncertainty. He pressed his palms against the cool glass, willing himself to stay calm as he watched the medical team frantically work to revive Nandini.

Every second felt like an eternity, each beep of the monitors echoing in his ears like a countdown to disaster. His mind raced with a thousand worst-case scenarios, each one more terrifying than the last. But through the chaos and the fear, he couldn't tear his eyes away from Nandini.And then, just when he felt like he couldn't bear it any longer, he saw it—the faintest flicker of movement. His heart skipped a beat as he watched Nandini's eyelids flutter, a sign that she was fighting her way back to consciousness.

A surge of hope flooded through Manik as he watched her slowly come back to life. He could see the tension in her body easing, her breathing becoming less labored with each passing moment. It was as if a heavy weight had been lifted from his chest, replaced by a sense of overwhelming relief.

Tears of gratitude welled up in his eyes as he watched Nandini blink, her gaze growing clearer with each passing second. She was going to be okay. She was going to survive this.In that moment, all the doubts and fears that had plagued him melted away, replaced by an overwhelming sense of gratitude and love for the woman who had captured his heart. As he watched her slowly come back to life, he made a silent vow to never take her presence for granted again. From now on, he would cherish every moment they had together, grateful for the gift of her love.