Part 33

Jay sat on a corner seat, his cold eyes inspecting everything and everyone,he had spent his youthful days for his country, civil servant,he has dedicated his life for career.

he did loved a girl , but it became a tragedy, even if he was an IAS officer, his lover's family objected, they thought he's not match to her family, not equal ,socially and culturally inferior to them .

That sweet affair ends with a bitter note. He'd move on, years left like that.

After retirement,he accepted Veer Raichands enormous offer. Not because he need a job to survive but because Veer was so desperate to look after his granddaughter. His exile compelled veer to ask him for a favour, Veer almost pleaded him to take charge of his granddaughter.

Veer handled over Khushi Guptas responsibility to Shashi Gupta, but Veer trusted him with her security. Throughout this period he was there for Veer. But now he feels dejected.

Amogh and his uncle's gange penetrated Raichands security system and they tricked Arnavs personal bodyguards.

Even though Amogh succeeded in his plottings , he'd brutally failed in his own battle. He lost his life because of bloody weapon dealings.

Khushi is struggling to keep her life. two bullets shots. one close to her outer heart membrane, next one on shoulder blade. She was extremely fortunate to survive, because first bullet was lethal. It's proximity to heart causes uncertainty in medical team.

Jay looked at Arnav, ASR too absorbed in his agony, his posture says it all. Wrinkled shirt pants. Tousled hair, unkept beard.bloodshot eyes, looking at Arnav , Jay felt a tug in his heart.

beyond broken..!!

He was doubtful about Arnav Singh Raizada, he was known ladies man, never believed in commitments. His girlfriends were just ornamentals nothing too deep.

ASR doesn't believes in marriage..!

However he married, his marriage with Khushi was total irony. They were two different worlds polar opposite to each other.

Their supposed love seems fake to him. That's why he was suspicious about Arnav.

Jay took a deep breath. It's been three days. Veer is staying in hospital itself. His blood pressure shoot up and doctors consulted bed rest,so he's admitted here, staying close to next wing .

So did Gupta's, fortunately Shashi Gupta shows boldness, he was very upset when he heard the gunshot news, but Khushi being escaped from nasty bloodshot held his hope. Gupta's too camping besides Veer Raichands room.

Veer, he's devastated beyond words, he lost his son, his family, now his granddaughter, his old heart pinching with agony.

Also his evil foster son died in a fatal bombings. Jay again skimmed through the latest reports upon Khushi Guptas medical condition.

It says she's regaining stability. But she's not ready to wake up.

eventually she get better with time.

But when..? That's a risky answer.

*****************************

The doctor had told him that they are waiting for twenty four hours,now it's three days, now that khushi's grandfather and his army camps too arrived.

" Miss Raizada is in very critical condition..we are trying our best.."

" Mrs Khushi is responding to the medicines.. her first surgery was successful.."

" The bullet crossed just a small distance from heart, we'd removed the other bullet.."

" Everything is clear now..we removed both bullets from her body.. but there's some complications we need to wait for another twenty four hours..."