𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 || Sal x Non-Binary! Reader

(𝐀/𝐍 - 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜)

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 was lovely, trees swaying softly in the wind, kids' laughter all around, the sound of fish splashing around in the pond, overall, a calming moment. Your father decided to bring you to the park for some bonding time. You both enjoyed pushing each other on the swings, with you at least trying to. It was quite a funny sight for others to see, admittedly it was adorable though. 

Your father needed to get something from the car, so he asked you wait by the sand pit. He gave you your favorite trains and said he would only take a second. Right as he left, a shadow peered over you.

You looked up to see a nervous boy with strikingly blue hair. He made eye contact with you and glanced away nervously. You smiled brightly, now standing up saying "Hello!" in a squeaky voice. 

"H-hi," the boy said back, fiddling with his fingers.

"Are you okay? You seem nervous," you said, holding your trains closely. He looked down to your hands, staring at your trains with sparkling eyes. "Would you like to play trains with me?" you asked kindly, a smile appearing on your face. 

"Mhm," he agreed quietly, rocking back and forth. Your smile widened even more, you then opened your hands, inviting him to sit down. He took hold and promptly sat down beside you. You failed to notice your dad quietly awing at the sight. 

You were quite an imaginative kid so you said your train could fly, proceeding to make the train "fly." The boy stared back with a big grin, copying your actions, he also made his train "fly." You were suddenly knocked over by a bigger kid, who seemed to be way older. He looked at you and then took your train, running away with it. You sat there and felt tears in your eyes, that was one of your favorite trains. 

Your dad came rushing over to try and comfort you. The boy looked at you and bent down to face you. He gave you your train back with a smile and said he would be right back. With tears still in your eyes, you silently nodded. 

A few minutes later he came back with his arms behind his back. He faced you and showed you what he had. He had gotten you some small flowers from the park you guys were at. "Y-you were sad so I thought flowers could help," he said, holding the flowers to you. You took the flowers gratefully and gave him a big hug. Your dad glanced at the sight with a soft smile, until a blonde women approached the young boy. 

"Sal! There you are, I was looking for you-!" she was stunned by the sight in front of her. She bent down and asked what had happened. You told her what happened, and she thanked you for hanging out with her son and how sorry she was about the train. 

"I'm so sorry about your train but we have to head home now, Sal sweetie, we have to go," she said while facing Sal. 

"NO!" he shouted, now clutching onto your shirt. You looked at him sadly till you had an idea. You moved him from your shirt to grab your train he was playing with. He looked at you, confused. 

"If your mommy says you can come back tomorrow, we can play trains again," you said, handing him one of your favorite trains. He looked over to his mom, who agreed. He glanced back at you with a huge smile, tackling you into a hug, promising he would see you again tomorrow.