𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 || Larry x Non-Binary! Reader (Platonic)

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧! SoftGhost09 

𝐓𝐖: 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.

"𝐇𝐨𝐰 am I supposed to believe him y/n? I know Sal is my brother, not to mention best friend but he could still lie to me." Pacing back and forth, Larry nervously plays with his hair. Even after all these years he still wore a Sanity Falls shirt, now in a bigger size of course. His brown hair now much longer and figure more masculine. Despite all this though, Larry still had a heart of gold. 

"Why would he lie to you-"

"An alien. He said my dad was an alien! Do you know how crazy that sounds?! We may have experienced many unexplainable things, but I know my dad was a human." Stopping Larry by grabbing his hands, you draw circles as you try to comfort him as well as reason with him. 

"I know, I know it's insane to think but you know Sal would never lie to you. You two care for each other so much, so why would he make up stories about your father when he knows how much of a touchy subject that is for you. Sal wouldn't never try and intentionally make you upset, you know that. I know it's hard to believe but please, trust him." Hesitating a bit, Larry lets out a sigh before looking at you again.

"I-I'll try. It'll take me a while to come to terms with, but I'll be alright. Thank you y/n." Opening him arms, you walk over to complete the hug. With the embrace, you could feel tears drop onto your shoulder, you stay by his side as he lets out all his bottled emotions. 

•·················•·················•

That day, you could still remember it like it was yesterday. The sound of screams, the blood on the floor, the emotionless yet hesitant grasp Sal had on the knife, the tears in your eyes, the fear in Larry's eyes, the heartbreak, the fear, the way the dreary night whispered secrets as the three of you ran. Sal had killed everyone, everyone. You didn't know what to do at the time, but you knew what he did wasn't his fault. Larry took the both of you and ran, where to? No one knew just yet. You all knew the police would be coming soon, with that information you finally knew exactly where to go. 

An abandoned two-story house was perfect. It had been your safe haven when you needed an escape from reality. The located was secluded and not known, you only knew about this place when you encountered it on accident. Repairing it on the inside but not the outside kept many unwanted guests away. 

Reaching the house, police sirens played like a taunting tone from afar. You could see Sal drop to his knees and look at the ground in disbelief. Larry held onto you, no emotion on his face. You? You just stood there and silently cried. Everyone you knew and loved had been killed just like that. You would never blame Sal for what had happened, but you still grieved. 

After a couple second of silence, Larry finally talked after what felt like the longest time. "Let's go inside," he whispered. 

•·················•·················•

It had been months since the mass murder. The news still played the case and you would always shut it off when it did. Things for the three of you have calmed down a bit, however, you were all still on high alert. You would be the one to go out for supplies as you hadn't been in Nockfell for as long as Sal and Larry. 

One day Sal had told you both that he would go see Ashley. He had been explaining things to her and finally decided it was safe enough to visit her. Grasping on one of Sal's shoulders, you give him a small smile. "Be safe," you tell him. You could see his gaze soften before agreeing he would. 

Larry went for a hug, "Yeah, you better be safe or I'll kick your ass." You three let out a laugh before waving Sal a temporary farewell. After hearing the door shut, silence was the only thing heard. You turned to look at Larry but was shocked to see him repressing tears. 

"Larry?" You approach him, you saw how he was shaking and how much fear he held in his eyes. You went to grab his shoulder but didn't expect him to turn and hold onto you. You were surprised, not at all expecting this, even so you still brought him down to the floor so he would be more comfortable. You rub his back as he spoke. 

"I-I'm sorry, it..it's just I-"

"I know Larry, just let it out. I will stay here by your side and listen." 

"Mom...everyone, I know it wasn't his fault but it still h-hurts. I just...I just want to die. I don't think I can do this anymore y/n." You look at Larry, in pure shock and betrayal. You didn't even feel yourself raise a hand to slap him. He grasped onto his cheek and looked at you, an angry expression on your face.

"Do you really think that would fix everything Larry?! Killing yourself won't solve anything. Do you even know how we would feel?! You talking about throwing away your life just like that, what would Lisa say?! What would Sal say?! You have people that care about you. We already lost so many, I don't want to lose you to..." Kneeling down, you wipe the endless flowing of tears. 

You suddenly feel a presence near you. "I'm sorry y/n. You're right, I shouldn't be talking about dying that easily."

"No Larry, I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"No, you had every right to."

"Y'know, a while ago, Lisa told me how proud she was of the man you grew up to be." Larry looked at you, a shine in his eyes. 

"Mom was the greatest. Even if we ever fought, we would always apologize to each other. I could tell her everything. I hope she's doing well, wherever she is." Suddenly, Larry felt a shiver, as well as you. 

"Did you feel that? I think Lisa just gave a hug. Or I'd like to think so."

"If she did," looking behind him, he spoke, "I love you mom." 

From that day on, your bond with both boys increased. Greiving together helped a lot with moving on. You would talk about the memories you had together and have some good laughs. Ashley came over from time to time as well, she was still the Ash you once knew, just much more mature. You three still stayed in hiding, but the atmosphere in the house was no longer negative. In its place, was a feeling of home. 

Despite everything that occurred, life continued...but, it was okay.