𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 || Larry x Female! Reader

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 had decided to visit your grandmother in Nockfell. The small house with the kindest old lady was one of the places where your best memories came from. It had a been a few months since you had been in the small area, so there were most likely new areas to discover. As you walked around the familiar pathways, you saw something in the distance. "Is that a treehouse?" you muttered, squinting your eyes to try and get a better look from a far. 

You moved closer to the tree and to your surprise, you were correct. A well sized treehouse with a few wooden planks as the stairs were what you were met with. "Is this place abandoned?" you whispered while looking around, trying to see any signs of someone nearby. 'Maybe I shouldn't be here..oh what the heck, my curiosity is killing me!' With a firm grasp on the first plank, you started to ascend. 

When you reached the top, you were startled by someone staring at you. You both stared at each other for a hot second before you awkwardly started talking. "Sorry! I uh, didn't know whose treehouse this was. I thought it was abandoned-" you said, continuing to blabber. "I should probably go, apologies again." Just as you were about to head back down, the unknown boy approached you. 

"It's alright man, you could hang with me if you want. Treehouses are super cool huh?" he said as he held out his hand for you to grab. You took it and right as you did-----you were lifted onto the platform. "My name's Larry, nice to meet cha."

"Y/n, nice to meet you to," you replied with a smile. "So, what's it like having a treehouse? I've always wanted one," you said as you observed your surroundings. 

"Pretty sick honestly, it's nice to catch a break here, y'know?" 

"I understand, sometimes you just need a moment to yourself."

"You got that right. Hey, I haven't seen you before, did you just move here?"

"Nope, just visiting family. My grandma actually."

"Grandma? Like the one down the road?"

"Yeah! How'd you know?" you asked, sort of in shock. 

"Not to braaggg, but she called me handsome on my way from the store. That was the start of a beautiful friendship. I will say though, your grandmother is very kind, even made me and my mom cookies."

"That's my grandmother for you, only the kindest."

You and Larry chatted for hours, and continued to do so as the days went by. Slowly but surely, you started to develop feelings for Larry, how could you not though? He was kind enough to show you around, introduce his friends to you, took you out to hang out, vented and listened to you when you did, it was honestly everything you wanted in a significant other. However, you only had two weeks till you had to leave back to the city. You really didn't want to go but you knew you had to. 

You debated many times a day whether or not you should tell Larry that you had a crush on him. Overthinking was your specialty. You didn't want to ruin what you had with him but what if he accepted? What if he couldn't handle long distance if he did reciprocate your feelings? Too many thoughts and scenarios filled your brain, resulting in a headache. 

You decided to consult to your grandmother right after you get Tylenol for your headache. Sitting in her rocking chair, your grandmother was admiring a photo album. "Grandma?" you called out, careful to not startle her. 

"Y/n! How's my princess doing?" your grandmother asked, a smile now on her face. 

"I was wondering if you could give me some advice?"

"Of course, come, sit down next to me." Patting the seat next to her, you joined her. 

"Basically, I have a crush on this boy named Larry and I don't know if he likes me back...What should I do?" You asked as your grandmother listened intently while braiding your hair. 

"Larry? That boy with the long brown hair? He already likes you."

"HUH?!" you said, stunned. Turning your head to face your grandmother, face screaming in disbelief. Your grandmother only patted your head. 

"He comes over every once in a while to chat with me. He talks very highly of you. Says you're kind, amazing, thoughtful, beautiful, and so much more I can't seem to remember."

"What should I do though? It seems he likes me, but I have to go back to the city soon," you said, feeling absolutely defeated. Feeling two arms grasp your shoulders, your grandmother held you close.

"If he loves you as much as he says, waiting won't be such a big problem. If you both love each other as strongly as the sun shines, faith will aid in both of your futures. Never forget you'll go through trial and error, but don't let that get you down. Love is a powerful thing y/n, why do you think I still never give up on mine? I know someday faith will soon bring me back to him..." With tears in your grandmother's eyes, you started to tear up as well. You both embraced each other before she grabbed your cheek and planted a small kiss of hope. You would confess to Larry before the sun set the next day-----it was now or never.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

You waited for Larry by the tree, nervousness increasing with each second passing. "BOO," Larry yelled from right behind you. You immediately fell to the ground in shock. 

"LARRY! YOU ASSHOLE," you screamed before looking at him and laughing. He brought you back up and welcomed you in a hug. You gladly accepted, savoring the moment. "Hey Larry...I uh, have something to tell you."

"No way! Me as well."

"Want me to go first?" you asked.

"If you want," Larry said. 

"Okay...uhm, well I...I li-"

"I LIKE YOU Y/N," Larry shouted, interrupting you. You both looked at each other in shock, not expecting to say the same thing. "Well, that makes it a whole lot easier," Larry joked. Before he could continue though, you jumped into his arms. 

"You don't know how long I've wished for you to say that to me. Also, fuck you for interrupting my moment."

"Haha, sorry 'bout that y/n. Maybe you can take me on a date, I'll let you be the first to ask me."

"Whatever, just let me savor this moment."

"Whatever you say, Mrs. Johnson-"

"LARRY!-"

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Despite going back to the city, you and Larry still loved each other very much. Nothing could break the bond you both had. You reunited on the day of your grandmother's funeral. She had always told you to be happy on her funeral, it being her final wish. She wanted to be celebrated for who she was, and besides, she would always look after you with her love by her side. Despite shedding a few tears, you knew she was happy above with her husband. You knew she would delighted to see the love you had for Larry, and his love for you, never diminished. You hoped she was proud of you. 

'𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙙, 𝙢𝙮 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙨.'