𝐀 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐲 || Larry x Male! Reader

𝘼𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙚.

The morning sky was cloudy and emotionless, not having a trace of rain you had decided to not bring an umbrella, much to your mother's protest. Walking to and from home was exhausting but you could handle it. Besides, you had a certain someone to accompany you. 

"Hey y/n, do you think Mrs. Day would excuse the fact I didn't do my homework if I said my mom swapped it with the bills?" This. This was Larry. A laid back, attractive fellow. With long pushed back brown hair, a lean figure, and the kind of person who could pull off basically anything. 

"Really? Swapped with the bills? C'mon Lar, I know you can do better." A smirk resting on your face only made him sulk. 

"Damn, really thought that excuse was perfect as well," he clicked his tongue with fake annoyance. You only rolled your eyes, despite him being knowledgeable about rock bands, he's pretty awful at making excuses.

"Try and do better, we do only have a few minutes before our first class."

"You're sooooo helpful y/n," he said as he punched your arm in response. You faked being hurt and clutched your arm in pain. Larry rolled his eyes before placing his hands back in his pockets, still thinking about the perfect excuse. 

**✿❀○❀✿**

Class was filled with nothing but drama and the teacher blabbering on and on about some subject. With your cheek resting on your palm, you admired the dreary sky with a sigh. You flinched once a single drop of rain landed on the window. One, two, then-----as if someone was letting out their repressed emotions, the endless flow of rain crashed upon Nockfell. You cursed under your breath, regretting that you didn't listen to your mother. 

Although the walk home would be cold and uncomfortable, you couldn't deny you loved the sound of rain. The rain at night would, and will, always be the best. Laying in silence before hearing the sound of rain play softly in the background was a noise that could always lull you to sleep.  However, you weren't in the comfort of your bed, so this rain was irritating. Each drop felt like a taunting remark that only pissed you off. 

**✿❀○❀✿**

Ok, so the walk isn't that bad. Larry was entertaining enough to distract you from the fact that you were freezing. Home was still minutes away and you were eager to take a hot shower soon. Suddenly, in a heart stopping moment, a random animal that scurried across the sidewalk had caused you to trip and fall, the feeling of your knees scraping against the pavement caused you to hiss in pain. Larry could only kneel down to see if you were alright.

You were immediately hit with the smell of copper. The fall was so bad that the wound was bleeding non-stop. It was already bad enough that the wound was affected by the small rocks and dirt sticking to the blood. Hearing the sound of something tearing caught you off guard. Larry, who had ripped his shirt, wrapped your wound with the strip of fabric tightly around your knee. Unexpectantly, he stepped in front of you and lifted you onto his back. His hands were supporting your weight by the grip on your thighs. 

You were now panicking, telling him that it was alright and that you could walk. He refused and insisted he carry you back home. Knowing Larry was a stubborn guy, you obliged. You felt bad through the whole ride back, his hair was wet and getting in the way, and he had extra weight to carry. As if he heard your thoughts, he suddenly said, "Y/n, it's not your fault. Besides, I'm fine. I care for you as much as I know you care for me so let me do this for you." You went silent, letting the words he had said register in your brain. 

You felt a smile. Leaning comfortably in his embrace, you whispered a quiet, "Thank you."

**✿❀○❀✿**

-The next day-

You both got sick and received a long, strict lecture from both of your mom's. But hey, now you guys won't have to go to school, right?