CHAPTER 2 (BOOK 1)

Y/N'S POV

“Hey, Mom and Dad. I hope I’m not late,” someone said from behind me. That deep, husky voice is so familiar.

I hope it’s not him.

I fidgeted with my fingers and bit my lower lip, a nervous habit of mine.

“No, you’re not late, honey. You’re on time,” his mom said, and we all stood up. My parents faced him, but I didn’t even turn around to look at him.

“Here, meet Mr. L/n and Mrs. L/n,” his dad said.

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. L/n,” he greeted.

Again, the same deep voice.

“Here, meet our daughter,” my mom said, and I turned around. My heart was thumping in my chest. I felt everything around me slow down. I turned around, but my eyes didn’t move to look at him. I was looking at his feet.

“Y/n, this is Taehyung,” she said, and the next second, my eyes went from his shoes to his face.

Those same black orbs and wavy hair. The eyes that once held love were now full of hate.

His gaze grew tense, and my eyes widened in shock.

“Taehyung, this is Y/n,” my mom replied.

“H-Hello, Miss Y/n,” he said.  His eyes radiated pure hate.

“Hello, Mr. Kim Taehyung,” I replied.

“Okay, kids, let’s get seated,” Mr. Kim said, and we all went back to our places.

“So, Taehyung, your parents told me how ambitious and passionate you are about your work. I’m really impressed,” my dad said.

“Yes, Miss Y/n. Thank you so much,” he replied.

I stared at my lap the whole time. My lack of courage was letting me down. I don’t want to marry him after what he did. He broke my heart, and I will not let him do that again. Never. I will say no to my parents. At least I have that right. They were all talking about business, and I, on the other hand, was quietly observing what was going on.

In these three years, he’s changed a lot. His hair grew longer, his features became a little more intimidating, and his aura was stronger than before. He isn’t that softie anymore.

My parents were impressed and got along well with Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

“So, we have plenty of time to talk about business, Mr. Kim. "Kim, let's discuss the primary topic we're gathered for," my dad said.

Cool, calm, and collected.

"Yes, Mr./Ms./Mrs. Kim. So, Taehyung, your mother and I have decided to arrange your marriage to Y/N. Do you have any objections?" Mr. Kim inquired of him.

I hope he goes against their decision.

"No, Mom and Dad, I'm perfectly fine with your decision," he said dryly. He appeared disinterested. His expression made it evident that he wasn't interested in this marriage.

Is it because I'll be his wife, or is he not getting a chance to marry the one he loves? Who knows, he might have found someone new, or he's still with her.

"Y/N, what about you?" Mr. Kim asked me. Now, everyone at the table was looking at me. I detest being the center of attention.

Don't be nervous.

"Mr. Kim, I need some time. I can't say yes. I don't know him well, so I need some time." That was a complete lie. I know everything about him. I was a little scared after responding because I knew my reply didn't satisfy my parents.