CHAPTER 27 (BOOK 2)

TAEHYUNG'S POV 

It's the final and last day of the project. After that, we will be (I hope not) parting ways. Will I see her again? Will she come back into my life again? Did she really move on and is she happy to see me like this? I don't want to part ways with her.

Raavia's words kept coming to my mind.

If she isn't coming back into your life, then the timing isn't right. She will come back when everything falls into place.

But time is running out. It's now or never.

You will get her by hook or by crook, and that's my promise to you.

I smiled at her response. She is too determined to get us together, but on the other hand, you don't want to.

The backstage was bustling with activity. Preparations were on point, and the paparazzi were waiting outside with the audience to click pictures of my latest designs.

"Raavia, is she here?" I asked her, and she nodded. She herself was rushing to get things done.

"Sir, you should get ready too. The couple's walk will start after the solo model walks," she said, and I nodded.

"Sir, I need to tell you something, but not now. After the ramp ends, please remind me," she said and strode off.

See, she is my secretary, but she is telling me to remind her that she has to tell me something.

I chuckled at her, but soon my gut feeling hit me. Something bad is going to happen today.

Pushing that negative feeling aside, I went to where all the models were getting their makeup done.

And there she was, sitting in a bodycon dress, getting her make-up done. She will be the second to walk down the ramp.

Her hair was tied in a low ponytail, and her flicks were middle-parted and cascaded on her sides. Her long lashes fluttered with every blink, and the net neck gave a good view of her clavicles. She stood up to get her dress adjusted. The piece clinched her curves in an elegantly sexy way.

No matter why she is in so much demand, she gets plenty of contracts and even works with small brands too.

I kept admiring her until our eyes finally met. Her siren eyes made a chill run down my spine. When I say she is the only woman who can make me nervous, it's true. Only she has the power to do that and no one else.

Raavia came from behind and stood next to me.

"Raavia, get every model's dress checked before they go for the ramp. And hers especially," I said while pointing towards her, who was pretending to read a magazine.

"Yes, Mr. Kim," she said and started getting every model's dress checked.

"Wishing you all the best. Walk like you own it," I wished them good luck.

"Thank you, Mr. Kim," they all said, except for her. She stood there looking at me, like she was staring into my soul.

They all stood in a line and the show was about to start.

She was about to go to her position in the line.

"Can't take your eyes off me?" I said, and she halted.

"Looking at you for the last time," she said and strode off. My heart stilled in my chest.

"I will never make it happen," I said to myself, and the show finally began.

The ramp was circular, with people sitting in the middle. The models had to walk in a round and would reach the other side of the backstage.

I was watching their walks on a TV.  I saw her—same siren eyes and fierce expression. Her hips swayed to the sides, and she walked like she owned it. People were so awestruck by her beauty that they couldn't help but click multiple pictures of her.