CHAPTER 15 (BOOK 2)

Y/N'S POV

One year passed.

One year has passed  since I left my birthplace to start my life anew, in a new form. I left all those brutal things behind so that my mind could be at peace.

New beginnings are tough. No matter how much we deny it, new beginnings bring good to us and change our aura and form so much that people won't be able to stop themselves from taking a glance at you. But the thing they won't talk about is the transition. Transition is too tough to handle.

In fact, this new beginning has made me fulfill my dreams and reach a certain height in my life, but no one told me how many disconnections one needs to make to achieve them.

Some disconnections will bless your life...
                                                                         -The quote says

Some disconnections don't bless your life, they leave scars instead.

This is what I added to make it match my life perfectly.

I am happy in my life in terms of my career and achieving my goals, but in terms of love, it remains the same: broken, hurt, and scarred.

But still, I crave that connection, no matter how much it has hurt. What would we call it, stupidity or madness? I don't know. It may be madness. I still want him in my life, even after being brainwashed by my brother. His brainwashing didn't change a thing in my mind for him. I know there are barely any chances of him being with me, and if there are some, then I don't want that to happen. But still, why do I think about him every day?

We are divorced; our marriage ended. He might have moved on and have someone else in his life. But still, hope is what ignites my heart that one day he will come searching for me, beg me to forgive him, and come back with him.

To start our relationship wholly again, like we are meeting for the first time, we don't know anything about each other, and unveiling everything so that nothing is left hidden between us. Starting our relationship all over again.

But when God doesn't give you what you want, it's a sign that he doesn't want us to suffer because of it.

We all read a quote recently:

“When God gives you what you want, it's his affection, but when he doesn't give you what you want, it's his protection.”

This is what I feel. He is protecting me from someone who no longer serves me well. Who has hurt me to an extent that I have lost the hope of truly being loved by someone and not getting cheated on in the end.

Now, I am in a relationship—more like a situationship—with a man who works with my brother at a prestigious company.

Ethan William

Michael is what you all expected? To all those who don't know Michael or may have forgotten him, Michael and Jordan were two guys I met when I was going on a honeymoon with Taehyung, with Kathy being the third wheel. They both saw how he treated me and came up with a plan of igniting jealousy in his heart by making me fake-date Michael. No doubt we succeeded, but at last, I was taken away by him when my brother got to know what he did.  Michael and Jordan are having the best lives. Living in the same building, I meet them every day.

So, where were we? We were talking about Ethan William, a man who has caught my brother's eye in terms of taking care of a woman and being a complete green flag for me. But I knew how many red flags he hid under his green flag aura. 

My brother thinks he is a perfect match for me, and he has set me up with him while ignoring my countless protests about not being in a relationship. No matter how much he cares about me, accompanies me to shoots, and is a gentleman, I still feel something missing.