CHAPTER 14 (BOOK 2)

1 year passed

TAEHYUNG'S POV

One year passed,

One year passed, realizing what her presence meant to me. One year of pure guilt for not listening to her side of the story, not clearing the misunderstanding then, judging her character, and saying brutal things during our six months of marriage.

Three months, to be clear.

Why do we realize the importance of a person when they are long gone? Every second, every minute, every hour, and still every day, I blame myself for what happened. When my relationship was so perfect, and I had a perfect life, why did I have to mess it up? Why did I believe that psycho friend of mine instead of Y/N?

I smile to myself like a maniac when I remember the lovely time I spent with her four years ago.

I still remember that day clearly when we met after three years of being broken up.
My heart thumped loudly in my chest when my eyes met hers. She looked so pretty and gorgeous. Her large brown eyes and pink, plump lips. Her slim face and body. Her curves were perfect and fit any dress. I loved her healthier self too, but the one I saw a year ago made me fall for her even more. I wonder how she looks now. Is she still the same or even more gorgeous and breathtaking?

And how can I forget when she roasted me during our three months of marriage? I laugh remembering the words she said.

"What should I do, get you a girl who will marry you? I don't run a marriage bureau."

When I asked her to get married to me because my dad liked her so much, she replied with the marriage bureau comment.

Too stupid of you to think that I still love a jerk like you

She replied when I said that I knew you still loved me. That is what she said. I laughed, remembering her response. She rightly addressed me back then—jerk. I am legitimately one for not believing her and judging her.

I know her through and through. She wasn't entirely over me. Some part of her heart still yearned for me. I wish it remains the same until I meet her again.

Every day was a hope, a four-letter word that has the power to destroy or accomplish people's dreams. Hope that I will find her in whichever state of America she is living in.

But disappointment lingered on the other side. What if I won't be able to find her? Then it's the end. She is gone forever—to move ahead in her life and be with her happily ever after.

These two words ignited me with an accomplishment of getting her back. The marriage wasn't over. She signed her part, but I didn't. We are still married. And I will get her back, no matter what it takes.

My company made significant progress. My dad made me the CEO and was pleased by the progress and countless achievements. But in the end, he wanted to see me settled, too. For him, y/n left and will never come back, but for me, she is still there, and I will find her.

My mom and dad want me to move on. They want me to be with someone else regardless. They don't know I am still searching for her. Whenever this topic comes up during dinner, I always change it by talking about something else.