CHAPTER 4 (BOOK 1)

Y/N'S POV

I woke up and stretched my arms. I had my best sleep ever. I didn't feel like leaving bed. But, I have to get up. Leaving all the warmth and comfort behind. I rubbed my eyes and combed my hair with my hands. The moment I opened my eyes, I jolted up.

“Aaa” I shouted while looking at the half naked Taehyung standing in front of me with a towel wrapped on his waist and his hair a little wet. His tummy is replaced by toned abs. And he was boring holes in me.

His glare made me shudder. His hands were on his hips and he was looking at me like he wanted an explanation. My eyes went on his abs again and again.

“Like what you see, Mrs. Kim?” he asked with a mischievous grin on his face.

“Of course not, Mr. Kim,” I replied. His smirk vanished in a fraction of a second.

“Will you go and put on some clothes?” I said to him.
I have never felt this uncomfortable seeing him half-naked.

“Why? Can't you control yourself in front of me?” he teased, and I cringed.

I sighed, ignored his words, stood up from the bed, and went towards the wardrobe to get my clothes and a towel. He stood near me with a good gap between us.

“Why was I on the floor last night?” he asked, and I struggled to hold back my laughter.

“How would I know why you were on the floor?” I said while taking out my towel and some clothes.

“Y/N, do you think I'm a fool?” he asked.

“Yes, there's no doubt about it,” I said while closing my wardrobe. I was standing with its support.

I was trying to control my laughter. Last night, when we were both sleeping, he crossed the line and hugged me. I was in a deep sleep, and the moment his arm snaked around my waist, I pushed him so hard in fear that he fell off the bed. I woke up with heavy breathing and took a minute or so to calm myself. But he didn't budge. I saw him sleeping on the floor, one leg up and one leg down, with his arms spread wide.

I laughed at his weird pose, but then guilt arose. He might have gotten hurt. I stood up from the bed and went to check for any signs of injury. There were none. Waking him up would be a tough job, and lifting him up wouldn't be possible. I gave him a blanket and placed a pillow under his head.

No matter how much we hate each other, I still care about him.

I smiled as I remembered last night's incident.

“Y/n—” ruining my morning with a senseless argument already. I know we can't have a happy married life, but we can surely have a peaceful one. And he needs to understand that.

“See, Taehyung, I am not in the mood to have an unnecessary fight. Will you please let me go to the washroom to do my routine? I have plenty of work left rather than engaging in unnecessary bickering with you,” I said softly. I wasn't in the mood to fight. I walked past him towards the washroom.

He grabbed my wrist and yanked me towards him, his hands harshly clutching both my arms. I winced in pain.

“Ow! What is your problem, Taehyung?” I asked him, clutching a towel to my chest as if it were the only thing that could protect me from him.

“You,” he venomously spat, his tone full of hatred and loathing.

“You are my problem,” his deep voice made goosebumps erupt on my body. It was the first time I had ever feared him. Water droplets slid down his collarbones, and a few strands of wet hair cascaded over his face. It felt like he would devour me the next second.

“If it weren't for the CEO position, I would never have married a girl like you. Look at yourself,” he said while tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. My insecurities surfaced at his remark.

“You aren't even my type. God knows why I even dated you back then,” he spat, his words shattering my heart.

“You aren't even one percent as attractive as compared to Kathy. You are so plain, and she is hot, pretty, and alluring. My parents are foolish to be impressed by you.” His every word hit me hard. My vision blurred, but I refrained from crying in front of him.

How many expectations I had kept from my marriage, but guess what, my fate isn't on my side.

“Now, listen here, Y/n, you better behave nicely. I don't want your attitude. Behave like a good wife until we move into my mansion,” he said and roughly released my arms. His grip would have left a mark.

“And one more thing. We will get divorced after six months.” My heart stopped.

“I don't want you to bother me and Kathy in that mansion. We will live under one roof and will do whatever each of us wants to,” he spatted.

“Now, GO! And do your so-called routine,” he yelled. I jolted up and hurriedly went inside the washroom.

I was beyond broken. I had so many expectations for my future marriage. But I guess it isn't in my fate to be loved by people. I want to get away from everyone.

I want to go to my brother, who loves and cares about me. He gave me his blessings when we found out about our marriage. He wasn't able to come. I hope that after 6 months when we get divorced, my brother will come and take me with him abroad.

_____________________________________________

Do vote and comment 😊😘🎇❤️