CHAPTER 13 (BOOK 1)

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I didn't waste a single second there. I grabbed my keys and drove off to my mansion. While driving, I realized that I had blamed and judged Y/N because of a misunderstanding. How stupid I was! I was such a terrible person to say those bad things to her and judge her character. All the time, she was being honest. I really need to confront her about all of this.

As soon as I reached my mansion, I went to have a talk with Y/N. I saw my parents standing in the living room.

"Hello, Mom and Dad. How are-" Before I could complete my sentence, a harsh slap landed on my cheek.

My dad had slapped me. But why?

"This was unexpected from you. I never knew you would stoop so low to become the CEO," my dad said angrily. Had he found out about the CEO thing and all the drama? I looked at him with shame in my eyes. His eyes were full of anger, and my mom was standing far behind him.

I had disappointed them.

"How dare you hurt a girl like Y/N? She was sweet and humble. But still, you don't get it. You were after that, Kathy. I told you, Taehyung, she will ruin you one day. She is using you for money. But you were so stupid and blinded by her love that you didn't believe it," he said.

"Now see what she did, and Y/N caught her. I told you numerous times, Tae. I am ashamed of you," he said.

"End your ties with Kathy and sign these papers too," he said while handing me some papers. The whole time, I was looking at my feet in shame. This was the first time my dad had slapped me.

"What are these papers for, Dad?" I asked, my tone a little low.

"Divorce papers," he said, and my eyes widened.

"Y/N had already signed them. Now it's your turn to sign. Sign it and end this marriage. And stay with that Kathy of yours. And don't worry, you still have the CEO position. I don't want that back," he said and harshly handed me the papers.

I couldn't believe it. She had already signed them.

"You're joking, Dad. She didn't sign them, right?" I asked in disbelief.

"She did," my dad said, and I turned the papers over. There, her signature was in cursive. This couldn't be true. She should have talked to me before doing this.

"I need to see her now. Where is she?" I said and started looking for her.

"Y/N!" I looked in the kitchen.

"Y/N!" Then in her bedroom.

I checked the washrooms too, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Dad, where is she?" I asked desperately.

"She left." My heart stilled.

"She left to meet her mom and dad, right?" I asked in disbelief.

"No, she left for abroad. Her brother came and took her abroad." No, this couldn't be happening.

She can't leave. After three freaking years of pain, I had her back in my life.

She can't

she can't.

"Dad, why did you let her leave? There's a huge misunderstanding between us. I really need to clear things up. Dad, you should have stopped her. How could you let her leave without letting me see her?" I said, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Taehyung, there's no misunderstanding that needs to be cleared between the two of you. You have to let her go and let her live her life on her own terms," my dad said coldly.