CHAPTER 16 (BOOK 2)

Y/N'S POV

“Wake up, sleepyhead. It's time for breakfast.” I shuffled in my silk sheets and slowly opened my eyes to see my brother cleaning my room.

“You’re working overtime again?” I asked him while resting my back against the headboard.

“Yes. Our company got the biggest project of all time. We will be organizing the biggest fashion collaboration week,” he said while adjusting my photo frames on the table.

“And you may get a chance to be a model as well. I gave them your name too,” he said and sat in front of me on the bed.

“Really!” I exclaimed happily.

“Yes. Ethan and I showed your portfolio to our boss, and he was quite impressed. He wants you to be part of this collaborative fashion week,” he said like a proud brother.

“And you know what's the best part?” he said, and my curiosity was at its peak.

“You will be walking on the ramp in this fashion week apart from the photoshoots,” he said.

“What! Really!” For the first time, I failed to express how happy and proud I was of myself and my brother.

“Thank you so, so, so, so much!” I said and threw myself into his arms.

“You’re welcome, baby sis. So proud of you,” he said and gently patted my head. How blessed I am to have a brother like him. He supports me and loves me so much that I never feel alone. He is always there with me like my shadow.

“Love you, oldie,” I said and broke the hug. He chuckled at the nickname.

“Love you, sissy,” he said and pinched my nose.

But, as usual, my overthinking strikes me. The inner voice came again. What if I fall on the ramp in front of the people and the media? What if a terrible wardrobe malfunction happens on the ramp? What if they don't like me when they see me in real life? What if they make me wear a dress that is out of my comfort zone? What if I don't match their model requirements? No doubt I have become quite famous. But I wasn't popular like the top models were. The perfect body and face, soft glowing skin without makeup. And I get bloated if I eat something that doesn't suit me. My face looks so oily and swollen in the morning. No matter how big the project and collaboration is, it was only suitable for top models, not a simple and less popular model like me.

"Overthinking again?" my brother asked.

"Hmm," I said while nodding.

“What's going on in this head of yours?” he said while tapping on my temple.

“I'm scared,” I mumbled.

“Of what?” he asked.

“Anything negative happening on the show. It's one of the biggest projects I've ever gotten. I'm just afraid of failing to fulfill their requirements for the clothing model. What if I fall on the ramp in front of the audience and the media? What if there's a terrible wardrobe malfunction on the ramp? What if they don't like me when they see me in person? What if they make me wear a dress that's out of my comfort zone?  What if—”